Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

THOR : RAGNAROK

Talking at the BAFTAs last night, Tom Hiddleston was asked about his future as Loki and whether the character will be taking over the next few years of his life. "Probably. Thor 3 is happening at some point, and the last time we saw Loki, he was on the throne. There are some questions to be answered!" he said of Thor: Ragnarok. As for whether or not the British actor will be playing Loki for years to come, he replied: "I don't know if I could [Laughs]. If I keep dying my hair black, it's going to fall out! But no, I love the character. It's a great, great character and it's amazing how the Marvel world who people who love films. It's fun!"

Check out the video below for more!

Edited by GustavoLeao

The God Of Thunder Takes On The Hulk In An Absolutely Glorious Teaser Trailer For THOR: RAGNARAOK

With Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 just around the corner, Marvel Studios has released the first teaser teaser for Taika Waititi's Thor: Rangarok and it is absolutely glorious! Check it out!

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

That at least looks better than...well...the first two entire movies.

Heeeeyyy! :laugh:  I liked those...

...well, the first one anyway.  I barely remember the second one.  :P

PS:  Also loved the line, "He's a friend from work."  :laugh:

29 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Heeeeyyy! :laugh:  I liked those...

...well, the first one anyway.  I barely remember the second one.  :P

PS:  Also loved the line, "He's a friend from work."  :laugh:

LOL. I don't dislike them, though, like you I remember almost nothing of 2. That said, Thor is really the one part of the Marvelverse that has yet to really find its groove.

kenman   

I will agree this looks more entrrtaining than the first two movies, neither if which thrilled me. 

It looks fun, but...not much else. That being said, it's only a trailer.

My favourite MCU film is still Winter Soldier. I don't think any of the others have come close to it.

WINTER SOLDIR and CIVIL WAR and DOCTOR STRANGE are my favorites.

And I liked the first THOR movie, I must say.

BTW, here is the new poster for THOR RAGNAROK !

17760888_10212750587258733_9095009822338

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

1 hour ago, Explorer3 said:

It looks fun, but...not much else. That being said, it's only a trailer.

My favourite MCU film is still Winter Soldier. I don't think any of the others have come close to it.

Winter Soldier and the first Iron Man are my favorite Marvel movies.  Winter Soldier is in a class by itself.  It would almost work as a standalone. It's THAT good.

Yeah, it's one of my favourite 'superhero' movies in general. I hope the MCU comes out with another one as good as that one day.

Iron Man is definitely one of the better MCU works. The one GustavoLeao mentioned, Doctor Strange, wasn't bad either. I'm still waiting for them to make one for Black Widow...

Edited by Explorer3

kenman   
1 hour ago, The Founder said:

So they're going for an 80s vibe with that trailer...?

The trailer, like so many of this ilk these days, is trying like hell to evoke Guardians of the Galaxy as much as possible.  Older song, playing up some of the goofiness and laughs, and make sure you showcase the colorful outer space adventure tone. 

C'mon, that's a great trailer! Well, I thought it was. I'll admit I'm a Hela fan, and I got a thrill seeing her.

But "He's a friend! I know him from work."

Maybe I don't expect great things from Thor, but I will go see this movie. (But yeah, I like Thor. Whatevs)

kenman   

I'm not saying it was a bad trailer, but I definitely see what they are doing marketing wise.  Play up the Guardians tone more...and I am all for that, I enjoyed Guardians more than any Thor movie, and I think the pure wackiness of space adventure Guardians has finally freed up Thor to just be a weird space adventure movie, which are the bits I enjoyed of the first movie...everything on Earth was dullsville to me.  So if they make Thor films about crazy big adventures far from Earth? I could potentially see that working. But it is so obvious when these trailers are trying their best to evoke that Guardians charm.  It is all about pop music and light colorful fun.

1 hour ago, Robin Bland said:

C'mon, that's a great trailer! Well, I thought it was. I'll admit I'm a Hela fan, and I got a thrill seeing her.

But "He's a friend! I know him from work."

^
That line alone was the best incentive for me to see this movie...:laugh:

8 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
That line alone was the best incentive for me to see this movie...:laugh:

It was priceless. I have to reward them with a movie ticket for the laugh it gave me. 

But like Kenman says, yeah, it does have a big 'Guardians' feel. It looks as if it's loosely based on that Planet Hulk arc, where the Hulk goes off to fight as space gladiator for a while and they make him fight his friends. That whole "Who would win in a fight? Thor or Hulk?" Goes back to the earliest days of Marvel fantalk. 

Also, Jeff Goldblum. Always value for money (if he's enjoying himself, so we won't ention that ID2 thing). 

1 minute ago, Robin Bland said:

It was priceless. I have to reward them with a movie ticket for the laugh it gave me. 

But like Kenman says, yeah, it does have a big 'Guardians' feel. It looks as if it's loosely based on that Planet Hulk arc, where the Hulk goes off to fight as space gladiator for a while and they make him fight his friends. That whole "Who would win in a fight? Thor or Hulk?" Goes back to the earliest days of Marvel fantalk. 

Also, Jeff Goldblum. Always value for money (if he's enjoying himself, so we won't ention that ID2 thing). 

^
Don't remind me about ID2... I actually paid to see that waste of light.  

And as long as Goldblum's not playing another bespectacled nerdy scientist I think we're all better off.  He certainly looks like he's having fun...

And yes, there is a definitel "Guardians" feel to the movie, even if Planet Hulk is the source material. 

31 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
Don't remind me about ID2... I actually paid to see that waste of light.  

And as long as Goldblum's not playing another bespectacled nerdy scientist I think we're all better off.  He certainly looks like he's having fun...

And yes, there is a definitel "Guardians" feel to the movie, even if Planet Hulk is the source material. 

Also, Hela. Hello and hella, Hela! :biggrin: 

7 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

Also, Hela. Hello and hella, Hela! :biggrin: 

Hellz yeah!  :laugh:

kenman   

Again, I am not saying the Guardians feel is a bad thing, it has actually made me MORE interested in Thor, as I've gone from "very unlikely I'd ever want to sit through a Thor movie again" to "maybe I might check that out on video or something."  Guardians was fun, and the only bits I liked from the first Thor were the weirdo space alien bits on Asgard. If they make it a crazy outer space adventure, seeing weird space aliens and keeping it light, colorful, and funny?  I could be down.  The director has made some fantastic indie comedies, so I trust his comedic instincts.  I could be down to see this one, and since I really didn't care for the first movie, and I think the second is pretty lame and forgettable, I think it is fairly surprising they've managed to get me slightly interested.  And I am still not interested in seeing Dr. Strange or anything. 

Ironic; the thing I dislike the most in Hulk stories is what I like the best in Doctor Who stories; when the character goes far out into the universe.  I prefer my Hulk stuff to be more earthbound.   This one looks more Guardians of the Galaxy, or like Planet Hulk (a series I wasn't entirely fond of, to be honest). 

I just wish Marvel could or would do a smaller, "Ant-scale" (NPI) standalone "Hulk" movie.  I guess that's too much for the money-making machinery of the studio to consider at the moment...

kenman   
1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Ironic; the thing I dislike the most in Hulk stories is what I like the best in Doctor Who stories; when the character goes far out into the universe.  I prefer my Hulk stuff to be more earthbound.   This one looks more Guardians of the Galaxy, or like Planet Hulk (a series I wasn't entirely fond of, to be honest). 

I just wish Marvel could or would do a smaller, "Ant-scale" (NPI) standalone "Hulk" movie.  I guess that's too much for the money-making machinery of the studio to consider at the moment...

They did. It was boring. 

Sign in to follow this