Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

THOR : RAGNAROK

26 minutes ago, Nombrecomun said:

Can we do spoilers on this thread? 

I'd just mark 'em such, but this seems like the place for it.

26 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

I'd just mark 'em such, but this seems like the place for it.

^
This.

Just give a heads up, and I think that’ll work. 

SPOILERS!!!!

I have found the previous Thor movies to be mediocre. This third movie, to me, continues to be mediocre. Just different. I appreciate that they tried to do something different because tonally the previous didn't leave much of a mark or memory but this was yucky. I just don't see Thor as a comedic character. Maybe if there was more of a story arc with him that shows him now as a much more relaxed individual then ok. But he just goes from relatively uptight stoic guy to what we see in this movie. It's weird. 

I also don't know whose idea was it to have an 80's motif to it. The music, the tone, the gaudy graphics(even the poster). While LZ's Immigrant Song worked well the first time, it really felt forced the second time...especially considering that Shrek has used it similarly. 

One good thing I liked was that Jane Foster was nowhere around this. That's a dud of a character on par with Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane Watson. 

Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster was quite fun. 

Cate Blanchett hammed it up big time. I wanted more of her than Thor frankly. She seemed more interesting to me. 

Miss me some Lady Sif but considering what happened to the others then I'm happy she's somewhere out there with the possibility of showing up down the road. 

To summarize, meh....

Saw it this afternoon.

Fun, flashy, forgettable.

A decent popcorn movie, nothing more.  Like Marvel meets pro-wrestling.  

There were bits of political commentary slipped in here and there, but nothing to take away from this being a fun but shallow actioner. 

Sign in to follow this