maneth

Which doctor's patient would you rather be?

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

....I dunno... EMH or Bashir.... it's hard to say. EMH is quirky, and I am quirky, too, but I still like Bashir.

But Bashir still has that streak of arrogance, even in the last season there were little amounts of it here and there... 5th season Bashir though, lol. Everyone keeps citing that season of him, hahaha. They have a good point, but that is like, wow, for a single year he wasn't a jerk about things... Bashir... yeah I'd go with him.

Bashir is my choice as well; yes, he can seem arrogant, but I believe that's just a humorous veneer to mask just how much he truly cares for his patients.

Lol. Well there were episodes that he actually went beyond, seeming arrogant, like getting angry at O'Brien about having to stand back to play darts.. and about how they were doomed to lose the war... Though there is the reason in both cases that he did come around. He is also very cute. ^_^

Is this doctor treating us like for a Star Trek caused thing, or are we in an idealized state possibly? Or what?

Cause irl I make Worf's spinal injury look like a picnic. I'd have to say Bashir if I were still gimpy, cause he probably would be kind enough NOT to touch my lower back, at least without like cause or pain relief or something, and probably would be committed to helping me. If I were not gimpy, I dunno... EMH or Bashir.... it's hard to say. EMH is quirky, and I am quirky, too, but I still like Bashir.

But Bashir still has that streak of arrogance, even in the last season there were little amounts of it here and there... 5th season Bashir though, lol. Everyone keeps citing that season of him, hahaha. They have a good point, but that is like, wow, for a single year he wasn't a jerk about things... Bashir... yeah I'd go with him.

I love how they developed these characters so well, strengths and flaws, annoyances and awesomeness...eses....

Bashir is my choice as well; yes, he can seem arrogant, but I believe that's just a humorous veneer to mask just how much he truly cares for his patients.

I know that because people normally say I look arrogant when most times I’m just trying to be optimistic and confident. It's easy to confuse the both. I'm not arrogant... I think....

And they do say also, that I have tendency to run off at the mouth sometimes... It's like a nervous habit.

...I hope you guys don't hold it against me.

Edited by Garak the spy

Is this doctor treating us like for a Star Trek caused thing, or are we in an idealized state possibly? Or what?

Cause irl I make Worf's spinal injury look like a picnic. I'd have to say Bashir if I were still gimpy, cause he probably would be kind enough NOT to touch my lower back, at least without like cause or pain relief or something, and probably would be committed to helping me. If I were not gimpy, I dunno... EMH or Bashir.... it's hard to say. EMH is quirky, and I am quirky, too, but I still like Bashir.

I love how they developed these characters so well, strengths and flaws, annoyances and awesomeness...eses....

I know that because people normally say I look arrogant when most times I’m just trying to be optimistic and confident. It's easy to confuse the both. I'm not arrogant... I think....

And they do say also, that I have tendency to run off at the mouth sometimes... It's like a nervous habit.

Are you kidding?  Post away!

Look at me; I have about a gazillion posts (!).  I'm the mothership of motormouths...:laugh:

And yes, I think Bashir's presumed arrogance (esp. post genetically engineered reveal) is more about confidence.  Personally, I've always found him quite personable; save for the first few episodes, when they really played up his stammering 'Clark Kent'-side...

Look at me; I have about a gazillion posts (!).  I'm the mothership of motormouths...:laugh:

And yes, I think Bashir's presumed arrogance (esp. post genetically engineered reveal) is more about confidence.  Personally, I've always found him quite personable; save for the first few episodes, when they really played up his stammering 'Clark Kent'-side...

You do realise I was making a reference right? :rolleyes: Tough it's true that i tend to speak a lot more than necessary (and my friends do say that to me)

Edited by Garak the spy

You do realise I was making a reference right? :rolleyes: 

What?

SheriffBell.gif  :P 

~ said Senile Sehlat Vie... ~

This should clear things up. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry05wywnXC4

giphy.gif

Aha!  Thanks... :thumbup:

No problem, that was a tricky one to remember. The only reason I remember that is probably because I'm such a fan of Bashir and re watch all his episodes over and over again. :happy:

Edited by Garak the spy

You do realise I was making a reference right? :rolleyes: 

This should clear things up. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry05wywnXC4

OMG... how did I miss that? Maybe cause it was so early back in DS9 before they were BFFs? rofl... My best friend is sometimes accused of being arrogant, but it's just because he is really intelligent. My own father kind of denied my existence while I was still a child because I made his adult wife look like a stammering idiot. It's interesting how people can easily fear intelligence and relate it to being hostile. D: