priell3

New Star Trek TV Series Being Developed

Sim   

Will Viacom order that the two have some sort of stylistic continuity? Or will the TV show just strike out in its own direction? I actually do hope for the latter.

This is very much my hope, too.

I really don't need a poor man's NuTrek movie as a tv series.

The NuTrek movies IMO are fun, but they aren't entirely satisfying (neither were the old big screen ST movies), compared to the tv series'. They're not as "deep" (for the lack of a better word) as the tv series' were, most of the time. But NuTrek can make up for the lack of depth with all the good qualities of popcorn cinema.

A tv series that's just as much lacking depth as the NuTrek movies, and has to water down the strengthes of popcorn cinema, simply because tv doesn't have the necessary budget, would be lose-lose.

Guys, what about this? "Star Trek Constelation" ? 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4442738/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_27

What's that? It this gonna be the name of the new show? Or just another fan film? If it is the show, that kinda disppoints me. You can see the letters are in TOS style, what means NO future show, no continuation for the universe after Nemesis, just more TOS stuff. 

EDIT: Ok, I just realized it's a fan film, false alarm.

Edited by Garak the spy

Guys, what about this? "Star Trek Constelation" ? 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4442738/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_27

What's that? It this gonna be the name of the new show? Or just another fan film? If it is the show, that kinda disppoints me. You can see the letters are in TOS style, what means NO future show, no continuation for the universe after Nemesis, just more TOS stuff. 

It's a fan thing.

https://www.facebook.com/startrekconstellation/

Thats the one thing that WILL put me off.....TOS has had it's day.....twice. The franchise needs to move forward, not backwards.

^

Very much this.  

I agree - it's got to be something original.  Enough derivatives - stay true to the core of the ST universe, but don't become slaves to future canon or the show's dead on arrival...

seane   

From here -->

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/13/the-new-star-trek-tv-show-will-be-set-before-the-next-generation

I have heard some intriguing rumors about the new Star Trek TV show that will be coming to CBS All Access next year under the stewardship of Bryan Fuller: it won't be set in the JJ Abrams reboot universe. The new show will be set in the original, classic continuity.

But when? Will it be a prequel, like Enterprise? Or will it be the next generation for The Next Generation? Neither, I've heard. The show will be set some time after the events of Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, so between the original series and The Next Generation

I love this. For my money the original series movie uniforms are just the best uniforms, and I would love a TV series with that look. I think there's a rich vein of stories to be mined between the years of the swashbuckling OG crew and the more reserved TNG crew. The only bummer is that we won't be able to have cameos from some of the original crew, as most of them are dead (and Captain Kirk will have already disappeared into the Nexus by the time this show is set, no matter when it's set - he fell into the Nexus the same year as the events of The Undiscovered Country!).

I've also heard the show, which will be heavily serialized, will not be set on an Enterprise, although that feels like a no-brainer. One last rumble I heard, which I could not get second sourced at this time, so consider this a wild rumor: while the Khitomer Conference will have paved the way for Klingons and humans to find peace, Fuller has a plan as to how he can still feature villainous Klingons, something we haven't seen in decades!

This show is shaping up to be awesome, and I'll happily plunk down a subscription fee for it.

UPDATE! A trusted source has chimed in and told me that it looks like the show will be a seasonal anthology, which means the first season will be set post-Undiscovered Country. After that the entire Star Trek universe is potentially open. So those of you hoping for a post-Dominion War show... don't give up hope. That could come some day.

Edited by seane

kenman   

From here -->

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/13/the-new-star-trek-tv-show-will-be-set-before-the-next-generation

I have heard some intriguing rumors about the new Star Trek TV show that will be coming to CBS All Access next year under the stewardship of Bryan Fuller: it won't be set in the JJ Abrams reboot universe. The new show will be set in the original, classic continuity.

But when? Will it be a prequel, like Enterprise? Or will it be the next generation for The Next Generation? Neither, I've heard. The show will be set some time after the events of Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, so between the original series and The Next Generation

I love this. For my money the original series movie uniforms are just the best uniforms, and I would love a TV series with that look. I think there's a rich vein of stories to be mined between the years of the swashbuckling OG crew and the more reserved TNG crew. The only bummer is that we won't be able to have cameos from some of the original crew, as most of them are dead (and Captain Kirk will have already disappeared into the Nexus by the time this show is set, no matter when it's set - he fell into the Nexus the same year as the events of The Undiscovered Country!).

I've also heard the show, which will be heavily serialized, will not be set on an Enterprise, although that feels like a no-brainer. One last rumble I heard, which I could not get second sourced at this time, so consider this a wild rumor: while the Khitomer Conference will have paved the way for Klingons and humans to find peace, Fuller has a plan as to how he can still feature villainous Klingons, something we haven't seen in decades!

This show is shaping up to be awesome, and I'll happily plunk down a subscription fee for it.

UPDATE! A trusted source has chimed in and told me that it looks like the show will be a seasonal anthology, which means the first season will be set post-Undiscovered Country. After that the entire Star Trek universe is potentially open. So those of you hoping for a post-Dominion War show... don't give up hope. That could come some day.

we have a whole thread on this in the Star Trek (2017) section. 

I read somewhere that the new Star Trek TV series "Discovery" will be about the Star Trek Universe, set 10 years before Original Star Trek Series.

I'm not sure but I heard one rumour that an episode will be about the real origins of the Tribbles.Apparently they were a genetic experiment gone wrong.  The race known as the Pakleds(I prefer Pakloids) wanted to created a slave race by genetically manipulating Chia Pets, to serve and conquer the galaxy.

But something dreadfully awful went out of hand and the Chibbles(original name) turned on theiroverlord masters and forced the Pakleds(Pakloids) to flee their own planet.  This is why the Pakleds(Pakloids)became known as the space wanderers(or hobos) of the galaxy.

P.s.Can a Moderator fix my banners pls?

Edited by Brockenflabel

Chia pets? Awesome.

No really, is this a Discovery thread or a fan thread. It is confusing.

It is however not as confusing as the strange foreign language (possibly German) hashtag at the end which I will not click on.

Constellation is a fan film. Actually there are at least two of those.

Edited by Chimera82405