Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

STAR TREK RENEGADES 2

kenman   

Renegades will probably not effect the new series plans, as it is a fan film series, even though it does use prime actors. It's not likely CBS will go back to using Berman and Braga era actors as explaining that away would be fan service. Whatever they do, they will not go back to that well. Hopefully they will pick something that works.

Wel I think that is going to be the case. Renegades will barely a blip on the radar of the new series. The question is more of how the new series might affect plans for Renegades. 

Hammer   

I don't think there will be scheduling conflicts for the actors between Renegades and the new series. If there was any time conflict, the actor is likely going to take the paying gig. I just think that the sales pitch to kickstarter donors for Renegades is going to be a lot tougher if the studio is producing content. People will be donating because they like that flavor of Trek, not just because they are desperate to see ANY kind of Trek produced in a TV format. It may be less of a problem for Continues because it's unlikely a new series is going to be set in that time period.

Nichelle Nichols has joined the cast of Star Trek Renegades ! One of the biggest tv/movie legends in the history of science fiction will grace the production of episodes 2 and 3 and will reprise her role of Admiral Nyota Uhura. It is a thrill to welcome Nichelle to the Renegades team. Thank you, Star Trek Renegades !

Gus

Nichelle Nichols has joined the cast of Star Trek Renegades ! One of the biggest tv/movie legends in the history of science fiction will grace the production of episodes 2 and 3 and will reprise her role of Admiral Nyota Uhura. It is a thrill to welcome Nichelle to the Renegades team. Thank you, Star Trek Renegades !

Gus

Admiral McCoy, Admiral Chekov and now Admiral Uhura... nice to see all of the TOS supporting crew got their due promotions.  Wasn't Sulu an admiral, according to Chakotay in VGR?  Can't remember (or it was on VGR, I willingly forgot... :giggle:).

There are so many Admirals in the Star Trek universe. 

No kidding! 

Staying at the same job for a century (!); Starfleet must have a really crummy retirement package... :P

kenman   

It may be the thing I find the least believable than any other ridiculous thing that has happened in the history of Star Trek.  Nobody else wants to move on and do something else when they are 140? For a supposedly advanced society these people seem ridiculously single minded.  That might be the best thing that "All Good Things..." did with it's possible future...everybody tried other things, or at least some did. Geordi and Data were no longer in Starfleet, Worf was now working with the Klingons, Picard retired to his family's vineyard...only Riker and Crusher were still Starfleet.

But in everything else everybody becomes an Admiral.  Even Janeway became a freakin' Admiral...and she was an idiot who got her ship LOST!

It may be the thing I find the least believable than any other ridiculous thing that has happened in the history of Star Trek.  Nobody else wants to move on and do something else when they are 140? For a supposedly advanced society these people seem ridiculously single minded.  That might be the best thing that "All Good Things..." did with it's possible future...everybody tried other things, or at least some did. Geordi and Data were no longer in Starfleet, Worf was now working with the Klingons, Picard retired to his family's vineyard...only Riker and Crusher were still Starfleet.

But in everything else everybody becomes an Admiral.  Even Janeway became a freakin' Admiral...and she was an idiot who got her ship LOST!

I kind of like what happened with Uhura in "Of Gods and Men" when Uhura was just living as a civilian on Vulcan (and married to a Vulcan; with kids and grandkids).  OGAM wasn't spectacular, but that was one aspect of it I appreciated; that the Starfleet folks could retire and have normal lives.  Even GEN had Kirk in retirement....

Actually the "Captain Sulu" Chakotay mentioned in the episode Tatto (Voyager second season) was Hikaru Sulu's grandson, according to Jeri Taylor. This one just made people confused. LOL

And yeah, I actually feel good about Nichelle in RENEGADES, thought the Admiral thing is getting old in the 24th Century. I hope they gave her  a better  role than OF GODS AND MEN, nevertheless.

Gus

Actually the "Captain Sulu" Chakotay mentioned in the episode Tatto (Voyager second season) was Hikaru Sulu's grandson, according to Jeri Taylor. This one just made people confused. LOL

And yeah, I actually feel good about Nichelle in RENEGADES, thought the Admiral thing is getting old in the 24th Century. I hope they gave her  a better  role than OF GODS AND MEN, nevertheless.

Gus

Well, I'm sure Hikaru Sulu left Starfleet no less than an admiral as well; of the three (he, Chekov and Uhura) he seemed the most focused on his career.

The kickstarter campaign for Episode #2 of STAR TREK RENEGADES, The Requiem", has been successfully completed! And now, they will move immediately into the pre-production phase of this venture.

This is it, the journey begins!

More details to follow in the coming days.

G

The people at STAR TREK RENEGADES shared this special announcement from the page of their Eeecutive Producer Sky Conway yesterday :

"To Our Supporters and Loyal Fans:

We are excited to officially announce that The Requiem will start shooting June 25th and we will wrap production on August 10th. With the shooting dates set and a locked script, we are now in active pre-production. As everything is coming together, we wanted to take this time to share with you some of our latest updates and what we have planned for Renegades.

As you know, our Kickstarter campaign only raised enough to meet our first goal of shooting episode 2 – not episode 3, and not post production. But, over the last few months, we've been diligently rewriting our script and stretching your donations in order to dramatically bring down the production costs so that we can film BOTH episodes – which we are now referring to as parts one and two of The Requiem. Here is what our director, Tim Russ and star Walter Koenig have to say about our script:

"The most recent draft of "STR -Requiem" knocked me out. Yup, it had me in tears. Congratulations!" –Walter Koenig.

“We've developed an exciting, emotional & surprising sequel to the Renegades pilot!" –Tim Russ

We'd also like to take this opportunity to make an announcement about the future of Renegades. Originally, Star Trek: Renegades was created with the hopes that CBS might consider it for a new web series, or perhaps as a flagship series for an on-demand channel. When CBS announced that they were in fact pursuing that strategy with their own in-house production, we decided it was time to conclude our series. That being said, this two-part episode of Renegades will be the last production of the series. This will be especially historic, as it will be Walter Koenig’s final performance as the beloved Chekov and we are excited and honored to give you the final leg of his journey.

We are very much looking forward to bringing back Chekov, Uhura, Tuvok and so many other beloved Star Trek characters for one more exciting adventure! We hope you are too.

We leave you with this sneak peek image of things to come...

Thank you.
The STR Team

13177163_10209401461492682_2600233238958

Still think they ought to call it "RENEGADES 2: Electric Boogaloo." :P

68747470733a2f2f6b7473773839392e66696c65

^
So help me, that has GOT to be the best sequel subtitle ever.... :giggle:

Well, ELETRIC BUGALOO is from Cannon, so its got to be  a major classic in bad cinema.

And speaking of Cannon..........I recommend to everyone to watch ELETRIC BUGALoO, THE WILD, IUNTOLD STORY OF CANNON FILMS, now avalable on DVD.

91lyjw4pVML._SL1500_.jpg

Too much fun for a documentary.

Gus

kenman   

Well, ELETRIC BUGALOO is from Cannon, so its got to be  a major classic in bad cinema.

And speaking of Cannon..........I recommend to everyone to watch ELETRIC BUGALoO, THE WILD, IUNTOLD STORY OF CANNON FILMS, now avalable on DVD.

91lyjw4pVML._SL1500_.jpg

Too much fun for a documentary.

Gus

That doc is great! I second the recommendation. 

I wasn't much for Renegades, so I believe I will pass on their sequels. 

The final episodes for RENEGADES sounds like fun. Robert Beltran as Chakotay. Terry Farrell as Jadzia. And of course the final performances of Walter and Nichelle as Chekov and Uhura. Whats not to like ?

And yeah, ELECTRIC BUGALOO THE WILD UNTOLD STORY OF CANNON FILMS was the best documentary of 2015, highly recommended for fans of (bad) movies including Cannon classics like DELTA FORCE, LIFEFORCE, MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, STALLONE COBRA, SUPERMAN IV, AMERICAN NINJA, MISSING IN ACTION and others......ahan...................unforgetabble movies produced by Golan and Goblus.

13138807_10209408042857212_6150908309976

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Maybe its Jadzia without the Trill symbionte. Maybe she manage toi survive Dukat's attack. I dunno, really.

Gus

Her body was in a coffin (photon tube).   Seemed pretty definitive.  

I'm guessing (?) it's some kind of cloning deal (though it makes no sense) or a time-travel thing.   Either way, I'm not a fan of characters who are dead and buried coming back to life... it's a stunt one can only pull once or twice before it becomes tiresome and dramatically inert (and ST is way overdrawn on its resurrection currency). 

According to a producer, they arent doing an alternate universe movie (again)

Lets what and see.

Gus

Time travel then?   This is officially bugging me.  

If they just ignore Jadzia's death in DS9 that would undo the whole thing for me.   Jadzia's death was a powerful moment that resonated throughout the rest of the show.   To ignore it would be a mistake, and to just bring her back as a clone or something would demean Jadzia herself.   It would undo her uniqueness as a character.

The writers of REN 2 have to be VERY careful on this one... 

STAR TREK RENEGADES 2 (now only know as RENEGADES THE SERIES -- REQUIEN) Is looking sensational Glad the Starfleet look remains on the design of the ships and uniforms (they are only changing the characters names). Should be great. Cmon tell me you dont wanan see Beltran as Chakotay....err, I mean Cordero, again. Stay tuned.

14064014_1248854955145895_69011384871001

Gus

As long as Ezri Dax still exists after the whatever thing they've done, I'm ok with it.

What's with all the Ezri talk? You a fan or somethin'? :) 

Nah, just an admirer... :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this