Sign in to follow this  
StillKirok

General Star Wars Discussion

9 hours ago, Nombrecomun said:

I love your idea but....it's Disney. We certainly ain't getting something like that.

Yeah...there is no way they are gonna deviate that hard from the formula.  Disney can do a decent job with their properties, but they also don't take THAT many risks. Which is why they can buy up a major studio and crush all competition.

15 hours ago, Nombrecomun said:

I love your idea but....it's Disney. We certainly ain't getting something like that.

You're probably right, but I'm just trying to be an optimist...:laugh:

15 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Love, Actually 2?

Electric Boogaloo.  

Which would be a great subtitle for the standalone Artoo Detoo movie I'm sure is coming one day...

15 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

You're probably right, but I'm just trying to be an optimist...:laugh:

I dunno... if Dave Filoni handled it, I think they could do a great Obi-Wan movie.

In a way, the obvious arc has all already been told, in The Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows. It’s the ongoing rivalry and showdown between Kenobi and Darth Maul - they’d basically just have to remake that entire arc as live action. It could include all the reflective, philosophical aspects you suggest, plus it’d have all the lightsaber action any fan could want. It could be uniquely structured for a SW movie in that the story would span several time periods, from TPM all the way to just prior to ANH. It satisfies all the requirements such a story would need at the same time doing something different and giving Disney a film that doesn’t deviate too far from their established box office formula.

Even if you don’t want to see a return of Maul, you could use the same essential spine as a structure. 

56 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

I dunno... if Dave Filoni handled it, I think they could do a great Obi-Wan movie.

In a way, the obvious arc has all already been told, in The Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows. It’s the ongoing rivalry and showdown between Kenobi and Darth Maul - they’d basically just have to remake that entire arc as live action. It could include all the reflective, philosophical aspects you suggest, plus it’d have all the lightsaber action any fan could want. It could be uniquely structured for a SW movie in that the story would span several time periods, from TPM all the way to just prior to ANH. It satisfies all the requirements such a story would need at the same time doing something different and giving Disney a film that doesn’t deviate too far from their established box office formula.

Even if you don’t want to see a return of Maul, you could use the same essential spine as a structure. 

I would be very much onboard with that kind of movie as well. 

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY Official Logo Released Alongside A New Synopsis

Disney has released the logo for Solo: A Star Wars Story alongside an official synopsis which drops some major hints about what we should expect from this adventure revolving around the iconic hero. I have a bad feeling about thsi oine,  Beware of SPOILERS

6 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

If my jaw unhinged, I still couldn't yawn wide enough to fully express my disinterest.

But the synopsis mentioned a bunch of things I have heard of now clap please.

4 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

I’m excited about this movie if only to see Prome reach new heights of brilliant dismissal. :laugh:

I'm getting my popcorn early in anticipation of his lack of interest....:laugh:

Droids in the Star Wars universe.

This article is quite interesting, as it lists and explores several points that we’ve made on this thread in the past about treatment of droids in the galaxy of long ago and far away...

https://www.tor.com/2018/01/17/star-wars-the-rebellion-won-because-they-treated-their-droids-like-people/?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_term=tordotcom-tordotcomnewsletter&utm_content=na-readblog-blogpost&utm_campaign=tor

9 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

Droids in the Star Wars universe.

This article is quite interesting, as it lists and explores several points that we’ve made on this thread in the past about treatment of droids in the galaxy of long ago and far away...

https://www.tor.com/2018/01/17/star-wars-the-rebellion-won-because-they-treated-their-droids-like-people/?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_term=tordotcom-tordotcomnewsletter&utm_content=na-readblog-blogpost&utm_campaign=tor

Good article!

I’ve always wondered about the Empire/First Order’s treatment of droids versus the Rebellion/Resistance’s more humane treatment.   “Rebels” had a really interesting episode about an ‘evil’ Imperial droid who was reprogrammed; it almost reminded me of someone freed from a cult. 

I need to get my hands on Rebels S3...

Sign in to follow this