Sign in to follow this  
The Founder

Insurrection Deleted Scene: Flirting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMk_EI3Hvmw

Has anyone seen this particular deleted scene? I never have before. A few things that are interesting:

1) Glasses?

2) Spot Rom

3) Paper still exists?

Also, this scene gives pretty good exposition on the So'na. Why remove it?

The bespectacled librarian is a bit much... she looks like the classic cliched librarian out of a 1940s comedy. Glad they cut it.

And you can also see an out-of-makeup Max Grodenchik (DS9's Rom) at one of terminals as well. But honestly, why would the Enterprise have a physical library reading room (?). Even in TOS Gary Mitchell had access to the complete ship's library from his hospital bed (!).

And we know that paper volumes of certain books are still favored in the 24th century; Picard was a big lover of books, and even Kirk had his copy of "Tale Of Two Cities." But the idea of a starship having a physical library onboard is a bit absurd; physical space aboard a spaceship (which would be at a premium) wouldn't be wasted on such a frivolity, especially when each crewman already has access to that information in their own private terminals.

And wasn't some of this information about the Son'a already seen in the film later on? IMO, it was a wise cut...

1- She's prbably allergic to Retinax

2- I did.

3- I have no doubt it still would...virtually unused, but I have no doubt it'd still be around. Portable, convenient, and can't be corrupted by a subspace pulse.

4- Frakes probably thought it bogged the film down. It doesn't anymore than Picard and Data did in their Nemesis deleted scene, but that's probably the thought.

LOL. Good point...

But she must hold some serious rank/authority to shush two senior bridge officers who are conducting research on orders from the captain; another example of a gag at the expense of story logic... again; it was IMO a wise cut.

LOL. Good point...

But she must hold some serious rank/authority to shush two senior bridge officers who are conducting research on orders from the captain; another example of a gag at the expense of story logic... again; it was IMO a wise cut.

My response to her:

"Three pips...bite me." :)

Edited by prometheus59650

Yeah, she did look like a walking/talking cliche of a librarian. In terms of being allergic, that might work in Kirk's era, but in the 24th century they still haven't developed technology to fix a person's eyes? Hell, they could probably clone her eyes and place new ones. It's a bit of a stretch. Although, maybe some people don't care enough to go through that kind of invasive surgery...?

You're right that a lot of the information that was stated had been stated in another scene. Although, I did like that they explained why Data was off the Enterprise and with that observation team. I remember a lot of people wondering why he was chosen for that.

In terms of the library? I agree if it had been an Intrepid class or Defiant class, but a Sovereign or Galaxy class? I can imagine they'd have the space for a library. While they can access the information from their beds, some people probably prefer the privacy that comes with it. Especially if you have a messy roommate (Jake Sisko. :P). While...privacy and peace and quiet when two senior officers aren't acting like juveniles. :P

Hammer   

I don't think it's far-fetched that the Enterprise would have a library. They might receive printed materials from civilizations that haven't abandoned the printed word for computers. I didn't see books in the scene though, just banks of computers. Maybe it's because the vocal interface with the computer can be a bit clumsy if you can't pronounce what you intend to look up. If that's the case though, why not just have personal computers in their quarters. I just don't think that's how the Enterprise library would look.

As for the glasses, style choice?

Yeah, they have room for one now that they don't have to have something ridiculous on a ship whose mission is sort of to go out and look for trouble like a preschool for kiddies.

LOL. Good point...

My response to her:

"Three pips...bite me." :)

giphy.gif

Exactly.

One of the deleted scenes that was never released on the DVD or Blu-Ray is Quark guest appearance at the end of the movie. He arrives at the Ba'Ku planet with two Dabo girls and asks Picard if he can open a hotel resort there and Picard orders Worf to take Quark away. I really wish to watch this deleted scene to see if its worked or not.

1508575_993822640635864_3409226606683648

11012938_993822617302533_708538055266552

Gus

I'm about the only one here who likes Insurrection so yeah, I like this scene. :P

Spot the obvious redress of Voyager's engine room.

The deleted "lunch" scene is even worse.................glad Frakes cut that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGjyK14uToQ

And the original ending wiuth "young Ru'afo" is just painfull to watch....glad they reshoot the ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJ7opsQnQo

I have nothing against INSURRECTION. It was just a seventh season TV episode, not exactly a movie material.

But the great Michael Piller have my repect as writer. RIP

Gus

Those deleted scenes... wow.  Powerfully bad stuff.   INS is still my least favorite of the ST movie canon, but these scenes wouldn't have helped.   Too bad they never shot Piller's original script... it was significantly better than the final film. 

Glad they did away with Quark's cameo. Bad enough they had to pretty much shoehorn Worf into it, but how would Quark have heard about it that quick anyway? 

I heard about these deleted scenes and I have to say, those would have sucked bad. Funny enough though, put those in a J.J. Abrams Trek movie (OK he rocked "Star Wars: The Force Awakens") and he wouldn't be called out on it.

Sign in to follow this