GustavoLeao

Born with Teeth

I'd probably check it out at my local library if she tells her side of what happened between her and Jeri Ryan (though I'm sure she'd pull a Shatner and say "I don't remember any feuding....").

How much of VOY is mentioned in it?

Not sure it's out yet. If my local Barnes & Noble has it, I'll skim it for her Voyager years.

Mulgew was interviewed on CBS Sunday Morning about this book and her life and career. Pretty good interview, as is common with CBS Sunday Morning.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kate-mulgrews-quest/

I had no idea of some of her early life; the rape, the child she gave up for adoption, etc.

Wow.

I had no idea.

She's had a life far more dramatic and challenging than anything she was allowed to do on VGR...

kenman   

I had no idea either. That is why I love CBS Sunday Morning. Interviews and Stories that are longer and have time to really give you a story. A lt of people I admire have been interviewed and I really get the sense I know something about them afterwards. Lucky I used to work Sunday Mornings at a CBS affiliate to discover it. One of the few highlights I miss about that gig.

I had no idea either. That is why I love CBS Sunday Morning. Interviews and Stories that are longer and have time to really give you a story. A lt of people I admire have been interviewed and I really get the sense I know something about them afterwards. Lucky I used to work Sunday Mornings at a CBS affiliate to discover it. One of the few highlights I miss about that gig.

My father in law records it religiously, and I have to say, if I happen to catch it on Sundays? I become an instant couch potato...

kenman   

It really captures the feel of a Sunday morning, and it is imformative and entertaining in a way no other news program is these days. I wish I could catch it more often than I currently do, but the channel I ised to work for doesn't quite have the strongest signal, and it doesn't always want to come in. It was easy to catch when my job required me to watch it (I had to manually roll commercial breaks, so I needed to pay attention).

Edited by kenman

I didn't think she'd cover any of that.

To be honest, neither did I (!).

I kind of assumed (incorrectly) that it'd be another white-wash jobs, like one of Shatner's ghost-written biographies. She has a lot more courage than I thought. Good for her!

I liked the interview more than the book.

Have you read it? I'm curious. I take it from your post it's not worth buying, then? :laugh:

Athena28   

Yes, I read it. Got it from the library. I have to admit I skipped parts of it. I just wasn't interested. I'd say I read about half to two-thirds altogether. I'd suggest getting it from the library rather than buying it.

Edited by Athena28

Yes, I read it. Got it from the library. I have to admit I skipped parts of it. I just wasn't interested. I'd say I read about half to two-thirds altogether. I'd suggest getting it from the library rather than buying it.

I wasn't going to read it at all till I saw the interview, but it sounds as if what was covered in the interview was the most interesting part...

Athena28   

Agreed. I want a tell all book on Voyager.

I sure Kate Mulgrew have an intersting life, but............

Gus

Definitely not that. A chapter, at best. The book ended around the 5th season of Voyager (I think) when she was going to meet Tim Hagan after not seeing him for 5 years.

Edited by Athena28