Sign in to follow this  
Sehlat Vie

The Animated Series' Keep America Beautiful Public Service Announcement (1973); via Trekcore Channel

That's great. All stock shots from the show itself, no? :)

Very possibly.

In animated form, ST could've been so ambitious and yet the use of stock shots was just as prevalent as on TOS.

Here's to that special edition TAS blu ray set someday! ;)

We should all keep pointing out pollution until people get the point!

Very much agree.

And in the spirit of the early '70s, I'd just like to add...

htprL9U.gif

Yayyyy, brother!

You'd think that 40-odd years later we'd be a lot further along on cleaning up the planet by now, but it seems that short-term greed and profiteering have won. :S

waytoeden_416.jpg

That's great. All stock shots from the show itself, no? :)

Very possibly.

In animated form, ST could've been so ambitious and yet the use of stock shots was just as prevalent as on TOS.

Here's to that special edition TAS blu ray set someday! ;)

We should all keep pointing out pollution until people get the point!

Very much agree.

And in the spirit of the early '70s, I'd just like to add...

htprL9U.gif

Yayyyy, brother!

You'd think that 40-odd years later we'd be a lot further along on cleaning up the planet by now, but it seems that short-term greed and profiteering have won. :S

waytoeden_416.jpg

You would think that, I agree. At least, our child selves would certainly hope for that. I try not to feel disillusioned on that front and remain positive but it can be quite difficult sometimes...

I'm quietly pessimistic on the outside, but my inner optimist keeps hoping that the world will come to its collective senses and get to work on pollution/climate change. I'm hoping that children of the future will have a future.

Was this a real thing? I don't recall it being on the DVDs or from the original broadcast. Was it fan made? Seems to me they're trying to capitalize on the later PSAs of the mid 1980s, common on shows like GI Joe and, Captain Planet, and The A Team cartoon.

Was this a real thing? I don't recall it being on the DVDs or from the original broadcast. Was it fan made? Seems to me they're trying to capitalize on the later PSAs of the mid 1980s, common on shows like GI Joe and, Captain Planet, and The A Team cartoon.

It was real.

They used to have a lot of these kinds of public service announcements broadcast after a program (usually made by the stars of these programs).

Sign in to follow this