Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotty

A Kazon perhaps?

6 posts in this topic

Today I seen a part of These of the Voyages..., this is something I didn't notice in this scene, which Shran tries to get hos daughter back from the aloen gangsters. Look at the photo in begind Shran. He looks alot like a Kazon. Yet the Kazon are a Delta Quadrent race. The Federation never knew or heard of them at this point.

http://ent.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/4x22/thesearethevoyages148.jpg

Today I seen a part of These of the Voyages..., this is something I didn't notice in this scene, which Shran tries to get hos daughter back from the aloen gangsters. Look at the photo in begind Shran. He looks alot like a Kazon. Yet the Kazon are a Delta Quadrent race. The Federation never knew or heard of them at this point.

sort of similar, but I chuck it up more to uninspired make-up design than it being the same race. It is slightly different.

sort of similar, but I chuck it up more to uninspired make-up design than it being the same race. It is slightly different.

Agreed - Trek is filled with that.

It wouldn't surprise me. Trek reused props, sets, costumes all the time for savings/cost cutting.

It wouldn't surprise me. Trek reused props, sets, costumes all the time for savings/cost cutting.

Even the Xindi in S3 of ENT wore hand-me-down costumes from Shinzon in NEM ("Carpenter Street").

carpenterstreet_606.jpg

Not to mention 22nd century Romulans also sporting the latest fashions from the 24th century ("The Aenar"/"The Kir'shara").

kirshara_518.jpg

That outfit is not exactly like Shinzon's from 2002. His didn't have the piping.

As for Romulans having similar clothing in different periods, it is kind of like how fashion becomes trendy today. Izon shirts and Vans skate shoes were popular in the 1980s and now there are fashion outlet malls selling them in 2015 to kids who have never seen them on their parents. Well, maybe some of them have. But the millenials have really no clue that those outfits were around back when, and aren't bothered. I can buy the idea that Romulans also did that.

Ent also had Ferengi when it shouldn't have.

Voyager also used the same lighted ceiling track light corridor for all of their alien corridor sets in seasons 1 and 2. They even went to a planet in episode 2 that had human looking aliens with no make up.

The octagonal cargo containers in TNG were used as props in all of the series.

The little wedge shaped alien ship model from the Pakled episode became like five other ships turned around or with glued new parts.

The Reliant model was reused, as was Excelsior and Ambassador, and even Constellation, but not so much Constitution.

The battle bridge in TNG became several other bridges.

The Enterprise C bridge was a redress of Excelsior.

The Excelsior bridge was reused as Enterprise B, which makes sense.

The movie era costumes were modified and used again as early TNG uniforms, but that was on purpose.

Edited by Chimera82405