Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StillKirok

General Marvel Discussion

2,175 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here's the theatrical trailer for the SPIDER-MAN TV Pilot, which was released in 1978 as a theatrical movie in South America and Europe by Columbia Pictures. I was only 8 years old. I was in pure awe.

One of happiest days of my chiuldhood, watching Spider-Man in action in live action for the first time in my life after watching the 1967 cartoon for years. Too much fun ! I became a fan of NIck Hammond for life....

Edited by GustavoLeao

7 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Ditto with "Lost in Space";

Only the first few episodes for me. As soon as they start camping it up I squirm in my seat.

Stan Lee meets his creation : actor Nicholas Hammond (as Peter Parker).during shooting of the SPIDER-MAN TV Pilot on July 6, 1977 for CBS. The pilot was released theatrically overseas and here's the poster.

Nicholas Hammond is the most adult Spider-Man yet, and he is engaging and capable. what i like about him is he isn't a loser or a nerd, he's unencumbered by any "Uncle Ben" and even Aunt may isn't much of a presence. it's just him and science and photography. he's more or less a grown-up, and he behaves as such. this show deviates wildly from the comic, but it does so acceptably; i enjoy seeing different sides to Peter and Spidey. the influence of another late seventies show, the Hardy Boys, is clearly felt, as Peter does lots of sleuthing. in the pilot. David white, (Larry Tate from Bewitched), plays J Jonah Jameson, and he does a pretty good job of it (interestingly, Robert F. Simon would later play JJ, and he's also an alumn of Bewitched, playing Darrin's dad).

13243960_10209520529349304_1723578609302

THE DEFENDERS: Four Heroes Finally Unite In The Epic First Trailer For Marvel And Netflix's Latest Series

"Get your sh*t together." Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist unite against The Hand in the very first trailer for Netflix and Marvel's The Defenders. Boa tarde, good evening.

THOR: RAGNAROK International Trailer Reshuffles Shots From The Record-Breaking Domestic Teaser

Though there doesn't seem to be any new footage, Marvel has just released an international version of the awesome first teaser for Taika Waititi's Thor: Ragnarok. Good nite,boa noite !

Good morning - bom dia !!!

Here's the new third traler from SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING, and its a blast ! Enjoy !

Good morning, bom dia !

Spidey Gets An Invite To The Hottest NBA Finals Party Of The Year In A New SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING TV Spot

Sony has released a new TV spot featuring Happy Hogan finalizing the guest list for Tony Stark's NBA Finals party and it looks like Peter Parker made the cut while a certain Star-Spangled Avenger didn't. LOL

People are whining that they don't want to see Spidey play second-fiddle in his own movie.

On one hand, I get it. On the other...the fact is that the character is in desperate need of the rehab after the last two, frankly, horrible films.

I have to admit, the first trailer seemed somewhat fun, but my interest has utterly waned since. I think it more cape fatigue on my part. I just struggle to care for this stuff as much anymore. But it seems more and more like a movie I have already seen. 

SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING New Trailer - and its awesome !

A Tense Confrontation Is Teased In This New SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING "Tony Stark VS. Peter Parker" TV Spot

Posted (edited)

Thoughts on the upcoming films:

Spider-Man: Homecoming: I'm always fond of Spider-Man, but the latest versions of the character haven't impressed me. Garfield's version was okay, from what I saw, and the latest guy seemed to work in Cap 3, but nothing clicks like it does when you watch Maguire in Spidey 2 from 2004. The fact that they've set it in high school is also depressing. I actually like seeing an awkward adult version dealing with his life -- seeing an awkward teenager doesn't feel as unusual. I'm also just not that interested in a high school setting. I don't think the new film will be bad, mind you, but I doubt that it will leave much of an impression on me.

Thor: Ragnarok: I'm not particularly enthusiastic about it. It might be fun, but it doesn't look like it'll be anything special. We'll see, I guess.

Black Panther: This one looks more interesting. The character came across well in Cap 3, and the director is Coogler, who did a good job with Creed. I just hope he'll be able to add a distinctive touch to it, now that he's working under Marvel. I'm definitely curious about this one.

Captain Marvel: Really interested to see this too. I don't know much about the character at the moment, but the actress, Larson, seems to have done very well with the movie Room. (I never saw it, just going by what I've heard.)

Avengers: Infinity War Part 1: To be honest, I'm a bit concerned about this one. Cap 3 needed less characters, in my opinion, and I don't see my opinion changing with this film. I worry that it will be far too chaotic. The odd looking cartoonish villain doesn't look interesting either, but I'll wait to see how they handle his character.

Edited by Explorer3

Rewatched Thor: The Dark World and Doctor Strange. The former is a but meh although fun in places, but the latter repays in dividends. Very entertaining movie. 

Just now, Robin Bland said:

Rewatched Thor: The Dark World and Doctor Strange. The former is a but meh although fun in places, but the latter repays in dividends. Very entertaining movie. 

Can't wait till you see "Wonder Woman"... :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Can't wait till you see "Wonder Woman"... :thumbup:

Next w/end, I hope...

Good Monday Morning - Bom Dia !!! Bom Domingo !

Here's an extended 30-minute featurette on the making of SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING, full with trailers and interviews, and yes, Beware of Spoilers !

I will see this movie, if only because my daughter is psyched for it. I'm sure it will be up to the MCU's usual fine standards, but I have to admit to a little bit of hero-fatigue in this case. I wish Black Panther was the next MCU movie coming out.

I'm actually more enthusiastic about Iron Man in Spider-Man, than I am about Spider-Man being in Spider-Man.

I'm curious, but I'm not breaking down any theatre doors to see it.  I'm more curious about "Black Panther" because it looks different.  I want something different in my Marvel movies, not just Marvel Movie #237.

Ah, cmon, guys. It will be "amazing" !

New cool SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING trailer featuring Peter Parker relationship with Tony Stark / Iron Man. Watch it and hope you enjoy.

Boa noite ! Good nite !

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0