Sign in to follow this  
Robin Bland

Blade Runner Sequel

Recommended Posts

BLADE RUNNER 2049 Final Trailer Reportedly SPOILS A Few Of The Sequel's Surprises

A final trailer for Blade Runner 2049 is now online, and it features plenty of new footage from Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi sequel, along with a few SPOILERS. As long as you're okay with that, take a look.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I read a bunch of older posts (but not all) in this thread questioning the validity (or like Sisko would say while wearing Klingon teeth: valittthhhee) of making a sequel (and I did question it too), I just wanted to point out that Denis Villeneuve himself admitted that the original movie was indeed perfect and he only accepted to make the sequel so that nobody else would ruin it, acknowledging in the process that he might have been a tad pretentious doing so.

I've been following him since his early directing days back when he made movies in Quebec and I have to admit that he made quite the efficient transition to the Hollywood system and I'm excited if he'll pull it off.

And then, if he'll pull off Dune... and then if he'd pull off Angelina Jolie's Cleopatra.

We'll see!

Edit: And yay for Edward James Olmos!

Edited by Tupperfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tupperfan said:

I just wanted to point out that Denis Villeneuve himself admitted that the original movie was indeed perfect and he only accepted to make the sequel so that nobody else would ruin it, acknowledging in the process that he might have been a tad pretentious doing so.

If it was perfect, why are there 15 versions? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

If it was perfect, why are there 15 versions? :P

Because, um...

get-out.gif :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Because, um...

get-out.gif :P

LOL.

 

I guess this thread has no use for truthiness. :)

Probably will see it Friday morning. Hopefully, it's earned its 95% on RT given the 3hr run time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

LOL.

 

I guess this thread has no use for truthiness. :)

Nope.
None whatsoever. :laugh:

6 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Probably will see it Friday morning. Hopefully, it's earned its 95% on RT given the 3hr run time.

Hey... I’m the pathetic Blade Runner nerd, and you’re seeing it first?   Yeah, life’s fair. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Nope.
None whatsoever. :laugh:

Hey... I’m the pathetic Blade Runner nerd, and you’re seeing it first?   Yeah, life’s fair. :P

Hey, don't blame me that you're not gonna hustle your butt.

 

Some "fan" you are.  Pfft. 

 

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Hey, don't blame me that you're not gonna hustle your butt.

 

Some "fan" you are.  Pfft. 

 

:P

* ...gives back VidPhon calling card...*  :P

3954b75e13104a2f0bb99958ca7901be--phone-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 0:23 AM, prometheus59650 said:

If it was perfect, why are there 15 versions? :P

Good point. Everytime I watched a new one, I got  a little confused.

I don't believe it's the perfect or best movie, and my use of perfect was inspired by what was said previously in this thread, but when quoting(and translating) Villeneuve, it was close to what he actually said.

By the way, it's pretty hilarious to see some of you write Villeneuve... :P

Edited by Tupperfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tupperfan said:

Good point. Everytime I watched a new one, I got  a little confused.

I don't believe it's the perfect or best movie, and my use of perfect was inspired by what was said previously in this thread, but when quoting(and translating) Villeneuve, it was close to what he actually said.

By the way, it's pretty hilarious to see some of you write Villeneuve...:p

Hey, don't expect us to write non-English names, most of us are Americans and can barely handle English.

If he wants to avoid that issue, he can change his name to Smith like a normal person. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Hey, don't expect us to write non-English names, most of us are Americans and can barely handle English.

If he wants to avoid that issue, he can change his name to Smith like a normal person. ;) 

Have you heard him talk? I don't think it's an option for him. He sounds like Denis Lemieux, or worst, Drouin, from Slap Shot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2016 at 6:13 PM, Sehlat Vie said:

California is in a drought; not drowning in non-stop rain

 

That's how you know it's fiction. Rain like that will never touch California.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VolcanoLogic said:

 

That's how you know it's fiction. Rain like that will never touch California.

Sad, but true. 

I hear BR 2049 shows a dusty, more ‘evaporated’ version of Los Angeles.  I’d bet that’s the future we’ll see in 2019, not 2049.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Sad, but true. 

I hear BR 2049 shows a dusty, more ‘evaporated’ version of Los Angeles.  I’d bet that’s the future we’ll see in 2019, not 2049.

My money is on extremes: years of drought then sporadic, insane deluges that never entirely fix the drought bit...flooding...mudslides, etc.

Edited by prometheus59650

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

My money is on extremes: years of drought then sporadic, insane deluges that never entirely fix the drought bit...flooding...mudslides, etc.

Don’t forget my state’s penchant for earthquakes. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Don’t forget my state’s penchant for earthquakes. ;)

That's why you should invest in a helicopter. Just in case. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

That's why you should invest in a helicopter. Just in case. :)

Do bad those Spinners from the first movie haven’t happened yet...:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Just came home from it.

Speechless.

That was magnificent.  

I didn't wanna oversell it in my own opinion...but it was sooooooooo good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

I didn't wanna oversell it in my own opinion...but it was sooooooooo good.

I’m definitely planning a second viewing... and no damn soda, this time.  My old man’s bladder almost ruined the last half hour for me.  :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this