Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ishimura

What podcasts do you listen to?

10 posts in this topic

For those of you that listen to podcasts, which ones do you listen to? I have several favorites and of course I listen to Trek FM. It's so good and entertaining and there are so many shows on Trek FM. I listen to The Orb; Standard Orbit; Mission Log, etc. They are so good! I also listen to James Bond Radio and The NoSleep Podcast. They are all great programs to listen to on the commute to work and school. This isn't a topic meant to advertise any of the podcasts, I'm just curious to know which ones you guys listen to. Pleas share and I'd love to expand my podcasts! Thank you all!

Edited by Ishimura

I listen to This American Life fairly regularly, which is an excellent show with stories, journalism, humor, drama...its got it all and has been running since 1995 so there is always an episode to find and listen to on any subject really (for the most part).  I also occasionally enjoy WTF with Marc Maron or other NPR shows like Wait Wait Don't Tell Me or Car Talk. But it really just depends on my mood on for my drive to work. Sometimes it's a podcast, or a Doctor Who Audio Drama from Big Finish...other times I just want music...and there have been times where I just drive with no noise. 

I listen to This American Life fairly regularly, which is an excellent show with stories, journalism, humor, drama...its got it all and has been running since 1995 so there is always an episode to find and listen to on any subject really (for the most part).  I also occasionally enjoy WTF with Marc Maron or other NPR shows like Wait Wait Don't Tell Me or Car Talk. But it really just depends on my mood on for my drive to work. Sometimes it's a podcast, or a Doctor Who Audio Drama from Big Finish...other times I just want music...and there have been times where I just drive with no noise. 

I listen to NPR podcasts, too; I have the NPR app on my phone.  

Nice! Thanks for sharing! Yes, there are times I just drive without any noise in the car at all. Sometimes quiet is a good thing. Unless of course you get off work and have to take the freeway home and need to stay awake, lol.

Nice! Thanks for sharing! Yes, there are times I just drive without any noise in the car at all. Sometimes quiet is a good thing. Unless of course you get off work and have to take the freeway home and need to stay awake, lol.

I sometimes like the quiet drive because I happen to work in a job with sometimes too much audio.visual stimulation.

I listen to podcasts from all over the spectrum, but I favor audio dramas:

Star Trek

Star Trek: Outpost

Star Trek: The Lost Frontier

Improvised Star Trek

Star Trek: Excelsior

Star Trek: Diplomatic Relations

Star Trek: The Continuing Mission

Henglaar, M.D.

Star Trek: Shadows of Tyranny

Doctor Who

Chronicles of the War Doctor

Doctor Who: The Missing Adventures

Doctor Who: Dark Journey

Doctor Who Fan Audio Adventures

The Doctor Who Fan Audio Dramas

Doctor Who (from Illusionist Productions)

Star Wars

HoloNet Audio Dramas

Star Wars: Marvels

Horror

Knifepoint Horror

Nightmare Magazine

ShadowCast Audio Anthology

Anthologies

Variant Frequencies

Seminar

Clarkesworld

Comedy

Hello, from the Magic Tavern

Billy West Podcast

Destination

It's About Time

The Thrilling Adventure Hour

Spontaneation with Paul F. Tompkins

Real Life

This American Life

Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!

Intelligence Squared U.S.

Miscellaneous

Our Fair City

Welcome to Nightvale

Scott Sigler GFL books

Lore

Batman: The Long Halloween

X-Men: The Audio Drama

For Star Trek, I listen to Treknologic.

For Babylon 5, I listen to the archives of "The Babylon Podcast".

That's about all the podcasts I listen to. I listen to NPR live on the Radio. The only channel in the world with true unbaised news.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
more info

I listen to podcasts from all over the spectrum, but I favor audio dramas:

Star Trek

Star Trek: Outpost

Star Trek: The Lost Frontier

Improvised Star Trek

Star Trek: Excelsior

Star Trek: Diplomatic Relations

Star Trek: The Continuing Mission

Henglaar, M.D.

Star Trek: Shadows of Tyranny

Doctor Who

Chronicles of the War Doctor

Doctor Who: The Missing Adventures

Doctor Who: Dark Journey

Doctor Who Fan Audio Adventures

The Doctor Who Fan Audio Dramas

Doctor Who (from Illusionist Productions)

Star Wars

HoloNet Audio Dramas

Star Wars: Marvels

Horror

Knifepoint Horror

Nightmare Magazine

ShadowCast Audio Anthology

Anthologies

Variant Frequencies

Seminar

Clarkesworld

Comedy

Hello, from the Magic Tavern

Billy West Podcast

Destination

It's About Time

The Thrilling Adventure Hour

Spontaneation with Paul F. Tompkins

Real Life

This American Life

Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!

Intelligence Squared U.S.

Miscellaneous

Our Fair City

Welcome to Nightvale

Scott Sigler GFL books

Lore

Batman: The Long Halloween

X-Men: The Audio Drama

How, cool! Thank you so much for your input! i need to check these out! 

I'm glad I could help.  Here are a few additional suggestions:

Dramatic

Tanis - About a reporter searching for the truth behind a mythical place called Tanis and the conspiracy surrounding it.

The Message - A short series about an alien message no one has been able to decode, which kills whomever listens to it.

Limetown - About a government research facility/town where all residents mysteriously disappeared overnight, it centers around a reporter searching for the truth.

Within the Wires (done by one of the creators of Welcome to Night Vale) - Takes place in a dystopian future, in the form of a series of...unique...relaxation tapes.

Comedy

Rude Alchemy - Comedy podcast done as a series of 4-5 episode "seasons" set in fantastical worlds or alternate realities.

I just started listening to a really great podcast I recommend to anyone who likes a good historical ghost story...or just spooky stories based on fact.  It is called "Lore" and it very easily digestible, as episodes are only about 20-25 minutes long. I ran through the whole 39-40 episode run in like a week or two.  Just really great tales about creepy things that have happened in history, and the legends and folklore they inspired.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0