Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GenesisDevice

Janeway and Paris' lizard babies

82 posts in this topic

The 'size of a car'.... my oh my, they grew up to be rather robust, weren't they? :laugh:

Wonder why B'Lanna was never jealous that her baby's father had already gotten their captain pregnant.... :giggle:

And I'm still scratching my head over how a giant salamander is somehow the apex of human evolution.

The 'size of a car'.... my oh my, they grew up to be rather robust, weren't they? :laugh:

Wonder why B'Lanna was never jealous that her baby's father had already gotten their captain pregnant.... :giggle:

And I'm still scratching my head over how a giant salamander is somehow the apex of human evolution.

It wasn't. It was basically a joke of Braga's. After decades of Trek hinting that man was to evolve into this sort of supreme being, he decided, 'what if humans devolved instead?'

Ha...ha?

It wasn't. It was basically a joke of Braga's. After decades of Trek hinting that man was to evolve into this sort of supreme being, he decided, 'what if humans devolved instead?'

Ha...ha?

96203-teminator-not-funny-gif-T2-Arn-CJm

My thoughts exactly.

One of his many mistakes. While I'll still never love the guy at least with Cosmos, he's repaired a bit of his reputation with me.

That episode really was a perfect example of showing that Janeway and the Voyager crew were the stupidest people on a starship.

Think about this--Warp 10 works. They just discovered an easy way to get home.

Sure, it turns them into salamanders, but the process is reversible and NOT instantaneous.

GO HOME, reverse the process, and it's Miller Time.

That episode really was a perfect example of showing that Janeway and the Voyager crew were the stupidest people on a starship.

Sure, it turns them into salamanders, but the process is reversible and NOT instantaneous.

Exactly the biggest flaw in the episode. He had the cure. Go home. At the very worst, some of the "little people" crew wise start to change, but by then I imagine there'd be more Starfleeters aboard to help the Doc.

"Threshold" should have ended the series.

Exactly the biggest flaw in the episode. He had the cure. Go home. At the very worst, some of the "little people" crew wise start to change, but by then I imagine there'd be more Starfleeters aboard to help the Doc.

"Threshold" should have ended the series.

The mutation didn't happen right away either; they could've prepared an automated message buoy to be launched as soon as they hit Federation space, in the event the change happened faster than anticipated. That way Starfleet would know EXACTLY how to reverse the mutation. Or hell, what about just using the transporter trace to eliminate the excess genetic information? Worked for Pulaski in "Unnatural Selection" (and it worked in TAS).

Or hell, what about just using the transporter trace to eliminate the excess genetic information? Worked for Pulaski in "Unnatural Selection"

Transporter even redid her hair and makeup, too. :)

Or hell, what about just using the transporter trace to eliminate the excess genetic information? Worked for Pulaski in "Unnatural Selection"

It'd be a nice way to get your old haircut back, wouldn't it?

Fountain of youth, baby. Have your neural pattern scanned weekly, decide you're too old, merge it with your old physical pattern and voila.

Fountain of youth, baby. Have your neural pattern scanned weekly, decide you're too old, merge it with your old physical pattern and voila.

I'd just keep a trace pattern of how I was at 25 and voila! Immortality in a buffer coil.

Funny how this aspect of Federation technology isn't exploited more often in Star Trek...

Haha! So that is what Janeway and Paris' babies grow up to be huh? :P

What a horrible and weird episode. Not to mention, the VOY crew left the infants to die on that random alien world...OR...they evolved and wrecked the already natural ecosystem that was possibly thriving on the planet.

Gods...no wonder half the Delta Quadrant wanted to destroy Voyager.

Haha! So that is what Janeway and Paris' babies grow up to be huh? :P

What a horrible and weird episode. Not to mention, the VOY crew left the infants to die on that random alien world...OR...they evolved and wrecked the already natural ecosystem that was possibly thriving on the planet.

Gods...no wonder half the Delta Quadrant wanted to destroy Voyager.

And much of the audience, too... :giggle:

kate-mulgrew-kathryn-janeway-star-trek-vtumblr_n3kzi4Sib51s2wio8o2_500.gif

Haha! Ugh. In that gif, Janeway has a "I just committed an atrocity. What'cha gonna do about it?" smirk...

Funny how this aspect of Federation technology isn't exploited more often in Star Trek.

Or the Omicron Ceti spores for that matter. Let the sick person gets sprayed. wait for the disease to be cleared, including missing organs regenerated, pick a fight with them and then go home.

Harness those spores and Starfleet Medical is out of a job.

Haha! Ugh. In that gif, Janeway has a "I just committed an atrocity. What'cha gonna do about it?" smirk...

"I ruined another chance to get home. It'll take years more. I'll be make Admiral for sure."

"I ruined another chance to get home. It'll take years more. I'll be make Admiral for sure."

Haha perfect.

You know about those giant salamanders? The more I read about the creatures that existed in the ancient world, the more I'm in awe Humans made it. haha. We're nothing compared to 99.99999999999% of them. Even the mosquitoes were giant.

Haha perfect.

You know about those giant salamanders? The more I read about the creatures that existed in the ancient world, the more I'm in awe Humans made it. haha. We're nothing compared to 99.99999999999% of them. Even the mosquitoes were giant.

The atmosphere was much more oxygen-rich in those days; thus, creatures tended to get really big. And yes, it is amazing that these smart little rodents hiding in the rock crevices would (millions of years later) evolve to become the dominant life form (!). If you told that to a tyrannosaurus, I'm sure it'd roar with laughter... :laugh:

Even the mosquitoes were giant.

Far more oxygen way back when which allowed for way larger bugs.

On the plus side, when we finally destroy ourselves the Earth will be fine.

Nah, "The Fight" tops it. It's the only episode of Trek I've never been able to stand watching all the way through.

Damn you both - now I'm going to have to make myself watch - endure - both those episodes to be sure. :P:)

Nah, "The Fight" tops it. It's the only episode of Trek I've never been able to stand watching all the way through.

Was that the one with Chakotay shadow boxing the whole f--king episode? Ugh! HATED that one. And I'd (literally) forgotten all about it till just now....

That one makes "Way to Eden" look like "Hair."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0