kenman

The Movie Posters

77 posts in this topic

Geee, never has this problem when watching a movie at my local cineplex. Wait, there is one time : when I watched STARSHIP TROOPERS, a guy in front of us spoke for the entire movie, like he was feeling the movie sucked. And it is a good movie. I guess this happens all around the world.

Gus

Geee, never has this problem when watching a movie at my local cineplex. Wait, there is one time : when I watched STARSHIP TROOPERS, a guy in front of us spoke for the entire movie, like he was feeling the movie sucked. And it is a good movie. I guess this happens all around the world.

Gus

Rudeness in movies seems to be a (sadly) worldwide phenomenon.

Poster for of Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 2 movie event.

11083861_978831715468290_917795095831064

The IMAX poster for STAR TREK (2009) Did you watch it on IMAX ?

10857212_978831458801649_298125329391256

A beatiful poster for STAR TREK (2009) made by the PAUL SHIPPER ILLUSTRATION STUDIO - much better than the actual official poster.

11013324_978830738801721_753857480185960

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

I like that IMAX poster, its like an inverted version of what I've seen before. I think that streamlined image of the Enterprise zooming at Warp sort of sums up that movie....its a fast paced Star Trek adventure.

I like that Paul Shipper poster, though it feels too Star Wars to me. I guess that is appropriate for that movie though.

I like the ST09 IMAX poster too; it has a simplicity, yet it also has a lot of dynamism and energy to it as well.

This is my favorite Star Trek Movie poster, as I described in an earlier post for star trek VI

star_trek_vi_xlg_zpsef9e27f8.jpg

For some reason as a Kid, when the VHS first came out, I was looking for this image as the movie cover.

TUC has one of my favorite posters as well. It's simple, energetic and it has 'epic' all over it.

I like that Paul Shipper poster, though it feels too Star Wars to me. I guess that is appropriate for that movie though.

While fitting, it's at least a properly sketched and colored poster, unlike the overwhelming amount of photoshopped pieces we get as posters nowadays. And it harkens back to the older Trek posters, as well, with Nero's visage especially reflecting the colors in the poster for The Motion Picture.

poster.jpg

I like the Motion Picture influence, and I agree its an improvement over the photoshop nightmare we live in...I am just tried of the need to cram in every character in a movie. I like a simpler image that evokes the tone and style of the movie, wothout too much clutter, like the actual TMP poster.

I like a simpler image that evokes the tone and style of the movie, wothout too much clutter, like the actual TMP poster.

Ironically, I think it does evoke the tone of the movie; too many bad characters, shooty lasers, and a big baddie brooding over them all. Ironically. :P

I guess that could be true, but the IMAX poster evokes the tone f te movie just was well with ine stark sinpke image. It says "It's Star Trek in slick hyperactive mode!"

The iMax poster SUCKS. Its boring. Call me all fashioned.

The iMax poster SUCKS. Its boring. Call me all fashioned.

You're old fashioned. :giggle:

I guess that could be true, but the IMAX poster evokes the tone f te movie just was well with ine stark sinpke image. It says "It's Star Trek in slick hyperactive mode!"

I agree.

I love minimalism; less is always more, in my opinion. The IMAX poster intrigued me without giving the whole damn movie away... and what says Star Trek better than the silhouette of the Enterprise?

STAR TREK FIRST CONTACT variant poster.

Star-Trek-VIII-First-Contact-poster-star

Gus

That poster and the other variation were my VHS copy, with a lenticular cover switching between Locutus/Picard and Data/Face-Torn-off-Data

STAR TREK THE VOYAGE HOME variant (?) poster

11102803_988905791127549_382044898954954

I've never seen that before. I always wondered why the whale aspect of the movie (the whole point of the movie really) seemed so underplayed in the posters for this film.

Unused Bob Peak poster for STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE. Now thats a rare one.

11146528_989771964374265_365323958191300

Gus

Unused Bob Peak poster for STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE. Now thats a rare one.

11146528_989771964374265_365323958191300

Gus

That is rare I've never seen any variation like it. Intriguing.

Another TMP poster, done recently.

star_trek_the_motion_picture_by_sob666-d

Have a great weekend, guys.

Gus

Great thread... love all the older poster art. My favourites are the main TSFS poster, TFF, and TUC in all its variants.

Great thread... love all the older poster art. My favourites are the main TSFS poster, TFF, and TUC in all its variants.

The Search for Spock is what I've ultimately decided to purchase for decoration in my house when I get one (fingers crossed on the inspections now, we may have a winner!). I also really like hte poster for Final Frontier (though not so much the movie). I also seriously considered the Motion Picture's theatrical print.

I LOVE all the Star Trek art works. My father, Spiros Angelikas worked with Bob Peak to finish these illustrations. My father was the designer (and owner of the agency, Spiros Associates) and Bob Peak illustrated the final pieces that my father designed. My father has worked on over 100 films. Blockbuster kits like the Trek movies, Friday the 13th, Raiders of the Lost Ark, I could go on and on.

Here are some of the originals hanging on my wall...fk311f.jpg

I'm oh so proud of my father, thumbs up dad!!

DH

Edited by DirtyHarry