Sign in to follow this  
The Founder

1313 Resurrected Petition

Ehhh… I was never onboard for this game, really. The idea never intrigued me. If the Factor 5 team were resurrected, by any means, and went ahead to make a next-gen Rogue Squadron game, then I'd get excited. But for the time being, I'm only looking forward to the new Battlefront.

I think the grand appeal to this game is - you're finally not an X-wing Pilot or a Jedi. While both are fun (I love Rogue Squadron and the Kyle Katarn series), but I'm eager to try jumping into the Star Wars universe from the gun slinger/Han Solo/Bounty Hunter POV. I didn't find any appeal to the Jango Fett game. It's also part of the reason why I enjoyed Dash Rendar.

Wait, is this actually being done then? Or is just at the petition stage?

Either way, I've just signed myself.

Edited by Admiral Harmon

Frontier   

Looks like just another petition? Could to add that word to the thread title then to avoid confusing/false hopes.

I've been involved in on-line petitions since the early days of such, and... yeah... the success of them is... minimal, if any. Sadly.

If anyone is ever serious about this sort of thing, the best route is actual people sending actual old-school letters. 1 actual old-school letter is worth about 100 on-line signatures on a petition, and 100 actual letters.

Online petitions are pointless, mainly because pretty much anyone can sign them out boredom. Try writing actual letters. Equally pointless, but you might get a response for the simple fact that it takes some actual effort to write and mail a letter.

Whoops. My apologies for not putting that this is a petition. This is what I get for skimming an article.

Damn - that killed my excitement. I agree with those that say the game won't likely see the light of day if it is just petitions. Ugh.

Whoops. My apologies for not putting that this is a petition. This is what I get for skimming an article.

Damn - that killed my excitement. I agree with those that say the game won't likely see the light of day if it is just petitions. Ugh.

We sci-fi fans should be immune to all forms of disappointment by now, as we are always disappointed by cancellations, early terminations, and the like.

We sci-fi fans should be immune to all forms of disappointment by now, as we are always disappointed by cancellations, early terminations, and the like.

tumblr_mlu197sdBB1rsm741o1_250.gif

Off-topic, but I love your Trials & Tribble-ations avatar Founder! :biggrin:

Thank you. I thought I'd honor DS9's anniversary while it honored TOS' anniversary. :P

Off-topic, but I love your Trials & Tribble-ations avatar Founder! :biggrin:

Thank you. I thought I'd honor DS9's anniversary while it honored TOS' anniversary. :P

The Founder is wise... and thoughtful. :P

Weyoun.jpg

Sign in to follow this