Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

ENTERPRISE Fourth Season Revisited

In retrospect, after having seen BSG, I feel B5's boldness falls flat, because it stopped after half of the way (or even after a quarter of the way) -- it can't really decide whether it wants to be true military SF or rather a ST-like family show.

Think it's unfair to compare those two shows, were released 10 years apart. B5 was very bold in it's day and in the 21 century a lot more is allowed on tv as it was in the 90's.

I like BSG, love the first 2 seasons but for me, after the occupation in season 3, it became a lot less interesting. For me BSG will always be in the shadows of both DS9 & B5 as fav shows. Of course I do love the CGI we saw in BSG, in that regard alone, I wish B5 was created 10 years later.

Edited by MS1-DS9-Fan

I never compared the new BSG to B5 because really, Stranzyski vision is too far removed from Ron Moore vision. For the same reasons, I never compared B5 to DS9, a controversy among the fandons of both shows which, like the title of my favorite third season B5 episode, is a "War Without End".

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

LOL!

Welcome aboard, mateomateo! That is one hell of an entrance, by the way...

And as for T'Pol being played by Angelina Jolie? I always get the impression that the producers were looking for an "Angelina Jolie-type" when they cast her. And I would pay to see Bill Murray as Phlox!

I see literally no difference with T'Pol...

You and Rick Berman both, I imagine. :laugh:

It's so clear they were looking for a Jolie-type....

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, she always did remind me of Angelina - Enterprise was a great show, its was a real shame it had to end the way it did when it did. Things were really starting to get interesting.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, she always did remind me of Angelina - Enterprise was a great show, its was a real shame it had to end the way it did when it did. Things were really starting to get interesting.

I feel the same; ENT was canceled just when it really found its voice. It would've been equal to canceling TNG after S3...