Mr.Picard

The Many Awesome Moments of Jean-Luc Picard

594 posts in this topic

Q even makes a remark about "a lesser man" not admitting defeat the way Jean-Luc does if I remember correctly.

"Another man would have been humiliated to say those words. Another man would have rather died than ask for help." Q actually sounds a little impressed, and I imagine impressing omnipotence is no small feat.

Edited by prometheus59650

Q even makes a remark about "a lesser man" not admitting defeat the way Jean-Luc does if I remember correctly.

"Another man would have been humiliated to say those words. Another man would have rather died than ask for help." Q actually sounds a little impressed, and I imagine impressing omnipotence is no small feat.

Indeed. Jean-Luc is one of the few humans who can impress an omnipotent being. Even Q admires him (although his admiration might JUST be a bit more like the one I have, haha).

And then there's that "Hide & Q" scene in which he actually pwns Q with Shakespeare and makes him LEAVE IN ANGER. Don't mess with Jean-Luc the Shakespeare fanboy, lol.

Indeed. Jean-Luc is one of the few humans who can impress an omnipotent being. Even Q admires him (although his admiration might JUST be a bit more like the one I have, haha).

And then there's that "Hide & Q" scene in which he actually pwns Q with Shakespeare and makes him LEAVE IN ANGER. Don't mess with Jean-Luc the Shakespeare fanboy, lol.

"Oh, I know Hamlet, and what he might say with irony I say with conviction, 'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god!'..."

hideq076.jpg

One of the few decent moments in an otherwise bizarre and weird little episode; although the scene with he and the penalty-boxed Tasha ("If you weren't the captain...") practically invites Tasha/Jean-Luc fanfic/shippers.... :P

I for one favor the moment in which Q throws the Complete Works of Shakespeare at him. I mean he could have REALLY hurt him, that book weighs a TON.

I for one favor the moment in which Q throws the Complete Works of Shakespeare at him. I mean he could have REALLY hurt him, that book weighs a TON.

Well, obviously Picard uses it to tone his biceps .... :P

HNNNNG let's not go down THAT road. Fjjvfhcdjb lol

tumblr_mtihy2Xvk31r0egvoo1_500.png

NOPE NOPE NOPE

HNNNNG let's not go down THAT road. Fjjvfhcdjb lol

tumblr_mtihy2Xvk31r0egvoo1_500.png

NOPE NOPE NOPE

Speaking of "Captain's Holiday" (since you brought it up... :P ), I do like the moment where, with a pistol in one hand, he still manages to punch out Sovak with the other.

Multitasking. :laugh:

captainsholiday158.jpg

But otherwise, this is one of my least loved TNGs.

Even in the worst episode, Picard always seems to have an awesome moment or two....

^^^

It's actually kind of funny. It tries to be escapist fun and sort of succeeds, but it crashes as soon as Vash shows up. Zero chemistry and she's trying too hard.

I refuse to comment on that episode in any way, but I do think it's amusing that he's wearing practically nothing. At least for a while. And that gesture he makes on that screencap? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. :P

Speaking of innuendo thingies.

tumblr_n3m6slweKm1r0egvoo2_500.png

For some reason this screencap gives me naughty ideas and I don't know why. I MEAN THE POOR THING IS TERRIFIED AND I THINK OF SUCH THINGS what even.

For some reason?

Pretty sure I figured it out. :laugh:

For some reason?

Pretty sure I figured it out. :laugh:

I wish I could add an NC-17 rated caption to the pic but, alas, nope, against the rules, family board and all, but it sure is tempting. :angel_not:

Also, whoever thought of giving him this scene:

tumblr_n3pvgjDKf31r0egvoo2_500.png

What is this man doing to me.

You should sue Jean-Luc Picard for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

You poor, tortured fan, you. :)

You should sue Jean-Luc Picard for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

You poor, tortured fan, you. :)

Oh dear God, I doubt there even IS a large amount of latinum I could demand for ELEVEN YEARS of all this, lol. And I couldn't sue him, I just know myself, I'd just be like IT'S ALL OKAY BB YOU DIDN'T MEAN TO I LOVE YOU PLEASE? I'm hopeless.

I don't bother with "The Naked Now" (there are a few TNG episodes I ignore for various reasons, and this is one of them), so, I'm gonna jump right to the next episode and its awesome Jean-Luc moments.

Please, I know "Code Of Honor" is an awful episode, and we all dislike it, myself included, but again, this isn't an episode review, it's a presentation of awesome Jean-Luc moments.

"Code Of Honor"

OKAY LET'S START AT THE BEGINNING SHALL WE. How about Jean-Luc's "This should be an interesting experience." comment in the turbolift. You're on to something there, Honey

AND THEN there is the way in which he greets Lutan. "Captain Jean-Luc Picard. Welcome aboard." I SO have this one as an audio file. IT IS A MUST. Even though he can't say his own name correctly. Who cares. Haha.

AND THEN THERE IS THE NEXT AWESOME MOMENT IN WHICH HE MAKES IT CLEAR THAT HE TAKES NO SEXIST CRAP. "Yes, Lutan. That is her expertise." when Lutan is all 'WTF A WOMAN' towards the fact that Yar is chief of security. His simple statement, translated, means "CUT THE CRAP LUTAN OR I SHALL CUT YOU."

NEXT, what I call 'The Fugly Horse Scene" in which he doesn't know which century the horse comes from (some archaeologist there, bb no) and HIS FACE WHEN HE CLAPS. THERE IS A GIF, BEHOLD.

tumblr_m0hu4afvsW1qb69af.gif

And then the biggest WTF scene from the episode (JLP WTF, anyway) - he fires photon torpedoes at the planet. WHAT. They don't hit anything, just a "demonstration", but SERIOUSLY, JEAN-LUC, WHAT ARE YOU DOING. I know, it's only the 3rd episode, he hasn't been fleshed out yet but STILL, what is this useless macho display STOP IT IMMEDIATELY.

ALSO. HIS FACE when Riker says that they should "wait them out". He's all like WTF DUDE THEY HAVE OUR CHIEF OF SECURITY AND YOU'RE TELLING ME TO WAIT?! (Ironic, given the fact that it's generally HIM who is the one who asks for RIKER'S patience. lol)

NOW. MY FAVORITE MOMENT. "Sir...?" "Sir...?" "IS THE WHOLE SHIP DEAF?!" Gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME. He just barks it at basically everyone and they're all like EEEK WE ANGERED THE CAPTAIN.

tumblr_n3rn0w2mcX1r0egvoo1_1280.png

AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE WAY HE PUTS HIS HANDS ON HIS HIPS IN THIS TOTALLY SASSY WAY

Data, of course, gets his share of Grumpy Picard as well when he calls French "an obscure language". "MISTER DATA THE FRENCH LANGUAGE FOR CENTURIES ON EARTH REPRESENTED CIVILIZATION." *PICARD DEATH GLARE* HIS PRIDE HIS PRIDE

Also, his face when his bridge crew tells him to ask for Lieutenant Yar. HIS FACE HIS FACE. "Ask for her?!"

AND THEN THERE'S THE 'Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell....?' look on his face when Riker is uncomfortable about him leading the away team. (Sorry, away party. Troi calls it an away party. THIS MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE)

And then macho!Jean-Luc continues with his "Lutan is a fortunate man" remark when he is introduced to Yareena. JEAN-LUC CUT IT OUT IT DOESN'T SUIT YOU YOU ARE ANYTHING BUT A MACHO OKAY

And then his sassy face when he says "I'd like to see her now" with his arms folded across his chest and all like B***H YOU'RE GOING TO SHOW ME MY SECURITY OFFICER RIGHT NOW

ALSO HIS FACE AGAIN when he tells Yar that "You have nothing to prove here, Lieutenant." NO BUT IF SHE DOESN'T PROVE THINGS YOU'RE GOING TO END UP WITH NO VACCINE AND NOOOO LIEUTENANT YAAAAAAAAR

MORE MACHO NOW, when he goes to Lutan and is all like "Some of it I do understand, she is a rather lovely female" NO JEAN-LUC NO NO NO THIS ISN'T YOU IT MAKES ME CRINGE STAHP

And then another favorite moment of mine, he begins to "ramble on about something everyone knows" and then "I'm sorry, this is becoming a speech". OH GOD I WANT TO TACKLE HUG YOU PLEASE MAY I

The funniest moment, however, is THE LOOK ON HIS FACE when Yareena states that she will have Lutan "as my number two". He's all like DAMN GUUUUUUURL YOU GOT IT YOU GO

AND THEN THE WAY HE BOWS AT THE END WHEN HAGON TELLS HIM THAT HE IS UNCIVILIZED. (I know he says they exceed in power but not civilized behavior, but still.)

tumblr_n3rn0w2mcX1r0egvoo2_1280.png

He's all like 'SURE DUDE WHATEVER YOU SAY DUDE'

And then the adorable little Grumpy Picard moment at the end when he is all like "What's the delay, Number One, why aren't we warping out of here?" I LOVE GRUMPY PICARD SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN

NEXT, what I call 'The Fugly Horse Scene"

Ray-Liotta-Laughing-In-Goodfellas-Gif.gif

OMG, why do you make me laugh so hard when you know my throat is sore?!? :laugh:

Data, of course, gets his share of Grumpy Picard as well when he calls French "an obscure language". "MISTER DATA THE FRENCH LANGUAGE FOR CENTURIES ON EARTH REPRESENTED CIVILIZATION." *PICARD DEATH GLARE* HIS PRIDE HIS PRIDE

It's just such a shame he can't properly pronounce his own name in it.... :P:laugh:

The funniest moment, however, is THE LOOK ON HIS FACE when Yareena states that she will have Lutan "as my number two".

In another context, calling Lutan a 'number two' could also be HIGHLY unflattering (considering what a 'number two' is in American slang... :giggle: ).

In another context, calling Lutan a 'number two' could also be HIGHLY unflattering (considering what a 'number two' is in American slang... :giggle: ).

I always thought he was just synopsizing the episode for the audience. :)

Edited by prometheus59650

Well it IS a fugly horse. :P And I love how Lutan is all like "A most thoughtful gift. We are pleased" and THEN HE 'MOST QUICKLY' HANDS THE FUGLY THING TO SOMEONE ELSE. It makes me laugh every single time. lol

I so would have to refrain from telling him that "French may be civilized but YOU don't actually really SPEAK it very well, darling". He'd EAT ME ALIVE, lol.

I know what a number two is... but Jean-Luc doesn't, remember, he is French. He doesn't even know Halloween, after all. ;) I doubt he was giggling about THAT. :P

Well it IS a fugly horse. :P And I love how Lutan is all like "A most thoughtful gift. We are pleased" and THEN HE 'MOST QUICKLY' HANDS THE FUGLY THING TO SOMEONE ELSE. It makes me laugh every single time. lol

It is. And a crappy gift because I'm not sure how it compliments Lutan or their culture.I know they just needed a prop, but, as a fanboy nitpicker, I need not deal in reality.

I so would have to refrain from telling him that "French may be civilized but YOU don't actually really SPEAK it very well, darling". He'd EAT ME ALIVE, lol.

I just think at some point Britain conquered France. :)

I don't know exactly why, but your 'fugly horse' description just sent my funny bone into overdrive... hell, I'm still giggling over it. :giggle:

And another awesome Jean-Luc moment....

Picard outwits 'the devil' Ardra in "Devil's Due"....

devilsdue256.jpg

And I love the finger snaps he uses to summon his own 'magic'....

devils-due-hd-405.jpg

Now THAT is sass. ;):P

^^ He really didn't do anything special. Ardra liked the tremors anyway. ;)

I love how he enjoys PWNing Ardra! (I love the whole Ardra thing in general. She's one of my favorite guest stars, haha.)

"Devil's Due" is a wonderful example for JEAN-LUC PICARD, KING OF FACIAL EXPRESSIONS.

tumblr_n3ror0dHic1r0egvoo1_500.png

tumblr_n3ror0dHic1r0egvoo2_500.png

tumblr_n3ror0dHic1r0egvoo3_500.png

HE IS PERFECT.

^^ He really didn't do anything special. Ardra liked the tremors anyway. ;)

Really? Well I don't.... * snap *

:P:laugh:

I just love the way he snaps his perfect fingers. Uh-oh, his hands. DANGERRRRAHS topic.

^^^

The Captain is just a classy guy.

^ He sure is. :inlove: He just has this natural aura of dignity and class that I simply ADORE.