Sign in to follow this  
StillKirok

General Star Wars Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

At this point, I'd say the same thing. I just got off filming a huge movie. As soon as I'm done press touring for it, I might get 3 weeks off before I have to do ANOTHER megafilm and then junket for that.

Right now, I wouldn't say I was anxious to turn "looking forward to doing one more movie" into, "looking forward to four more."

Let her finish IX, let her breathe, and then see if she's into doing another run if the story's good.  

I too, am guessing it’s just the fatigue talking.  These big action movies must be tough as hell to make.  

1 minute ago, Robin Bland said:

It's not really news, is it?

I'd like to see her in other roles... but y'know, if she's back as Rey in 2026 or whenever and we're all still here, thumbs up. :thumbsup2:

Hope so! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

Very cool:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/amazing-fan-trailer-brings-the-star-wars-of-ralph-mcqua-1821256673

I gots me those Ralph McQuarrie books and they truly are lovely items.

That trailer is deeply cool!

I still have my wrinkled, somewhat aged portfolio of the original RMcQ Star Wars production paintings in my home library.   I’ve had those since 1978 (!) and I still love them.   The artwork inside the aged portfolio is otherwise pristine, save for a bit of yellowing around the edges.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hve such a low interest level in "Solo" it barely registers as a real movie to me in any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, kenman said:

I hve such a low interest level in "Solo" it barely registers as a real movie to me in any way. 

Because I've seen his arc. All of it Literally all of it already.

Self-absorbed rogue. Con man. Finds something that matters to him beyond that. Walks away from all of it to go back to square one. Dies.The end.

This is just asking me to watch one of his little rouge con jobs.

 

I don't wanna watch two hours of Harry Mudd running some scam in his own movie either.

There is literally no reason for this film to exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nombrecomun said:

Yes there is. To milk a franchise to death. :(

Well, no reason that matters to me because I have no ownership stake in Disney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

The bar is so lo(w)...:giggle:

1 hour ago, Nombrecomun said:

Yes there is. To milk a franchise to death. :(

Green milk?  :P

Sorry, I’m in one of my weird moods again...:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Because I've seen his arc. All of it Literally all of it already.

Self-absorbed rogue. Con man. Finds something that matters to him beyond that. Walks away from all of it to go back to square one. Dies.The end.

This is just asking me to watch one of his little rouge con jobs.

 

I don't wanna watch two hours of Harry Mudd running some scam in his own movie either.

There is literally no reason for this film to exist.

Pretty much.  I don't care about young Han Solo because Young Han Solo is in the original movie. I already got him. And lucky me I managed to see that version played by original actor Harrison Ford! But hey the movie is determined to give us something fresh because we will see stuff that was already referenced in previous movies!  Finally!  And we will learn how he got his name which is weird because I thought it was just his name. STAR WAR.  I will absolutely NOT see this film in the theater, if at all. I just can not muster anymore enthusiasm for Star Wars. I am pretty much at the "get me through episode IX already so I can move on with my life" stage of Star Wars fandom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no interest in the Han Solo movie.

That being said, I'll admit that the potential Kenobi movie would interest me, although I have no idea how they will approach it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What could they possibly do that would be of interest in a Solo movie? How he got the Falcon? How Chewie and he paired up? Jabba? I really don't care about any of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nombrecomun said:

What could they possibly do that would be of interest in a Solo movie? How he got the Falcon? How Chewie and he paired up? Jabba? I really don't care about any of it. 

Alternate title:

Ocean's Wookie.

 

That's all this thing could possibly be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

Alternate title:

Ocean's Wookie.

3d334f1b2fc6a5bb367f7ab018228ab6.gif

^
Disney’s response:  "Heeeeeyyyy, I think that could work..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

3d334f1b2fc6a5bb367f7ab018228ab6.gif

^
Disney’s response:  "Heeeeeyyyy, I think that could work..."

3% of the gross for my idea and I'm good. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prometheus59650 said:

3% of the gross for my idea and I'm good. :)

That could tide me over for the rest of my life, I think...:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

That could tide me over for the rest of my life, I think...:laugh:

Probably. :)

 

That whole Star Wars thing has a few more billion dollars in it, I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 1:21 PM, prometheus59650 said:

Alternate title:

Ocean's Wookie.

 

That's all this thing could possibly be.

That might be interesting. Han is part of this gang contracted to do something akin a bank heist. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they had that casino planet.

But then again Rogue One is basically this type of ensemble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

I am really looking forward to the Greedo movie. 

I’m Greedy for Greedo...:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People talk about a Kenobi movie and I have zero interest in that as well. I like Ewan MacGregor, he's a great actor who got underserviced in the role...but if he was off having adventures it just seems to diminish the idea that he was out in the desert living as a bit of a hermit, watching over Luke from afar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kenman said:

People talk about a Kenobi movie and I have zero interest in that as well. I like Ewan MacGregor, he's a great actor who got underserviced in the role...but if he was off having adventures it just seems to diminish the idea that he was out in the desert living as a bit of a hermit, watching over Luke from afar. 

Kind of my feeling on it; in a more straightforward way, I can’t see what sort of adventures he’d have as just a hermit in the desert.

However, there’s also the possibility that it could be a more introverted and personal SW movie; perhaps it will chronicle his force-communing across time and space, with Yoda and other beings  (maybe even Qui Gon Jinn?).  It may not be ‘adventure’ in the traditional Star Wars-ian sense, but if done well, it could be interesting.  

If done with care, it could be more of a spirit-quest kind of movie than a space movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Kind of my feeling on it; in a more straightforward way, I can’t see what sort of adventures he’d have as just a hermit in the desert.

However, there’s also the possibility that it could be a more introverted and personal SW movie; perhaps it will chronicle his force-communing across time and space, with Yoda and other beings  (maybe even Qui Gon Jinn?).  It may not be ‘adventure’ in the traditional Star Wars-ian sense, but if done well, it could be interesting.  

If done with care, it could be more of a spirit-quest kind of movie than a space movie. 

I love your idea but....it's Disney. We certainly ain't getting something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nombrecomun said:

Greedo was Han's former co-pilot who goes into throes of angst as he gets dumped for Chewie. 

Love, Actually 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this