Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

Tim Russ Troll STAR WARS

kenman   

They realize thats no moon...its a DEATHBALL! And guess who is inside it? Dark Vader and his boss, the Garbage Octopus.

Tim Russ perfectly troll Star Wars fans on May the 4th

Star Wars are like normal wars, but with lasers and in the stars.

LOL

Gus

173c0738c8b97e59c1c67c7d60850142.jpg

Ha! Great vid! Yeah, i kinda think Star Wars is overrated. I think the only reason it stands out is because of the incredible effects for the time and, of course, ligthsabers. :lightsaber::vader:
I mean, deep downs is just a war with lasers. Well, at least that what I think. :rolleyes: But war movies CAN be and sometimes ARE very awesome, so, i would say Star Wars is one of the such.

Anyway, i still prefer my ST and my SGA :radekexcited::oneill::mckay::jemhadar::Silver::mad_as_a_klingon::vulcan:

Hammer   

I also found this:

http://imgur.com/l23cMd2

I think Star Wars is popular because it's a thinly veiled religious allegory. A force of light and darkness (god vs devil) which permeates through the galaxy. Individuals who are blessed with the force and able to use it for good or evil (apostles, prophets or saints vs the devil and those working for him). An ability to talk to the dead (spirits, ghosts). By the time of the New Hope, there are those who believe in the force (religious) and many who think it was superstition (non-believers).

Meanwhile, Star Trek's message is very agnostic. Not much is left without some kind of technical, 3D world explanation. The sense of wonder comes from exploration itself, not from a thinly veiled religious parallel.

Edited by Hammer

I also found this:

http://imgur.com/l23cMd2

I think Star Wars is popular because it's a thinly veiled religious allegory. A force of light and darkness (god vs devil) which permeates through the galaxy. Individuals who are blessed with the force and able to use it for good or evil (apostles, prophets or saints vs the devil and those working for him). An ability to talk to the dead (spirits, ghosts). By the time of the New Hope, there are those who believe in the force (religious) and many who think it was superstition (non-believers).

Meanwhile, Star Trek's message is very agnostic. Not much is left without some kind of technical, 3D world explanation. The sense of wonder comes from exploration itself, not from a thinly veiled religious parallel.

Star Wars is the fairy tale, Star Trek is the science fiction story.

But even I, as an atheist, am more than willing to surrender to the fantasy when I watch Star Wars.

It's massively entertaining, and it fundamentally changed the experience of going to the movies forever. It's impact in that regard cannot be overstated; I was 10 when SW came out, and for me? Moviegoing is essentially divided into two eras; before and after Star Wars. I can certainly appreciate how today's generations (born long after 1977) may find it difficult to imagine one movie so changing the playing field (especially considering the massive advances in movies since Star Wars), but pretty much every summer blockbuster you see today has, in some small or large way, been influenced by the watershed event of Star Wars blasting into theaters all those summers ago.

Most modern movies wouldn't be what they are today (arguably for better or worse) without the influence of this movie.

Considering Tim Russ' (brief but memorable) role in Space Balls, this vid cracks me up.

He was in Spaceballs? Holy smokes. I need to find that scene(s)...

kenman   

Considering Tim Russ' (brief but memorable) role in Space Balls, this vid cracks me up.

Food luck finding it. You probably won't find shit!

Food luck finding it. You probably won't find shit!

Thanks! Told me what I needed to know... resuming my combing (or picking?) the desert. :giggle:

Tim_Russ,_Spaceballs.jpg

I actually met Russ at a 2008 Planetary Society conference (he sits on our board, or he used to... not sure if he does anymore). He was a friendly guy; did a beautiful reading of Ray Bradbury's works.

Sign in to follow this