Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

STAR TREK RENEGADES 2

77 posts in this topic

Walter Koenig (whose birthday is today !)) announced today on Facebook that there will be a sequel of STAR TREK RENEGADES and he will return as Admiral Chekov

He wrote :

"shooting a trailer soon for "Captain Pike" trailer and also one for the ST Renegades sequel. Possibly doing a VO for new Star Trek game."

william-shatner-attends-a-photo-call-for_5792178.jpg

Just learned from a fellow DS9 fan that Terry Farrel will be in RENEGADES 2 (perhaps playing another character other than Jadzia ?) For a DS9 fan like me, this is a dream come true. Welcome back, Terry !

terry_farrell(2).jpg

Just learned from a fellow DS9 fan that Terry Farrel will be in RENEGADES 2 (perhaps playing another character other than Jadzia ?) For a DS9 fan like me, this is a dream come true. Welcome back, Terry !

terry_farrell(2).jpg

Agreed.

But it's such a shame that she won't (or can't) be playing Jadzia again...

Michael Westmore has joined the Renegades two-part episode sequel. This means better and more pratical alien make-up.

This two-part episode will be co-written by Walter Koenig and will feature his last appearance ever as Chekov.

Gus

Michael Westmore has joined the Renegades two-part episode sequel. This means better and more pratical alien make-up.

This two-part episode will be co-written by Walter Koenig and will feature his last appearance ever as Chekov.

Gus

Holy smokes!  That's amazing.  

I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Westmore at the IMATS makeup conference in 2014.   We talked for about 10 minutes; he told me some really interesting anecdotes about Worf and Quark's makeups, and how they shaved down their application times to about 45 min. each (!).  Great guy.   My wife and I are also big fans of "Face Off"; the makeup challenge reality show that he mentors. 

ffddfd1306f7a474de52afcf6267e369.jpg

It also ups the prestige factor of these fan films in that they now are able to get Oscar-winning talent like Westmore (he won for "Mask" in 1986).   One of my principle complaints about REN (and granted; it's unfair, considering their budget) were some of the makeups.   Some were excellent, but others (like the Romulan woman's) were really amateurish.  Westmore will no doubt work his magic here.

PS:  On a personal note?  I've lost over 60 lbs/27 kg since this photo was taken... :thumbup:

While I'm still not interested in the story being told with Renegades, I think Westmore could definitely help the rather cheap looking make up effects used in the first story. 

While I'm still not interested in the story being told with Renegades, I think Westmore could definitely help the rather cheap looking make up effects used in the first story. 

Agreed.

When I saw REN on a 30-odd ft. screen in Westwood, some of those makeup deficiencies were glaringly obvious. 

It will be interesting to see what a motivated Beltran can do. I wouldn't have expected him to sign on. I'll be watching with interest...

Cirroc Lofton is back as an adult Jake Sisko and Aron Einseberg is back as Nog for teh second episode two-parter of STAR TREK RENEGADES, accordingto their Facebook page, joining their DS9 co-star Terry Farrell.

Gus

Cirroc Lofton is back as an adult Jake Sisko and Aron Einseberg is back as Nog for teh second episode two-parter of STAR TREK RENEGADES, accordingto their Facebook page, joining their DS9 co-star Terry Farrell.

Gus

"I.... am.... Cirroc!"  

My apologies to Cirroc Lofton, but I couldn't resist.  :angel_not:

Celebrated TNG writer Melissa Snodgrass (who wrote the award winning TNG episode THE MEASURE OF  A MAN) was hired as the new story editor for the STAR TREK RENEGADES webseries.

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Legendary production designer Andrew Probert (STAR TREK TMP, TNG) has joined STAR TREK RENEGADES and he rocks.

Gus

Legendary production designer Andrew Probert (STAR TREK TMP, TNG) has joined STAR TREK RENEGADES and he rocks.

Gus

Pretty cool!

If REN continues to get better and better behind the scenes-talent like Probert and Snodgrass?  I imagine REN 2 will be in much better shape. 

Agreed. And lets not forget the return of Chakotay.......................oh errrrrrr..................forget it LOL

Gus

Agreed. And lets not forget the return of Chakotay.......................oh errrrrrr..................forget it LOL

Gus

Nothing against Beltran personally, though I think his somewhat understandable bitterness against VGR was a bit overdone.  His badmouthing of the show, even while it was on the air, was a bit harsh at times.   It was work.  And for an actor in Hollywood, getting a 7 year series means a house and relative security.   Considering how many actors are unemployed (i.e. 90-odd percent of them at any given time), a guaranteed series like that is a holy grail, and he kind of took a whiz in it.

I'm not blaming him for being upset with his character and how he was portrayed (badly, in short), but he could've had the grace to wait till the show was over until he started attacking it; threatening his livelihood and (potentially) his cast mates. 

Lol - CNN is using STAR TREK RENEGADES  footage while discussing the new official Star Trek show. Certainly a glitch by the editor, but great exposure for "Renegades". Not sure CBS likes this as much...

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/03/exp-cbs-launching-new-star-trek-tv-series-online.cnn

G

Even worse; they credited CBS for the REN footage (!).  

giphy.gif

With just a few days to go and less than $50 thousand from reaching their goal on Kickstarter, the team behind Star Trek: Renegades hopes to complete the second and third episodes of the crowd-funded independent fan-series.

Promoted as the final on-screen performances of Walter Koenig as Pavel Chekov (now a Federation Admiral), the next installments of Star Trek Renegades will feature several other actors returning to their Star Trek roles, including Terry Farrell as Jadzia, Robert Beltran as Chakotay, Cirroc Lofton as Jake Sisko, Aron Eisenberg as Nog, and Hana Hatae as Molly O’Brian.

Additionally, Tim Russ will return to the role of Tuvok, Adrienne Wilkinson as Lexxa, Gary Graham as Ragnar and Corin Nemec as Alvarez, from the first episode.

In order to be funded, the project must hit its goal of $350,000 by Wednesday, December 2.

You can watch the Kickstarter pitch below.

Does anyone here think that the announcement of a new series by CBS is taking the wind out of Renegades sails when it comes to fundraising? Wouldn't there be less incentive for the fan to fund new content when new content has already been promised by the studio?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0