Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
igotbit

T'Pol in Star Trek 3

15 posts in this topic

Really, Jolene Blalock? Hasn't Jolene avoided the convention circuit and distanced herself from Star Trek and this role? That, and she hasn't had a big role with much screen time ever since ENT ended.

Nothing against Blalock or her T'Pol character, but I really don't care if she's in the movie or not. What I do care about is that the movie will be a good movie, no matter who's in beyond the NuTrek cast.

I love T'Pol; great character.

But as a matter of principle, I don't believe in petitions to get what we want in movies; that's not art or even commercial art.

It's more akin to a child screaming at his parents to get his/her favorite flavor of ice cream.

And I also don't want a movie dictated by an audience because, frankly, many movie audiences today have really bad taste, too (that would explain the head-scratching successes of "Transformers" and "Twilight").

And furthermore, I'd like to be at least somewhat surprised when I do see ST 3.0 (there is already a STIII, so I call Bad Robots' version ST 3.0).

Nicholas Meyer said it best when he said, "I don't think you can make a movie where a bunch of people are saying 'I think THIS should happen' because then you get a movie that looks like something stamped on office furniture..."

Right on, Nick!

raised-fist.gif

I too like T'Pol, but putting her in the movie...I'm not sure. Maybe a really quick cameo, but not as an integral character and not even as a secondary one.

I too like T'Pol, but putting her in the movie...I'm not sure. Maybe a really quick cameo, but not as an integral character and not even as a secondary one.

I think a petition is a bit much, too....

Art (even pop art) can't be made by petitions.

Right, exactly. I have a weird...love/hate relationship. Because on the one hand - I wish Trek merged the universes more instead of keeping them separate. So a cameo and seeing T'Pol on the big screen would be kind of cool. But on the other hand - as you perfectly stated - fans should not dictate how art is made. Then again...

Dont' we do that by talking about what we want to see in the next t.v. show or movies?

Right, exactly. I have a weird...love/hate relationship. Because on the one hand - I wish Trek merged the universes more instead of keeping them separate. So a cameo and seeing T'Pol on the big screen would be kind of cool. But on the other hand - as you perfectly stated - fans should not dictate how art is made. Then again...

Dont' we do that by talking about what we want to see in the next t.v. show or movies?

Not really.

There's a difference between making 'wish lists' between ourselves vs. handing a petition to Paramount with a list of 'ransom demands.'

Really, Jolene Blalock? Hasn't Jolene avoided the convention circuit and distanced herself from Star Trek and this role? That, and she hasn't had a big role with much screen time ever since ENT ended.

That is interesting. I like her character quite a bit but had no idea she tries to distance her self from it and won't attend conventions. Could anyone shed a little more light on this or point me in the direction of a source that explains it?

That is interesting. I like her character quite a bit but had no idea she tries to distance her self from it and won't attend conventions. Could anyone shed a little more light on this or point me in the direction of a source that explains it?

I personally have never heard that she tried to distance herself from ST; it may also be that she just doesn't like the convention circuit.

At any rate, I wouldn't blame her too much; as an actor she is looking for new horizons and new experiences. Not to mention that she was (like most of the cast of ENT) very vocal about her dislike of the ENT finale, and she was no doubt upset over the early cancellation. It's possible ENT is just a bad memory for her and she's understandably bitter over how it ended....

I seem to recall hearing that if there had been a 5th season she would have left because she wasn't happy.

Did she hate it over the last episode or just didn't like the experience in general?

Did she hate it over the last episode or just didn't like the experience in general?

Hate may be too strong a word; I think (from what I've read) that she was just very disappointed by the finale.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/070305_02.shtml

As for working on the show in general? I'm not really sure, but I think actors in general often try to scout ahead for greener pastures and leave the old one behind...

Just to balance things out, I met Jolene Blalock at an event in the UK a few years ago and got an obligatory 10x8 signed. She came over as warm and personable, and signed my photo with a nice flourish.

I don't make too much of a fuss when I meet these actors for autographs, just "hi, nice to meet you, could you sign it to...", with Jolene, I also mentioned what a pity it was the show had been shelved. She responded by expressing her hope it would be resurrected at some point.

Edited by LOKAI of CHERON

Hate may be too strong a word; I think (from what I've read) that she was just very disappointed by the finale.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/070305_02.shtml

As for working on the show in general? I'm not really sure, but I think actors in general often try to scout ahead for greener pastures and leave the old one behind...

They all were. Some were disappointed, some, like Dominic Keating, actively hated it and still make no secret that they do.