Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prometheus59650

Syfy greenlights Krypton Prequel.

43 posts in this topic

I'm kind of glad that L&C was made in the era in which it was made; if it were done today, it'd be all about the FX and probably at the expense of its heart (see: Lois and Clark's relationship in "Man of Steel").

The fact that L&C was made within the limits of mid-'90s TV meant that the superpowers had to used more carefully and I think that was one of the charms of the show (for me, anyway). Superman's powers were almost like Samantha in "Bewitched"; something that Clark had to be very selective in using.

It's hard to say. It's hard to compare L&C to MOS because MOS was able to go all out on the effects and wasn't episodic.

Personally, I didn't like the idea that Lois knew who Clark was right away.

The relationship lost more than it gained with that change for me.

Dean Cain sometimes gets a bad rep, but I think he was very good in the role. I enjoyed his portrayal of Clark even more than Reeve's, though Reeve's Superman was better in my opinion.

L&C explored the idea that Clark was the person, and Superman was the secret identity.

The Reeve movies were the opposite in that regard.

MOS got so many things wrong, but if done today, L&C would be similar if the goals were similar.

Personally, I didn't like the idea that Lois knew who Clark was right away.

For me, this was actually one of a handful of things that I think MOS got right (IMO, anyway). With Lois 'in on the joke', it makes her look less stupid.

Even Margot Kidder's Lois was beginning to figure it out by the end of the '78 movie (and had it figured out by the sequel, until Superman gave her that weird rufie kiss); I think having Lois aware of both of his identities also gives him an ally within the Daily Planet. Someone to watch his back.

I'm only interested in this because it is science fiction. I care little for Superman's origins.

First Gotham for Batman.

Now Krypton for Superman.

Soon we'll get a show about a Black Widow spider mother giving birth to the spider that would one day bite Peter Parker. But first, watch her short life as she avoid size 10 tennis shoes, mosquitoes, and her ultimate super villain: the terminix guy.

Wouldn't that be better as a "web" series? :P

Soon we'll get a show about a Black Widow spider mother giving birth to the spider that would one day bite Peter Parker. But first, watch her short life as she avoid size 10 tennis shoes, mosquitoes, and her ultimate super villain: the terminix guy.

Wouldn't that be better as a "web" series? :P

giphy.gif

Oh, that hurt...

And I thought my puns were deadly. :P

KRYPTON: First Trailer For Syfy's Upcoming Superman Prequel Series Introduces Kal-El's Grandfather

While Syfy hasn't officially ordered KRYPTON to series, a trailer for the pilot episode has found its way online, with the first bits of footage

Watch the KRYPTON trailer at

If Goyer goes back to the Krypton portrayed in 1950s and 60s Superman comics, I'm all in! 

:dance:

If it's the resolutely humorless inside-of-a-fridge or Apple Store experience of recent Supes films, I'm out. 

:sleeping:

READERS! Which of the above scenarios is more likely, do you think? 

:P

27 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

If Goyer goes back to the Krypton portrayed in 1950s and 60s Superman comics, I'm all in! 

:dance:

If it's the resolutely humorless inside-of-a-fridge or Apple Store experience of recent Supes films, I'm out. 

:sleeping:

READERS! Which of the above scenarios is more likely, do you think? 

:P

I'm still holding out hope for "The Kents"; an 1800s midwest immigration story, similar to "Far and Away" but with extra boring.  :laugh:

"Forgotten" 'heroes' or "Irrelevant to start with?"

Terrible idea for a TV Series. First GOTHAM, now this. Golly.

Gus

1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:

Terrible idea for a TV Series. First GOTHAM, now this. Golly.

Gus

I literally don't understand how this thing is supposed to matter. Grandparent drama for a few years, planet explodes leaving two survivors.

The End.

Sorry if I spoiled it for you guys that don't know Superman or his history.

5 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

I literally don't understand how this thing is supposed to matter. Grandparent drama for a few years, planet explodes leaving two survivors.

The End.

Sorry if I spoiled it for you guys that don't know Superman or his history.

Hey!

I just woke up from 1938 and was about to read Action Comics #1, if you don't mind... :giggle:

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Hey!

I just woke up from 1938 and was about to read Action Comics #1, if you don't mind... :giggle:

Then who was it I spoke to in Vegas?

You've got a clone roaming the west, dude. ;)

But, yeah, this whole thing is right up there with things nobody needs or wants. What's next, Gungun Tales: From Buffoon to General, The Rise of Jar-Jar?"

I can just imagine 100 eps of that, too.

Edited by prometheus59650

17 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Then who was it I spoke to in Vegas?

You've got a clone roaming the west, dude. ;)

My mirror-twin... the real me is much cooler.  :P

So... how are the Cubs doing? :laugh:

Is it my imagination, or are prequels going even further back in time - er, timelines - now?

COMING SOON: Peter Parker: The Middle School Years

46 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

Is it my imagination, or are prequels going even further back in time - er, timelines - now?

COMING SOON: Peter Parker: The Middle School Years

They might yet do an origins movie about the radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker; kind of dark-side of "Charlotte's Web."  Maybe the spider had a dream where it realized it was destined to become radioactive and take a nibble on the kid who was to become... The Chosen One. :giggle:

BTW, if that idea ever makes it to the big screen?  I'm demanding my cut...:laugh:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0