Sim

What was the last piece of music you listened to?

238 posts in this topic

Antonin Dvorak's "Slavonic Dances" (all of them), by Rafael Kubelik and the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra Munich.

And some baroque: Jean-Philippe Rameau's "Les Indes Galantes - Suite", Frans Brüggen and the Orchestra of the 18th Century.

C.P.E. Bach ("the other Bach", Johann Sebastian's son): Flute concertos and various quartets, by Trevor Pinnock and The English Concert and Karl Richter and the Munich Bach Orchestra.

Some jazz: Recordings by Wardell Gray from 1948-49.

Maurice Jarre's soundtrack from "Doctor Zhivago" and a few tracks from ELO's "Out of the Blue" album (CD)....

Classic jazz: Earl Hines from the 1920s.

Some Seattle alt-rock from the 90s: "8-Way Santa" by TAD.

String quartets by Joseph Haydn: Op. 64 Nos. 1-6 and Op. 71 Nos. 1-3, by the Amadeus Quartet.

Okay who wants to listen to the song "Star Trekkin"???:

demento_20.gif

We used to have that CD when I was a kid.  Memories!

Robert Schumann: Piano concerto op. 54, Introduction and Allegro appasionato op. 92, by Sviatoslav Richter (piano) and the Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestra (1959).

Valentina Lisitsa - covers of Michael Nyman's music arranged for piano. Fragile and beautiful - her version of 'If,' already a very moving piece of music is exquisite. 

I've been listening to an odd mis-mash of music lately; the last few days my wife has been attending a wedding in another state so I've dragged out my CDs in my car and played a bizarre medley of sounds; from the Ink Spots ("I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire") to Lorena McKennitt ("Mummer's Dance"; beautiful song) to Marilyn Manson ("Redeemer") to Frank Sinatra ("My Way").   Not kidding.  

This morning, whilst driving to the airport to pick her up, I popped in my CD of Louis Armstrong's greatest hits.  Armstrong is just sublime to me; "What a Wonderful World" is 'comfort music' to me.  

My musical taste is just all over the map; the only things you won't really find much of in my collection are hardcore rap or country (though I do have a bit of Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline in there...).

I've been listening to an odd mis-mash of music lately; the last few days my wife has been attending a wedding in another state so I've dragged out my CDs in my car and played a bizarre medley of sounds; from the Ink Spots ("I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire") to Lorena McKennitt ("Mummer's Dance"; beautiful song) to Marilyn Manson ("Redeemer") to Frank Sinatra ("My Way").   Not kidding.  

This morning, whilst driving to the airport to pick her up, I popped in my CD of Louis Armstrong's greatest hits.  Armstrong is just sublime to me; "What a Wonderful World" is 'comfort music' to me.  

My musical taste is just all over the map; the only things you won't really find much of in my collection are hardcore rap or country (though I do have a bit of Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline in there...).

Driving is a great opportunity to listen to medleys of different kinds of music, IMO. It's funny how I connect certain places I drive by with the music I listened to when doing so, sometimes. :)

It's great you have such a diverse taste in music. There is always something new to discover! It's not that I necessarily dislike other genres of music, but my collector's passion is mostly focused on rock (70s classic rock and 90s alt-rock, especially), jazz (bebop/modern, mostly) and classical music.

I've been watching a couple of music videos with my daughter, recently. She especially likes easy rhythms and real people dancing, rather than animations. She liked Daft Punk's "Around the World", "The Scatman" from the 90s, or Lou Bega's "Mambo No. 5". ;)

The last CDs I listened to were Franz Schubert's symphonies 7&8 (or 8&9, according to the old counting), by Leonard Bernstein and the Concertgebouw Orchestra Amsterdam; and jazz: Earl Hines recordings from 1940-41.

Sesame Street Alphabet album. It may bot be by choice, but damn if those tunes aint catchy!

Not exactly music, but I listened to many audio plays: "Die drei ???" (="The three Question Marks"), a youth crime-mystery series based on the American book series "The Three Investigators -- T3I ".

Presently listening to the Hollywood Vampires CD after being introduced to it by a a friend of mine last week when we were up north. We had a good old rock out to it in her car. Fun times :)

Some They Might Be Giants. Was introduced to them by an episode of Tiny Toon Adventures back in the early 1990's:

"Birdhouse in Your Soul."

"Instanbul (not Constantinople)"

"Dead"

"Particle Man"

Edited by Anime Trekker

Some They Might Be Giants. Was introduced to them by an episode of Tiny Toon Adventures back in the early 1990's:

"Birdhouse in Your Soul."

"Instanbul (not Constantinople)"

"Dead"

"Particle Man"

One of my favorite bands, in fact my wife and I had our first dance at our wedding to "Another First Kiss" by them.

Some Music by Queen (my all time fave band):

"I Want it All"

"Radio Gaga"

"The Show Must Go On"

"Innuendo"

"Seven Seas of Rhye"

"The Miracle"

"I Want to Break"- The music video for this was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by Anime Trekker

The B-sides compilation "Echo of Miles" by Soundgarden.

The albums "Presence" and "Coda" by Led Zeppelin, as well as their live album "Celebration Day".

J. S. Bach's harpsichord concerto in D.