kenman

The Movie Posters

77 posts in this topic

I love both of those... and it's nice to see TMP getting a little homage now and then.  ;)

When you compare the bright image of the Enterprise soaring up to the Into Darkness poster of it crumbling and crashing...it seems like a deliberate tone change is being imprinted on us.  And we KNOW the ship is destroyed in the new flick , yet they have a poster that conveys a hopeful image...more than even the trailer, this poster makes me wanna actually go see this thing. 

The TMP homage is pretty lovely as well. I like that classic poster, so I am all for paying a little homage, especially at a fan event...rather than in the final official poster (I'd rather we get new art for official posters).

Yes, that Beyond quality has a soaring optimism to it; it's a deliberate (and very welcome!) 180 from the "Star Trek Into Dark Knight Rises" poster we saw earlier... so help me, the STID poster looked like it was made by the same computer program that made every summer movie poster from 2008-2013. 

I love both of those... and it's nice to see TMP getting a little homage now and then.  ;)

When you compare the bright image of the Enterprise soaring up to the Into Darkness poster of it crumbling and crashing...it seems like a deliberate tone change is being imprinted on us.  And we KNOW the ship is destroyed in the new flick , yet they have a poster that conveys a hopeful image...more than even the trailer, this poster makes me wanna actually go see this thing. 

The TMP homage is pretty lovely as well. I like that classic poster, so I am all for paying a little homage, especially at a fan event...rather than in the final official poster (I'd rather we get new art for official posters).

Yes, that Beyond quality has a soaring optimism to it; it's a deliberate (and very welcome!) 180 from the "Star Trek Into Dark Knight Rises" poster we saw earlier... so help me, the STID poster looked like it was made by the same computer program that made every summer movie poster from 2008-2013. 

At least they didn't go with a picture of Kirk or Khan's face with the tagline written over it like so many of today's modern UGLY posters do.  But yea, the Dark Knight Rises Poster and the STID poster were practically the same crappy design (it worked far better for DKR in my opinion).  I much prefer to see a ship flying in bright colors than see an image of some jerk standing on the burnt corpse of a city.