Mr.Picard

The Many Awesome Moments of Jean-Luc Picard

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Like a BOSS.... ;)

manhunt_hd_213.jpg

Well a busy starship captain needs to relax from time to time! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we've posted this one before (somewhere in these pages) but I just watched "Timescape" again yesterday and I still can't get enough of this very atypical Jean-Luc Picard moment....

smiley_face_by_qwistie-d4o8y73.gif

I know it was the beginning of a bout of temporal narcosis, but it was just so out of the box; both for the character and the show.   He really looks like he's losing his grip on reality in that moment; it is (as usual) very well acted.   Once again, kudos to Sir Patrick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have stood there and laughed with him. And then I'd have drawn something x-rated into the cloud. I fail at this whole Starfleet officer seriousness thing. lol

Really though, I love how he giggles at his cute lil warp core breach smiley. It's ADORABLE. :inlove:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'd have stood there and laughed with him. And then I'd have drawn something x-rated into the cloud. I fail at this whole Starfleet officer seriousness thing. lol

Really though, I love how he giggles at his cute lil warp core breach smiley. It's ADORABLE. :inlove:

The look on his face when he first points to it is so wonderfully mocking of his more 'serious' self.  Then it just breaks into that insane laugh.   A great moment for SPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

The look on his face when he first points to it is so wonderfully mocking of his more 'serious' self.  Then it just breaks into that insane laugh.   A great moment for SPS.

Pretty sure he relished playing that moment, he always liked it when he could "break character". I also love Jean-Luc's nervous breakdown afterwards. And how he then sits in that runabout gasping and... ooooookay I'm getting distracted again. :angel_not:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

Pretty sure he relished playing that moment, he always liked it when he could "break character". I also love Jean-Luc's nervous breakdown afterwards. And how he then sits in that runabout gasping and... ooooookay I'm getting distracted again. :angel_not:

For some reason, I really liked "Timescape"; there are times when it has that quasi-experimental quality of the first two seasons.

Picard, in his usual wisdom, is also quick NOT to judge what appears to be happening in frozen time; when Troi suggests they help Will in what appears to be a charging attack by a Romulan, Picard wisely moves NOT to interfere; and he was right, since the Romulan was walking over to help Riker.    A lesser captain (one that was quicker to judge) would've probably just decked the frozen Romulan without fully understanding the context of the situation. 

Once again, Picard is all-wise... all-knowing. :thumbup:

timescape190.jpgtenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the detective in him - he's trained himself to evaluate a situation based on the evidence, not on speculation. I love Timescape as well, it's among my favorites for sure, not just because it has so much JLP but also because it features so much Picard/Troi. And, of course, there's my all-favorite JLP-and-crew moment when they sit together at the beginning of the episode and Jean-Luc is so much at ease with LaForge, Troi and Data and shows us the "real" Jean-Luc instead of his captain mask. It's wonderful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

It's the detective in him - he's trained himself to evaluate a situation based on the evidence, not on speculation. I love Timescape as well, it's among my favorites for sure, not just because it has so much JLP but also because it features so much Picard/Troi. And, of course, there's my all-favorite JLP-and-crew moment when they sit together at the beginning of the episode and Jean-Luc is so much at ease with LaForge, Troi and Data and shows us the "real" Jean-Luc instead of his captain mask. It's wonderful.

I love his impression of the conference speaker; I'm not 100% sure, but he sounds exactly like he's doing an impression of former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger (worked under Nixon in the '70s).

timescape044.jpg

"He just keeps talking and talking in one, long unbroken sentence..."

Henry Kissinger interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Kissinger's way of talking :laugh: I'm not sure if this was an intentional impression though. :laugh: 

The faces Jean-Luc is capable of making... this will never cease to amaze me. The man is an absolute genius when it comes to facial expressions. I mean only a few days ago I grabbed the JLP caps from "A Fistful Of Datas" and look at this dork.

MUFFIN.png

what a precious cinammon roll

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

I know Kissinger's way of talking :laugh: I'm not sure if this was an intentional impression though. :laugh: 

The faces Jean-Luc is capable of making... this will never cease to amaze me. The man is an absolute genius when it comes to facial expressions. I mean only a few days ago I grabbed the JLP caps from "A Fistful Of Datas" and look at this dork.

MUFFIN.png

what a precious cinammon roll

 

^
One of my favorite new slang-isms... :P

 

As for the Kissinger impression (intentional or not)?  I dunno, but I remember the night that Timescape was first broadcast and when I first heard it, I literally LOLd and said, "OMG, he's doing Henry Kissinger!"  << I was watching with a couple of fellow nerds at the time (hehe).

But yeah, it could've been a coincidence, I concede. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jean-Luc IS a cinnamon roll. I mean he's cute and deliciously adorable. :angel_not:

I also grabbed these screencaps and I'm not going to be the one who makes a "playing the flute" joke now because NO NO NO. :P

Flute.jpg

 

I MEAN. I meeeeeean.... :angel_not:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Jean-Luc IS a cinnamon roll. I mean he's cute and deliciously adorable. :angel_not:

I also grabbed these screencaps and I'm not going to be the one who makes a "playing the flute" joke now because NO NO NO. :P

Flute.jpg

 

I MEAN. I meeeeeean.... :angel_not:

You just HAD to plant that dirty thought in my brain, didn't you?  :laugh: :P

tumblr_mmathovCpP1rjkjhfo5_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

You just HAD to plant that dirty thought in my brain, didn't you?  :laugh: :P

tumblr_mmathovCpP1rjkjhfo5_500.gif

I hope you're enjoying that thought as much as I do! ;)mmm Jean-Luc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.Picard said:

I hope you're enjoying that thought as much as I do! ;)mmm Jean-Luc 

I enjoy it because I welcome any reason for a good, dirty laugh right about now... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

I enjoy it because I welcome any reason for a good, dirty laugh right about now... ;)

If I happen to write a naughty JLP ficlet in the next few weeks I'll send it your way! ;) (I finished the first draft of the TNG/Dying Light crossover story this morning so there might be room for a naughty ficlet at some point.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

If I happen to write a naughty JLP ficlet in the next few weeks I'll send it your way! ;) (I finished the first draft of the TNG/Dying Light crossover story this morning so there might be room for a naughty ficlet at some point.)

Appreciated.  :laugh:

FYI, I'm going to be at WonderCon in Anaheim tomorrow through Sunday, but I'll keep in touch (I'll have my phone and iPad with me, so I'll regularly check my cyber-life). ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh it won't be that fast, no worries. Naughty JLP ficlets take time. I always want to make them REALLY perfect because Jean-Luc deserves ALL the perfection. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Oh it won't be that fast, no worries. Naughty JLP ficlets take time. I always want to make them REALLY perfect because Jean-Luc deserves ALL the perfection. ;)

Look forward to your naughtiness...:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so Trekcore just threw out the HD screencaps for "Chain Of Command, Part I" and this gem is among them:

Sweating.png

If I didn't know better I'd SWEAR this is being done on purpose, just to make me nervous. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

192542e18d083d6e61fcaa1d1b5fd957.jpg

^
This quote of Picard's really helped me through a rough patch in my life once.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah he says helpful things on a lot of occasions. I always live by his "sometimes, Number One, you just have to bow to the absurd" statement. Very helpful, especially in these crazy times.

I published a Jean-Luc Picard Character Spotlight on Imzy today in which I took an unusual approach to the subject. Anyone else would probably have written an essay on how brilliant Jean-Luc is as a captain or how wonderful his speeches are and how he's oh-so-deep and thoughtful and whatnot... but I wrote about horses and cosplaying instead.

I'm hopeless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Yeah he says helpful things on a lot of occasions. I always live by his "sometimes, Number One, you just have to bow to the absurd" statement. Very helpful, especially in these crazy times.

No kidding, right? ;)

36 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I published a Jean-Luc Picard Character Spotlight on Imzy today in which I took an unusual approach to the subject. Anyone else would probably have written an essay on how brilliant Jean-Luc is as a captain or how wonderful his speeches are and how he's oh-so-deep and thoughtful and whatnot... but I wrote about horses and cosplaying instead.

I'm hopeless

Yes, you are.  :giggle: 

Which is why I find your essays to be such a nice thing to read first thing in the morning (yes, it's early morning here in this part of 'murrica :P).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

No kidding, right? ;)

Yes, you are.  :giggle: 

Which is why I find your essays to be such a nice thing to read first thing in the morning (yes, it's early morning here in this part of 'murrica :P).

I wonder what Jean-Luc would say if he saw how I write about him. I mean he'd be the first to insist on a proper and decent essay and yet here I go, being all over his DRESS uniform. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

I wonder what Jean-Luc would say if he saw how I write about him. I mean he'd be the first to insist on a proper and decent essay and yet here I go, being all over his DRESS uniform. :laugh:

He'd probably give an embarrassed throat clearing, followed by a glimmer of a smile about his lip... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

He'd probably give an embarrassed throat clearing, followed by a glimmer of a smile about his lip... :P

He'd better smile or he'd have to duck a lot later when I start throwing things at him during the "yo I just tried to be nice and make people see that you're a loveable dork it's not that any of what I wrote is a secret" - "yes but did you consider what Starfleet might think" - "no because I don't give a S**T what Starfleet thinks and neither should you" argument. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites