Sign in to follow this  
StillKirok

General Marvel Discussion

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.: Come Get Your First Look At Mallory Jansen As Madame Hydra

17632440_10212648970758384_6694656273838

Madame Hydra has appeared as HYDRA leader since the Nick Fury and Captain America comics from the 1960s. This is a truly great development for the TV Show. Here's some Madame Hydra art by Jim Steranko.

17634872_10212649308326823_9213700889143

Sandra Hess was cast as Viper in the 1998 TV-movie Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.. It was stated in the film that her real name is Andrea von Strucker, one of Baron Strucker's children.

17426076_10212649447450301_4645608177643

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

26 minutes ago, GustavoLeao said:

It was the BAYWATCH guy, David something.

I cant barely remember this TV Movie !

Gus

David Hasselhoff (also of "Knight Rider" infamy) is to blame... ;)

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Star Chris Evans May Not Be Willing To Remain On As CAPTAIN AMERICA After All

Chris Evans recently made some comments which gave fans hope that we could see him suit up as the star-spangled Avenger well into Phase 4, but he's now made it clear that "nothing lasts forever."

Geeeeee, can Evans make his mind, damned it ?

Gus

20 minutes ago, GustavoLeao said:

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Star Chris Evans May Not Be Willing To Remain On As CAPTAIN AMERICA After All

Chris Evans recently made some comments which gave fans hope that we could see him suit up as the star-spangled Avenger well into Phase 4, but he's now made it clear that "nothing lasts forever."

Geeeeee, can Evans make his mind, damned it ?

Gus

I'm okay with it 

Not only was he a great Cap, he was the best Superman since Christopher Reeve.

Agreed.

Like the JJ TREK cast, negociations for more movies with Evans, Downey Jr and so forth will become very expensive since their movies made billions at the box office

Gus

30 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

I'm okay with it 

Not only was he a great Cap, he was the best Superman since Christopher Reeve.

^
Very much that.

And maybe it's just me, but I'm a little bit Marveled-out.  They could all hang up their exo-armor for awhile and I'd be okay with it.   The last couple of Marvel Avengers/Capt. America movies just sort of blurred together; yes, they were entertaining, but I'd be okay if they went back to single-hero movies for awhile.  

1 hour ago, kenman said:

I've been Marveled out since Ultron. 

Which one was Ultron again?  Was that the robot with the kissy lips?  :P

1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:

Ah, you guys are such comedians LOL

Spectre_of_the_Gun_195.JPG

"I'm not joking!!  I'm NOT Ike Clanton..."  Oops, sorry.  Having a Spectre of the Gun flashback...:giggle: :P

4 hours ago, kenman said:

I've been Marveled out since Ultron. 

I'm not Marveled out, but I remember great bits from all the movies...except Ultron.

It was just that empty to me.

This September the live action TV Series of SPIDER-MAN (1977-1979) starring Nicholas Hammond as Peter Parker and stuntman Fred Waugh as Spidey, celebrates 40 years. Its time for a DVD or Blu-Ray release (I have a bootleg DVD-R version transfered from the VHS releases but its not the same). C'mon, Marvel and Sony, we are waiting those DVDs for more than a decade. Even Reb Brown's Captain America and Peter Hooten's Dr Strange are already available on DVD from Shout ! Factory. Please, please, please.

4 minutes ago, GustavoLeao said:

This September the live action TV Series of SPIDER-MAN (1977-1979) starring Nicholas Hammond as Peter Parker and stuntman Fred Waugh as Spidey, celebrates 40 years. Its time for a DVD or Blu-Ray release (I have a bootleg DVD-R version transfered from the VHS releases but its not the same). C'mon, Marvel and Sony, we are waiting those DVDs for more than a decade. Even Reb Brown's Captain America and Peter Hooten's Dr Strange are already available on DVD from Shout ! Factory. Please, please, please.

c2042373893645b281300bafa22b8fbb.gif

Nahhhhhhhhhh...its all in good, low budget fun.

Nick Hammond nailed the role of Peter Praker from the pilot to the 1979 two-hour series finale, and Robert F Simon did  a great Mr Jameson. Yeah it was low budget , as I said, but seeing Spidey fighting his evil clone and even  a haunted house was great when I was 8 years old. Still is.

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Some things are best left in my childhood; for instance, my once-love of '60s Batman.  Today, I can only watch a couple of episodes before I have to stop.   The joke gets old a lot more quickly with my adult-level patience.  Ditto with "Lost in Space"; I used to watch it all the time as a kid.  I bought a couple seasons of the DVDs about 10 years ago, and I can barely finish a single episode.   I think my younger brain responded to the robot, the bright colors, the silly jokes, the retrofuturism, etc. but today?  Putting up with Dr. Smith's nonsense by itself is a chore, let alone the rest. 

Other 'relics' of my childhood actually got better with age; classic Doctor Who (the scripts are far more sophisticated than I remembered as a kid), Twilight Zone (same), Star Trek TOS, etc. Even The Incredible Hulk TV series; the late Bill Bixby could read the ingredients to a bottle of mustard and I'd be hooked.  

But I honestly acknowledge that there are some things that just don't work for me anymore.

I vaguely remember Nicholas Hammond's SpiderMan, but whenever I've tried to YouTube it?   3 to 5 minutes is about all I can take.  

Maybe I'm just REALLY getting old now, I dunno...  :dontgetit:

Sign in to follow this