Sign in to follow this  
kenman

Something Wrong

I noticed ads popping up over certain words here in the Omega Sector.  Initially I thought it was my Firefox, maybe an add-on I never wanted or some sort.  After going through a big pain in the of Restoring Firefox...I noticed it was still here but not on any other sites...it even appeared in an entirely different browser, again only seemingly on the Omega Sector.  Maybe it is something deeper in my computer, but so far I can't find it.  Anyone experiencing this?

I noticed ads popping up over certain words here in the Omega Sector.  Initially I thought it was my Firefox, maybe an add-on I never wanted or some sort.  After going through a big pain in the of Restoring Firefox...I noticed it was still here but not on any other sites...it even appeared in an entirely different browser, again only seemingly on the Omega Sector.  Maybe it is something deeper in my computer, but so far I can't find it.  Anyone experiencing this?

I use Mac's Safari browser, and I've not had that problem.   

Disregard, I used a malware thing and seemed to have found the issue, something snuck in and was apparently screwing up stuff for my wife while I was at work too.  Luckily I think I got it out. 

Disregard, I used a malware thing and seemed to have found the issue, something snuck in and was apparently screwing up stuff for my wife while I was at work too.  Luckily I think I got it out. 

Excellent!  :thumbup:

I had to clean out a malware infection a few months ago. If you try to play a video you downloaded and none of the video players work, don't download a new video codec like Windows Media Player 'helpfully' suggests. I tried to update DivX and within seconds my computer was hijacked. I had to use Malwarebytes to get rid of it.

The Omega Sector Jedi Mindtricks You Into Buying Things.

Or malware.

Mostly malware.  Pay no attention to the sentient AI that is Omega Sector.

The Omega Sector Jedi Mindtricks You Into Buying Things.

Or malware.

Mostly malware.  Pay no attention to the sentient AI that is Omega Sector.

When OS goes haywire; time to call in the big guns:

tumblr_mh211kwrKY1rhg5lso1_500.gif

"OS tie in... this is-- this is Daystrom..."

:giggle: