Sim

What was the last piece of music you listened to?

90s rock: The album "Yield" by Pearl Jam.

And then, while reading: Beethoven's 8th symphony, interpreted by Simon Rattle and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchstra.

Now: Shostakovich's 1st symphony, interpreted by Rudolf Barshai and the WDR Symphony Orchestra Cologne.

I was just playing Beethoven's 9th... and trying really hard not to flashback on "Clockwork Orange" and "Die Hard." :laugh:

Right now it's this:

I'm listening to/watching "Jeff Wayne's Musical War of the Worlds"

Love the fact that they have Justin Hayward (the lead singer of The Moody Blues) in this.

And Chris Thompson (the guy who was the voice of humanity) CAN REALLY WHALE!!!!

Edited by Anime Trekker
A couple of names were misspelled

Scream by Kill Hannah, though before that I was listening to a lot of my dad's favourite music beforehand, lot of Led Zep and Pink Floyd.

Sim   

Shostakovich's symphonies nos. 4, 5, 6 & 7, by Rudolf Barshai and the WDR Symphony Orchestra Cologne.

Then some 90s rock:

The albums "Ten!" by Pearl Jam and "Core" by Stone Temple Pilots.

The soundtrack to 1997's "Gattaca," by Michael Nyman. 

Tracks 14 ("It Must Be The Light") and 24 ("Irene/The Morrow") are simply gorgeous; with strings so sublime, Vivaldi would be proud... a beautiful soundtrack for a very under appreciated gem of a film.

Tracks 14 ("It Must Be The Light") and 24 ("Irene/The Morrow") are simply gorgeous; with strings so sublime, Vivaldi would be proud... a beautiful soundtrack for a very under appreciated gem of a film.

I love that soundtrack! 

I love that soundtrack! 

Those strings are sublime, aren't they?  

kenman   

Listening to the Batman Forever score...say what you will about the movie itself (I enjoy it mostly on nostalgia...because when it came out...it was a big part of my childhood), but this score is a lot of fun.  I still prefer the Danny Elfman scor of the first two Batman films, but the one Forever has some cool stuff going on. 

Listening to the Batman Forever score...say what you will about the movie itself (I enjoy it mostly on nostalgia...because when it came out...it was a big part of my childhood), but this score is a lot of fun.  I still prefer the Danny Elfman scor of the first two Batman films, but the one Forever has some cool stuff going on. 

I love Seal's "Kiss From A Rose"; that is my '90s anthem... hated the movie, loved the song. 

kenman   

I love Seal's "Kiss From A Rose"; that is my '90s anthem... hated the movie, loved the song. 

I like that song too, though I was listening to the actual score, not the soundtrack. Again, I can see the flaws in Forever, but my choldhood memories of it are so fond, I call it a guilty pleasure. There are no redeeming qualities to Batman & Robin. 

I like that song too, though I was listening to the actual score, not the soundtrack. Again, I can see the flaws in Forever, but my choldhood memories of it are so fond, I call it a guilty pleasure. There are no redeeming qualities to Batman & Robin. 

Other than I saw it the night I first met my (future) wife... :laugh:

kenman   

Don't soil the happy memories of meeting your wife with such garbage!

It's true.

We were set up by friends, and we all met at a screening of "Batman and Robin"; she and I hit it off when we both agreed the movie was a hot pile of worm vomit... 

kenman   

It's true.

We were set up by friends, and we all met at a screening of "Batman and Robin"; she and I hit it off when we both agreed the movie was a hot pile of worm vomit... 

Obviously you had to connect on more subjects...because who DOESN'T agree that it is a hot pile of worm vomit. 

It's true.

Obviously you had to connect on more subjects...because who DOESN'T agree that it is a hot pile of worm vomit. 

True.

I don't think I've ever met anyone (in person, anyway) who likes the Joel S#!t-maker---er, Schumacher Batmans. :P

I'm listening to Ds9's What you Leave Behind soundtrack. God I'm almost crying.... And I didn't even watched it yet to know where the music takes place... Just those slow notes playing the theme in a "goodbye" way is enough to get me.

I'm listening to Ds9's What you Leave Behind soundtrack. God I'm almost crying.... And I didn't even watched it yet to know where the music takes place... Just those slow notes playing the theme in a "goodbye" way is enough to get me.

Re: WYLB?  You really need to... 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19620-1366913642-0.  :P

The music from DS9's "The Changing Face of Evil" randomly popped up for me today. The battle with the Breen in that episode is probably some of the best music in the entire series. I loved it so much, I managed to download the entire scene over a dial-up connection not long after it aired, and I just watched it over and over...  And Weyoun is just so snarky at the end, I love it.

Re: WYLB?  You really need to... 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19620-1366913642-0.  :P

10 episodes to go yet, but it`s pretty close. :giggle:

The music from DS9's "The Changing Face of Evil" randomly popped up for me today. The battle with the Breen in that episode is probably some of the best music in the entire series. I loved it so much, I managed to download the entire scene over a dial-up connection not long after it aired, and I just watched it over and over...  And Weyoun is just so snarky at the end, I love it.

Soo thaaaaat's why the music is so intense on this one! I also loved that track, but, as I haven't finished the series yet I didn't watch that one. Now I'm even more eager.

By the why, don't mind the spoiler, I’m not very crazy about those. I knew about the Been already, just didn't know the episode. :P

Edited by Garak the spy

Soo thaaaaat's why the music is so intense on this one! I also loved that track, but, as I haven't finished the series yet I didn't watch that one. Now I'm even more eager.

By the why, don't mind the spoiler, I’m not very crazy about those. I knew about the Breen already, just didn't know the episode. :P

"The Changing Face of Evil" is fantastic, probably the best episode in the final arc outside of the finale. So you better watch it soon, before I start spoiling other things, like the awesome role that the Kazon play in the last few episodes. :P

By the why, don't mind the spoiler, I’m not very crazy about those. I knew about the Breen already, just didn't know the episode. :P

"The Changing Face of Evil" is fantastic, probably the best episode in the final arc outside of the finale. So you better watch it soon, before I start spoiling other things, like the awesome role that the Kazon play in the last few episodes. :P

:giggle: I'm watching it slowly to see if I can make it last more... Yeah, I’m THAT fanatic. :thumbup: For me watching Ds9 is like the high spot of the week ( yeah, I'm fighting the addiction to watch 3 each day ). It's like Jem'Hadar and Katracel White. You take my weekly Ds9 from me and I get mad. :oneill:  :P

I only hope my parents are ready to back me up on this long and painful time of abstinence that is coming. :giggle::giggle:

...Kazon you say hum? :P

Sim   

While reading Star Trek: The soundtracks of TWOK, TVH, TFF and FC.

Then Antonin Dvorak's symphonies nos. 8 & 9, by Rafael Kubelik and the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.

Johannes Brahms' symphonies nos. 1 & 3, by Herbert von Karajan and the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.