dxdy

Eutreka - Going through Enterprise, Detail by Detail

3 posts in this topic

Hey there,

I'm looking for feedback on my current project, http://eutreka.com/, a blog that goes through Star Trek (currently Enterprise) episode by episode.

Approach
What I'm trying to do is going through the episodes at great detail (thus only one a week) and trying to view it from multiple angles. There are many people already who have endeavoured to determine which episodes are good, and which are bad, and when it comes to entertaining people I certainly can't compete with giants like Mission Log or Trekspertise. So I won't try that.
Instead, I'll try to point out details and development in the way that only writing allows. So far, that has resulted in two pieces:
Looking at how the first ten minutes of Enterprise subtly establish it as Star Trek
Looking at the initial characterization of Hoshi, Reed, Phlox and Travis

I think those give a good idea at what I'm attempting. While I can hardly endeavour to always generate completely original observations after decades of Star Trek, it's the presentation of different aspects in a coherent fashion that I think a blog is quite suitable for.

All feeedback is appreciated :)

dxdy, your inquiry sounds very interesting and may draw better response in the Enterprise forum.  I'm going to move your thread there.  As a huge fan of that particular show, I will definitely review what you have done and comment on it but it may take me a couple of days.  BTW, your username makes me nervous as higher math was the bane of my engineering school existence.  You're forgiven though.  ;-)

dxdy, your inquiry sounds very interesting and may draw better response in the Enterprise forum.  I'm going to move your thread there.  As a huge fan of that particular show, I will definitely review what you have done and comment on it but it may take me a couple of days.  BTW, your username makes me nervous as higher math was the bane of my engineering school existence.  You're forgiven though.  ;-)

Thanks for moving it around. I'm quite new to this forum, so I didn't know where to post it and thought I'd put it into the Holodeck so that it couldn't be misunderstood as spamming into a theme forum.

Believe it or not, I didn't notice the connection to the derivative when I chose the nickname. It was only when peole pointed it out that it hit me.