Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richpit

Supergirl?

463 posts in this topic

Did anyone watch this new show?  

I watched it and it was fine.  Some cliche characters and questionable special effects, but watchable, IMO.  

What did you all think? 

Haven't watched it yet, but I'll certainly give it a look. 

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

It's not bad. It's pretty good, but the acting is uneven since some seem to be playing it real and others are playing it a little too much like a comic book tv show.

It's not bad. It's pretty good, but the acting is uneven since some seem to be playing it real and others are playing it a little too much like a comic book tv show.

Think you'll stick with it, based on the first episode? Maybe that's a problem they'll iron out over the following weeks...

I'll give it another week or two to see if it starts to even out.

Got it on my DVR; plan to watch it tomorrow night (w. popcorn).  

The previews do look excellent, I must say.

Did anyone watch this new show?  

I watched it and it was fine.  Some cliche characters and questionable special effects, but watchable, IMO.  

What did you all think? 

Oh, and welcome aboard richpit!

Nice to have you with us; post often and prosper.... 

61cf88f2.jpg

PS:  As a fan of TAS, I love your avatar.  :thumbup:

Spoilers ok? Leaving a bunch of spaces in case it isn't. 

I just watched it and I'm underwhelmed. I expected more. I'll try to do some pros and cons. 

Things I liked:

1. Melissa Benoist: I like that she's pretty but not 'too pretty' if that makes sense. Smalville's version with Laura Vandervoot looks like the hot high school tramp you want to boink. Melissa is beautiful but not distracting or cheap-looking. 

2. The costume look: I think it was great that they stuck with the newer Superman look. It builds in a loose connection between the show and the larger DC movies. 

3. The two cameos: I won't mention much just in case. 

Things I didn't like:

1. Too much: There's so much happening in an hour it's almost a trainwreck for me. They had enough material to stretch out at least half a season. I wish they could have waited until much later to develop and reveal the "others". 

2. The intro: 15 minutes of exposition was too much. I wish they could have come up with a better way to introduce the characters. It's too convoluted for my tastes. 

3. High School teenage girl drama: I'm not sure what the deal is but it seems like when we have a movie or series with leading females we devolve into typical dramatic elements that we see in cliched American movies: the bitchy boss, the stressed relationship with another female, hot guys, surrounding the clueless girl, etc...which leads to...

4. Am I watching a tv show or a GQ commercial? Seriously, all these pretty people with very tight clothing. 

5. Worse than Batman: does Kara have to reveal her identity to everyone??? Why bother with a secret identity? Which leads me to think why was she wearing glasses to begin with? Was she wearing glasses before the plane incident? Someone will have to correct me. 

Well, I think it's clear to everyone reading that I didn't care for this which is too bad. I wished they could have built this within the CW world so that Supergirl could mingle with Green Arrow and The Flash. Those shows aren't perfect but those folks have a better formula going on. 

I also have to remind myself that this is the first ep. I'm sure it can course correct but I'm not sure I'll be back to watch another ep. 

She was not wearing the glasses with the plane.

The toughest thing for a writer to do is to take on a topic that I like a lot, with me going into it with very high expectations, and to deliver.  It's actually easier when I don't like the writing team, and expect the material to suck.  I actually think my low expectations for BvS will make me like the movie more than I would if I actually thought they could pull it off.

With Supergirl, I had the high expectations for various reasons, including the success they have had with Arrow and the Flash.

They delivered.

I think people need to lighten up a bit.  This is a comic book TV show.  This is what superheroes are supposed to be like, at least for me.

The world of Superman is NOT dark and brooding.  These are characters that are legitimately here to help people, and care about people.  The people in response, care about them.

I really like Melissa Benoist in the role.  Granted, I also liked her on Glee, but I think she is very well cast.

They set up a lot of stuff for the upcoming season.  It'll be interesting to see Kara learn to be a hero.  She's getting by because of how naturally powerful she is, but she needs to learn how to fight properly, because he untrained style will hurt her if she runs into a villain that is powerful enough to hurt her.

And that may be the big flaw of the series--Superman.

It's clear that Superman has been active for a long time now.  He's probably 30 something years old.  He's in his prime.

I realize that in the real world, they don't have the rights to use Superman in a major way.  If you notice, they don't even say the word "Superman."  They call him Kal-El, "your cousin," or "him." 

But forget that in the moment.  Within the confines of this universe, Superman exists, and doesn't know that he isn't legally allowed to be a regular on this show.

What I want to know is, what is going on in Metropolis that would keep Superman away from Kara?  It sure seems like the Superman in this world is right.  He's not some dark, brooding, not smiling Harry Cavill, and he's not super wimpy Brandon Routh.  He's probably something like the Superman from the cartoon.  He would care about Kara, and the show establishes that.

So now that Kara has decided to be a hero, he would spend time with her.  He certainly would train her, and make sure she knows what she's doing. 

Most important, if Kara knows that the Kryptonian prison came through, then Superman would know as well. 

When Vartox was on the loose, why isn't Clark there to handle this problem?  Superman is the type that would be the first to take on the dangerous villain.  He would not let an untrained Kara put her life on the line so soon in her career.

What is going on in Metropolis that is so big that Clark was not involved?  And why wouldn't he be mentoring Kara?

I know the real world answer, but I'd love to see an in show answer.

I'm on the fence on it.  It was not bad.  Not like "Gotham" where they take so many creative liberties it isn't even recognizable anymore as the source material.  "Gotham" is this decades "Smallville" only worse, lol.  (I loved "Smallville" but it was flawed.)

That said it was a bit too light for me.  Arrow is the dark show, Flash is the light show - and Supergirl felt even fluffier than that.  And I'm just not keen on that kind of "old fashion" fluff.  The level of lightness in Flash is as much as I can stomach and enjoy at the same time.  So I hope Supergirl gets a bit more serious, as today's audiences might enjoy it for a while, but they won't stick with it long term, I don't think.

It has the makings of a good show.  I'll keep watching.  I'm just not sold - yet.

Also, the fact that it seems Clark/Supes just plopped his cousin down with the Danvers and hasn't bothered doing much else... yeah, not sitting right.  They should be closer.  If they don't want to have Superman be "on" the show, they could at least do occasional phone calls or e-mails or something, to show he's been involved in her life and just isn't there day-to-day one-on-one.

Edited by Frontier

This is nothing like Gotham.  This has the main character in her prime.

Gotham season 2 has been much better by the way.

But I do agree that Clark and Kara should be MUCH closer.

I have faith in this writing team to get it right.  I definitely enjoyed the pilot.  Supergirl is and will always be, an extension of Superman, and I feel that this show should have the same tone.  Superman is lighter, though not so light that there can't be conflict.  I think Supergirl hit that tone on the head, except we are going to have far too serious villains to have a major problem with too light.

Unrelated, I just want to add that while this isn't the fault of the show, I find it annoying that there are people calling it some sort of feminist show.

Why does anything with a woman lead require it to be some sort of feminist show?  It isn't.  It's a superhero show where the lead character just happens to be a woman.

Edited by StillKirok

First, welcome aboard richpit.  This is a good site.  We argue sometimes and have very different views on scifi and real world but I feel we all respect (tolerate?) each other.

Some possible spoilers below but if you have read comments to this point nothing earth shaking.

I enjoyed the show.  I for one like the light touch.  And I think Supergirl's lack of training/disguise was adequately explained.  (Didn't have a mission to protect her cousin due to being caught in the Phantom Zone, trying to blend in, her adopted sister encouraging her to not reveal herself) and the lack of Superman's involvement. (He wanted her to find her own way and make her own choices like he had.)

NOW the question will be how do they handle that cousin relationship?  I can't see Supes abandoning his untrained cousin now that she has made her choice.  Does that involve him being there to train her - not necessarily.  After all, in the movies Superman was trained by his Kryptonian father via memory crystals in the Fortress of Solitude.  Maybe some sort of trainer he sends to her to help.  Or maybe that is the role of the African-American reporter (can't remember the character's name).

Anyway, I am more than willing to give it an entire season.  Might be heresy to some here but I enjoyed it much more than the pilots for DS9 or nuBSG.

As to the glasses, she was wearing them from the beginning of the show but not during the plane rescue.

Edited by kc1966

I totally get WHY she is untrained.  She was a kid when she left Krypton, and though it's clear Superman's highest hopes that Supergirl would turn out to be someone to follow in his footsteps would be achieved, he didn't want to push it. 

That's very Superman.

However, Superman is not just A hero, he's THE hero, and where I have an issue is that I find it hard to believe that when Vartox attacked Supergirl the first time, he wouldn't learn of it and want to take on Vartox himself.  A being like that would absolutely get Superman's attention.

Superman is the type of guy that would lay down his life to protect Kara, to the point that it would eventually piss her off, like any kid sister or brother being over protected.  She would likely eventually win his trust, but in a situation like that, where she is just starting out, it doesn't seem likely that he wouldn't get in that battle.

We're not talking a cat in a tree.  This is a villain capable of drawing a Kryptonian's blood.

As for Superman's training, yes, in the movies, he was taught by Jor-El, but that was atypical in the story.  A lot of what he learned was through experience.

In the comics, at least in one version, Kara actually spent time training with the Amazons (Wonder Woman & her people).

Even though Zack Snyder doesn't seem to understand this, being a superhero is more than just stopping the bad guys.  It's about protecting the people. 

For example, if you're an invulnerable Kryptonian, and someone fires a rocket launcher at you, you will have the speed to dodge it, but if dodging it means the missile hits a building and causes damage to people or property, you let the thing hit you so it doesn't do harm to others.

Not to mention, if you're a powerful Kryptonian, you can shake someone's hand and break it, so if you find yourself fighting a human bank robber, it's probably best that you know exactly how to pull your punches so that you only stop him, and don't kill him.

Logically, once Kara decided on her own to be a hero, I see Superman taking a much more active interest in her pursuits.  Yes, Jimmy Olsen being sent there by him is a nice touch, but he would do more.  Kara isn't only from his home planet or a colleague--Kara is his only living relative.  Her existence is probably the answer to his prayers and he would be VERY close to her.

And no, it's not heresy to like this pilot more than other shows. 

I liked it, has potential. 

One thing I didn't like was the characterization of Cat. While I love Calista Flockhart (loved Ally McBeal), in this day and age big bosses like her just aren't so overtly driven and over the top like that. Unless they tone her down I can see this getting old really quick.

Oh, is she a different take on Tracy Scroggins Cat character on Lois and Clark?

Yes.  Same character, different take.  Hank Henshaw is also a character from Superman, though so far, he is much different.

Just saw it tonight.   I enjoyed it.  The tone was much more fun and buoyant.  So ironic that Callista Flockhart is playing Melissa Benoist's boss; Benoist reminded me very much of Flockhart when she played Ally McBeal about 20 years ago (!).  But I digress; moving on....

It has the makings of a good show.  I'll keep watching.  I'm just not sold - yet.

Funny; my wife said the exact same thing about it.  My opinion was a bit more charitable (I actually enjoyed it) but I admit it's not perfect.   Anyway...

******* SPOILERS!!! ********

Things I liked about Supergirl's pilot:

*  The tone.  Buoyant and fun.  More "Lois & Clark" than "Man of Steel" and for a television show trying appealing to broad demographics, that is smart.  Some people called L&C "Moonlighting with superpowers"; I would almost label this one "Ally McBeal with superpowers."  

* Earnestness.   This pilot had that quality in droves; it really wanted to entertain, and I think it more or less succeeded, despite a few issues (which I'll get to in a bit).  In that regard, it almost reminded me of the '78 Superman movie, though it was far less epic (which is OK for a TV series' scale).

*  Melissa Benoist (Kara/Supergirl).   Sweet, engaging, charismatic.  She works well in the role.   Immediately sympathetic and likable.  Somewhat less snarky than say, Buffy Summers, but this is a very different kind of show (even as a Buffy fan, I'm not complaining...).

* Has a bit of a Marvel touch about it (that's a compliment).  If I didn't know better, I'd almost swear it wasn't DC....

* Dean Cain (Superman of "Lois & Clark") and Helen Slater (1984's "Supergirl") as Kara's adoptive earth parents.   Yes, I see what you did there... nice. ;)

* Loved the villain setup with the escaped Phantom Zone prison colony "Fort Rozz"; it immediately sets the bar for lots of super powered villainy right out of the box.  It wouldn't be very fun to watch Supergirl stopping runaway car chases or bank robbers every week.   This premise immediately serves to give Kara a variety of new, and potentially more challenging foes every week.   Nice...

* James Olson (Mechad Brooks).  Not the nerdy kid anymore; glad to see he's grown since his Metropolis days.   Though I'd almost say he was a bit too cool...

*  Also enjoyed that they picked up an interesting point from "Man Of Steel" (and the Batman v. Superman movie, apparently); that not everyone would welcome all-powerful aliens (even nice ones) with open arms and minds.  It's very natural that the military and many in the general public would be highly distrustful.   Glad they addressed this...

*  Decent action for a TV budget.  The final confrontation with the villain with the bisected truck was pretty cool.  The plane save in the first act was kind of neat, too (reminded me of both Superman '78 and the single best sequence of 2006's Superman Returns).   A cool homage to the best of the Superman movies...

*  Glad the pilot didn't waste too much time with her origin story; that was a surprisingly small part of the pilot and I was grateful.

*  Liked the fact that Kara is still 'learning on the job' exactly how to be a superhero; it enables the audience to empathize a bit with her struggles than if she were just perfect the moment she put on the cape.   I like a less-than-perfect superhero who still makes mistakes now and then.  Demigods are kind of boring; heroes who struggle are not...

*  Great pacing.   Never a dull moment.   That hour just (excuse the pun) flew by.... :superman: :giggle:

Things I wasn't so crazy about:

*  Callista Flockhart as Cat Grant.  She was way too "Devil Wears Prada" at times; the 'super-bitch, tiger woman' boss is fast becoming a cliche in 21st century movies.  I was even a bit surprised to see it in last summer's "Trainwreck."  It's so... 2007.   Kind of ironic that Flockhart plays Kara's boss, since Benoist reminds me very much of a younger Flockhart (minus about 40% of Ally McBeal's neuroses).

*  Kara's secret identity; WORST KEPT SECRET EVER.  Jeezus, one pilot in and no less than a squad of people know her secret identity.   Why even bother to wear the glasses, for chrissakes?  It could've been just her, her sister Alex's and Jimmy's secret (that's already enough people), but did she have to tell Winn as well?  Why?  Just to have someone to boast to?  Really?  This is a guy she just turned down for a date.... do you really think it's smart to assume that he'd be an instant ally?  He might even have an axe to grind someday... just saying.

*  I know this is a minor nit, but do we really assume she's wearing a cape, skirt AND boots under a pair of tight pants and a form-fitting shirt?  I realize this is a problem with all the Superman incarnations, but you'd think by now they'd come up with a more clever way to get her costume changes out of the way without having her wear all that (cape and miniskirt) under form-fitting clothes (!?).   Think I watch too much Project Runway...:P

*  A few too many 'pretty people' in the cast; one or two ordinary-looking folks would've been nice.  Couldn't her adoptive parents NOT have been played by an ex-Superman and and ex-Supergirl?  I mean really.  I liked the stunt-casting, but on second thought it was a bit of a demerit as well.   This cast doesn't need racial diversity so much as looks-diversity.  

But otherwise?  It was an hour well spent (well, 43 min. skipping commercials...).  I'm looking forward to the next episode.   As a former Lois & Clark fan, it's kind of nice to see a superhero show that isn't always so 'sturm und drang' all of the time.  

If done well, Supergirl can be occasionally serious without descending into obnoxious, '60s Batman-style camp either.  But that also doesn't mean they shouldn't have ANY fun with it.  If the pilot's tone is an indicator of the series?  It could work.   Personally I think they could tone down Cat and her "Devil Wears Prada" shenanigans a bit, and work on Kara & her sister's agency working together a bit more.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that observed everyone was this hyper pretty person. It takes me right out of the show when I see something that looks like a modeling show. Yes, it would be great to see diversity. 

Speaking of, cool that James 'Jimmy' Olsen is a black guy but they could have made him a nerdy black guy. Again, not someone right out of GQ. As you say, too cool. 

I never watched Ally McBeal. Not my type of show but I can see the same type of set up with the office conversations. It's quite reminiscent with the added role reversal for Flockhart. I can see that being fun for fans of that show. For the rest, I think the fun part of that lasted 2 seconds. It's just not a character(or characterization) that sits well with me but I'm thinking since she's a big name in tv then the character may be a recurrent one. Not looking forward to those set pieces. 

I actually liked Ally McBeal a lot, so nothing wrong with the comparison.  That show was obviously a lot quirkier, and I think any impressions like that will likely change as Supergirl is not much like Ally McBeal.

I don't know if I would consider it Marvel-like, though yes, that is a compliment.  I think what we are seeing is DC as it is supposed to be seen.  We've talked in the other thread a lot about tone.  From that six minute video over the summer, I had hoped and believed that the tone would be right.  This is the tone that Superman should have.  Not some dark, dank, brooding world that Snyder thinks it should be.

Supergirl, but extension, should have the same tone.  Notice that while light, the show isn't campy.  There are real threats.

When Supergirl is fighting, you are rooting for her.  She just has a level of goodness in her, and it comes out.

Also enjoyed that they picked up an interesting point from "Man Of Steel" (and the Batman v. Superman movie, apparently); that not everyone would welcome all-powerful aliens (even nice ones) with open arms and minds.  It's very natural that the military and many in the general public would be highly distrustful.   Glad they addressed this...

Yes, and the Justice League cartoon did a whole arc on this before MOS.  The way they did this was fine.  But at the same time, the world knows Superman is such a major hero and they DO trust him.  That doesn't mean caution shouldn't be taken.

The plane save is also how the comics in the modern era introduced Superman.

When Jimmy made the comment about how Superman did that too, it was perfect.

Yes, and the Justice League cartoon did a whole arc on this before MOS.  The way they did this was fine.  But at the same time, the world knows Superman is such a major hero and they DO trust him.  That doesn't mean caution shouldn't be taken.

The world may eventually come to trust Superman and Supergirl, but that doesn't mean that all survivors of the Kryptonian race (or other superpowered aliens) should be welcomed with open arms.   If the Pope landed on an alien planet, it wouldn't be accurate for that world's inhabitants to assume all Earth people are just like him.   In fact, he would be an atypical example.  

In Superman, they've already seen the evil Kryptonians from the Phantom Zone and it's safe to say they were a handful.  Now in Supergirl, we have basically a crashed prison ship; the Fort Rozz (so WTF is up with the lax security of the Kryptonians??  Do their jail cells come with screen doors and keys under the mat?  Just saying...).

So I think it is wise for Earth people to have a cynical and distrusting nature regarding super-powered aliens who drop in from the sky both unannounced and uninvited (as they say, uninvited and unexpected usually means unwelcome).  

And in Darwinian terms, welcoming advanced invaders usually doesn't end well for the less-developed people.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that observed everyone was this hyper pretty person. It takes me right out of the show when I see something that looks like a modeling show. Yes, it would be great to see diversity. 

Speaking of, cool that James 'Jimmy' Olsen is a black guy but they could have made him a nerdy black guy. Again, not someone right out of GQ. As you say, too cool. 

I never watched Ally McBeal. Not my type of show but I can see the same type of set up with the office conversations. It's quite reminiscent with the added role reversal for Flockhart. I can see that being fun for fans of that show. For the rest, I think the fun part of that lasted 2 seconds. It's just not a character(or characterization) that sits well with me but I'm thinking since she's a big name in tv then the character may be a recurrent one. Not looking forward to those set pieces. 

My sister used to love AMcB, and so whenever I'd visit her I'd watch over her shoulder; witty show.  And Benoist reminds me a LOT of a younger Callista Flockhart; to the point where I'm almost guessing the producers were looking for a young Flockhart-type when casting.  But yes, the idea of Flockhart playing the bitchy boss (stereotypically so) to a younger version of herself was a onetime gimmick that worked elicits a chuckle or two (for AMcB fans, anyway) but I hope they keep the office politics stuff to a minimum.    Hell, I wouldn't mind it if down the road, Supergirl up and quits her current job to work for the X-Files-ish guys full time.

And yes, the preponderance of beautiful (mostly white) people was actually a bit jarring.   The only Middle Eastern guy in the cast (Taran Fahir; ST09's Captain Robau) is automatically a bad guy.  Granted, he was playing an alien, but still... kind of sucks.   And the formerly geeky Jimmy Olson now looks like he's late for his Playgirl photoshoot.  Was there some reason he couldn't be black and nerdy? 

The world may eventually come to trust Superman and Supergirl, but that doesn't mean that all survivors of the Kryptonian race (or other superpowered aliens) should be welcomed with open arms.   If the Pope landed on an alien planet, it wouldn't be accurate for that world's inhabitants to assume all Earth people are just like him.

Absolutely true.  The race or powers don't make the hero.  The hero makes the hero.  Superman is representative of HUMANITY at its finest.  He's a man who got incredibly lucky twice as a baby.  He was born into the family of his planet's greatest scientist, who devised a way to save his life.  And when he lands on a planet of 6 billion people, he is found by two people that or so ridiculously good that they raise him into the hero that he became.  It's amazing.

I'm certainly not suggesting that all aliens or super powered beings would be good.  Organizations like Henshaw's (even though he's the wrong guy to lead), would absolutely be necessary in a world like that.  Metahumans are all over the place and it sure seems like half of them are evil.  

The key though is that those who are good, are good and should be treated that way. 

I don't know if in THIS version, the Kryptonian criminals emerged.  In fact, I think that may be part of this show.  But in this Earth, Superman is well known and has done all his Superman things, which is why he would be as loved as he is.  Supergirl would have his endorsement as well, so the world would trust her based on Superman's feelings.

I think the evil Kryptonians would not get there. 

In the cartoon, there was an evil Kryptonian that was released, and she was popular at first, but she quickly couldn't deal with Superman's ways.  But the second she crossed the line, the world saw Superman opposing her instantly, so it didn't affect him.

I'm certainly not suggesting that all aliens or super powered beings would be good.  Organizations like Henshaw's (even though he's the wrong guy to lead), would absolutely be necessary in a world like that.  Metahumans are all over the place and it sure seems like half of them are evil.  

More than half; a whole prison ship full of them (!).   It's like Alcatraz Island, c. 1958, crash-landing on Vulcan as our first ambassadors to them.   Vulcans would assume the entire planet Earth was a cesspool. 

And again, in Darwinian terms?  A less advanced race/species welcoming a superior one into its midst usually doesn't end well for the lesser beings...  

Well, I'm assuming that this world will eventually have other heroes as well. :D

In the DC world, there are MANY metahuman heroes.  Many villains as well.  So the world would realize that like humans, some are good, some are bad, and that's universal.  It just so happens that Superman and Supergirl are about as good as it gets, and the world would be smart enough to tell the difference.

I'm wondering how this will connect to Flash/Arrow.  I'm guessing that Supergirl takes place on another Earth but in the same multiverse.

But I'm hoping it takes place on the same Earth.  More fun that way.  Either way, a crossover is possible if they decide to do it.

But I'm hoping it takes place on the same Earth.  More fun that way.  Either way, a crossover is possible if they decide to do it.

If I were one of TPTB for "Supergirl" I would hold off on any and all crossovers until the second season or so; this show has to establish itself firmly first, and then if it gains the necessary momentum and confidence?  They can do cameos from other superheroes.  But you don't want to bring in the three-ring circus too early... 

Agreed.  I wouldn't do it this season either.  It worked with Flash and Arrow but it's not necessary. 

I'm sure if they did a crossover, it would be great, but again, not needed yet.  At most, I would maybe mention the characters on the shows, but not actually do anything but that.  Just kind of set the stage for a future crossover, but NOT an actual crossover.

Or if I wanted to go a bit further, maybe have a villain from one show appear on the other, but I might not even do that.

Spoilers ok? Leaving a bunch of spaces in case it isn't. 

I just watched it and I'm underwhelmed. I expected more. I'll try to do some pros and cons. 

Things I liked:

1. Melissa Benoist: I like that she's pretty but not 'too pretty' if that makes sense. Smalville's version with Laura Vandervoot looks like the hot high school tramp you want to boink. Melissa is beautiful but not distracting or cheap-looking. 

2. The costume look: I think it was great that they stuck with the newer Superman look. It builds in a loose connection between the show and the larger DC movies. 

3. The two cameos: I won't mention much just in case. 

Things I didn't like:

1. Too much: There's so much happening in an hour it's almost a trainwreck for me. They had enough material to stretch out at least half a season. I wish they could have waited until much later to develop and reveal the "others". 

2. The intro: 15 minutes of exposition was too much. I wish they could have come up with a better way to introduce the characters. It's too convoluted for my tastes. 

3. High School teenage girl drama: I'm not sure what the deal is but it seems like when we have a movie or series with leading females we devolve into typical dramatic elements that we see in cliched American movies: the bitchy boss, the stressed relationship with another female, hot guys, surrounding the clueless girl, etc...which leads to...

4. Am I watching a tv show or a GQ commercial? Seriously, all these pretty people with very tight clothing. 

5. Worse than Batman: does Kara have to reveal her identity to everyone??? Why bother with a secret identity? Which leads me to think why was she wearing glasses to begin with? Was she wearing glasses before the plane incident? Someone will have to correct me. 

Well, I think it's clear to everyone reading that I didn't care for this which is too bad. I wished they could have built this within the CW world so that Supergirl could mingle with Green Arrow and The Flash. Those shows aren't perfect but those folks have a better formula going on. 

I also have to remind myself that this is the first ep. I'm sure it can course correct but I'm not sure I'll be back to watch another ep. 

I agree totally on 3.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0