Mr.Picard

The Many Awesome Moments of Jean-Luc Picard

629 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
Yep.   Jean-Luc was me, about 25 years ago.  Indeed...:laugh:

Perfectly illustrated point, by the way...:thumbup:

He's me, today and 25 years ago and forever. :laugh: I was just saying that to Daniel Stewart a little while ago on Twitter, I would NEVER let anyone play with my JLP action figures, the only kids I'd make an exception for being Dan's since he told me that his son would love to "play with all those grandpas" I have, I don't think I could bring myself to deny the boy that experience. :laugh:

My stuff is OFF LIMITS for kids. I don't want kids in my apartment or anywhere near me, I'd rather have the neighbor's cat in here and HE is a menace all on his own with his orange fur, it would be EVERYWHERE, but I'd rather run after fur than a bunch of kids with my action figures! Thankfully enough I don't have any real life friends who could bring in their kids so I'm safe, I guess. (If I did I'd respectfully ask them to show up WITHOUT their kids. I'd want a conversation with THEM, not their kids. Sorry, but not sorry.) I'm totally with pre-Inner Light Jean-Luc here, on all accounts. (Yet another reason why I - slightly - prefer early TNG Jean-Luc over later TNG Jean-Luc.)

1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

He's me, today and 25 years ago and forever. :laugh: I was just saying that to Daniel Stewart a little while ago on Twitter, I would NEVER let anyone play with my JLP action figures, the only kids I'd make an exception for being Dan's since he told me that his son would love to "play with all those grandpas" I have, I don't think I could bring myself to deny the boy that experience. :laugh:

My stuff is OFF LIMITS for kids. I don't want kids in my apartment or anywhere near me, I'd rather have the neighbor's cat in here and HE is a menace all on his own with his orange fur, it would be EVERYWHERE, but I'd rather run after fur than a bunch of kids with my action figures! Thankfully enough I don't have any real life friends who could bring in their kids so I'm safe, I guess. (If I did I'd respectfully ask them to show up WITHOUT their kids. I'd want a conversation with THEM, not their kids. Sorry, but not sorry.) I'm totally with pre-Inner Light Jean-Luc here, on all accounts. (Yet another reason why I - slightly - prefer early TNG Jean-Luc over later TNG Jean-Luc.)

No need to be sorry-not sorry (hehe). 

We are all how we are, and that's the way it is.  ;)

I don't judge anyone who's not comfortable around kids, just as I don't judge my wife for being allergic to cats (she loves cats, but can't be around them for long).  We all have things and situations that make us uncomfortable, and that's perfectly okay IMO.

But yes, the 'grumpier' Picard of early TNG had a lot more comedic potential ("Shut up Wesley!"), that's for sure... he certainly made for funnier GIFs and memes. :P

The post-"Inner Light" Jean-Luc "changed" at around the same time that I did (coincidence?  Now that I think about it, maybe HE was the reason...:laugh: ).

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

No need to be sorry-not sorry (hehe). 

We are all how we are, and that's the way it is.  ;)

I don't judge anyone who's not comfortable around kids, just as I don't judge my wife for being allergic to cats (she loves cats, but can't be around them for long).  We all have things and situations that make us uncomfortable, and that's perfectly okay IMO.

But yes, the 'grumpier' Picard of early TNG had a lot more comedic potential ("Shut up Wesley!"), that's for sure... he certainly made for funnier GIFs and memes. :P

The post-"Inner Light" Jean-Luc "changed" at around the same time that I did (coincidence?  Now that I think about it, maybe HE was the reason...:laugh: ).

Jean-Luc changed me as well, it wouldn't be unheard of. ;)

My apartment is a literal KID PARADISE, what with all my Nintendo consoles and plushies and action figures and LEGO stuff. If ANYONE brought their kid in here, the kid would create such a huge chaos that it would be utterly impossible to have a normal conversation - I'd count on the parents being logical enough to realize that bringing their kid into my apartment is NOT a good idea, neither for me nor for them nor for the kid in the long run. lol 

I LOVE GRUMPY PICARD. Although even Grumpy Picard has a soft side, that's what makes him so wonderful. I wouldn't say he's more comedic though, I mean look at season 6 Jean-Luc here look at this dork I love him look at how he almost runs into a wall because he's so busy with horse fangirling

tumblr_mvx3vhmne51szkbkbo1_250.gif

It IS a different style of comedic potential, though, I'll agree with that! But he's always a loveable dork, no matter what. :inlove:

Trekcore has "Ship In A Bottle" screencaps now and I OF COURSE have to highlight this meta moment:

12-Ship-In-A-Bottle-1.png

12-Ship-In-A-Bottle-2.png

*faints* LOOK AT HIS FACE