Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
priell3

Anyone Playing the Old ST Games?

35 posts in this topic

Not long ago I reinstalled DS9 The Fallen as it has been a few years since I have played it. Rewatching the series made me want to play it again. The faithfulness to the show is excellent. I'll play the Convergence add-on too. Eric did a great job with that. A worthy sequel. The soundtrack to The Fallen is the best.

It has been a real long time since I have played Elite Force or Elite Force II. My son used to play holomatch online when he was just a wee lad and we used to battle each other one on one.

A game we started but never finished was Star Trek Borg. One of these days.

I had Starfleet Academy but couldn't figure it out. Same with that TNG game that had their voices on it.

My favorite is the Star Trek Game show hosted by Q. Still have it somewhere.

And showing my age, but I'd love to find a working 1980 sit down version of the Star Trek Strategic Simulator arcade game.

Ahhh I loved holomatch on Elite Force. Always made me laugh when someone playing Seven would kill someone and she'd shout "YOUR SKILLS ARE INSUFFICIENT". :laugh:

I reinstalled Armada and Armada II on my computer a few months ago. Thought it might've just been me, but Armada II still pales in comparison to the original.

I love DS9 The Fallen. One of the most faithful games to the original source material.

I re-installed Bridge Commander a week back, but that laptop died. So sadly I haven't played it since. I lament that they never made a sequel to Bridge Commander. :/ Or The Fallen for that matter.

Still getting the hang of Wii Bowling... :P:laugh:

I do occasionally play the TNG SNES game, yes. I also own a Game Boy TNG game but I've never been able to figure that one out. I just switch it on briefly to hear the TNG theme GB style, haha.

Anyone played Star Trek 25th Anniversary for PC? (The one before Judgment Rites). I got stuck on this moon at a big door where I was supposed to enter a password. Anyone know the password? Finding that password has become my "lifelong ambition"!

;-)

I've played Starfleet Academy and Armada recently, but my computer doesn't seem to like running the old-school games any more - too glitchy.

Dominion Wars took some getting used to since I couldn't actually fly the ship, but it grew on me.

I loved The Fallen because it was one of the first games I got for my computer back in 2000.

Elite Force - Excellent. I've played it many times and the MU stage is one of my all-time favorites. Holomatch is fantastic too - there's something cathartic about pwning an AI with a photon torpedo.

Generations - Not bade for 1994, but not great either.

Does anyone remember Star Trek: Hidden Evil?

Can you even find Bridge Commander or Fallen anymore?

Probably on Ebay or in secondhand shops. I've kept my eye out for Bridge Commander or Elite Force II but they seem to be impossible to find.

Probably on Ebay or in secondhand shops. I've kept my eye out for Bridge Commander or Elite Force II but they seem to be impossible to find.

I've seen Bridge Commander on Ebay on rare occasions...insanely pricey.

I do occasionally play the TNG SNES game, yes. I also own a Game Boy TNG game but I've never been able to figure that one out. I just switch it on briefly to hear the TNG theme GB style, haha.

That's probably what I'd do... I love Jerry Goldsmith's TMP/TNG theme. :giggle:

I'm playing Star Trek Conquest right now on Wii. It's not bad although it would have been better if they could have gotten the real actors to do voices for it.

Last I played was the Trek game that came out last year with STID. Wasn't great, but I did find it serviceable.

I've seen Bridge Commander on Ebay on rare occasions...insanely pricey.

I wanted to buy Star Trek Armada II and it's like over $100 dollars on Amazon! They have a lot of nerve.

Me too .... I'm getting sick of being annihilated by my four year old niece on that :giggle:

ST games ... well I still play Birth of the Federation from time to time and the associated mode the AFC community's worked on over the years.

I'm beginning to regret ditching ST: A Final Unity some years ago. I completed it, I just wish I hung onto it because it's probably worth a couple of quid to someone now.

Me too .... I'm getting sick of being annihilated by my four year old niece on that :giggle:

My friend's six year old used to maul me at it, too. She'd mop the floor with me.... :laugh:

I tried playing Dominion Wars the other night, but for some reason none of the compatibility modes will render the screen properly.

No idea - it could be but I don't have a clue where to find an updated driver to run it on Windows 7...

I doubt one exists, to be honest.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0