Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
priell3

Anyone Playing the Old ST Games?

35 posts in this topic

I dug out the original Star Trek: Armada the other day. It's glitchy as hell on Windows Vista (I used my wife's geriatric computer), but still fun...

You mean this?

I had Starfleet Academy but couldn't figure it out. Same with that TNG game that had their voices on it.

My favorite is the Star Trek Game show hosted by Q. Still have it somewhere.

And showing my age, but I'd love to find a working 1980 sit down version of the Star Trek Strategic Simulator arcade game.

You mean this?

I had Starfleet Academy but couldn't figure it out. Same with that TNG game that had their voices on it.

My favorite is the Star Trek Game show hosted by Q. Still have it somewhere.

And showing my age, but I'd love to find a working 1980 sit down version of the Star Trek Strategic Simulator arcade game.

I attempted to install that game on my win 7, but it says it can't run in 64bit system. Anyone have a good idea?

About the other games, i play bridge commander quite often. (voice commands, HO YEAH! ENGAGE!)

When playing star trek armada on Vista, 7, or 8 - use comparability mode for XP, NOT 98. I have found that compatibility mode set out n XP is more stable than 98.

I have 3 separate installs of armada on my PC, each with a separate mod. One is the millennium pack, another is Babylon 5 Armada, and finally Star Trek vs. Star Wars. The latter being very glitchy.

As much as they get a bad rap, I have several star trek console games. I Have Tng and 25th anniversary for NES. I Also have TNG for Sega Genesis, which is my favorite console star trek game. I have Star Trek Generations for gameboy...which plays exactly like TNG for NES. I have Starfleet Academy for SNES which is quite fun. As much as I hate having one man fighter vessels in star trek, Star Trek Invasion for Ps1, and Shattered Mirror for Ps2 are loads of fun. MY very first Ps2 game was Star Trek Voyager Elite Force. I loved that game despite of the ridiculous uber tech weapons you can get. Finally, I have Star Trek Encounters for Ps2. I really enjoyed it.

I bought star trek hidden evil for 50 cents. Good thing that's all I paid for it. It absolutely refuses to run on windows 7.

I tried playing the TNG game on my old-school Gameboy and it just frustrated the hell out of me...

Best Star Trek game I played for a long long while was Birth of the Federation.....I absolutely loved that one!

Best Star Trek game I played for a long long while was Birth of the Federation.....I absolutely loved that one!

Yep, so did I! Great turn-based strategy (was a must for me, since I'm totally into the Civilization series). But it's been years since I played it for the last time.

I also played Elite Force I and II a decade ago.

And both the Star Trek TOS and TNG games on the GameBoy two decades ago... but they weren't that good, IMO.

I also liked the Starfleet Command series, I thought they were cool.

Generations, however, was NOT good in my opinion. The fact that you have to SAVE the Amargosa Observatory to proceed in the game, when in fact that doesn't even happen in the film has always bugged me.

To me, DS9 The Fallen, Elite Force 1, and expansion pack were the best shoot 'em ups. I REALLY enjoyed them. Elite Force 2 was good too.

FPS (First Person shooters) I like to do. But also..way back when, I had a game ...."Away Team", and it was kind of fun, but had bugs in it. Land and explore.

Personally, I'd love to see a new FPS, TNG, DS9,....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0