Sign in to follow this  
mr Pointy Ears

star trek.com trivia

Don't know who does those trivias there but they need to learn their trek history,one of the questions was what area of space was created by species 8472's activites.for choices were

1.northwest passage

2.Ilarian corridor

3.fluidic space

4.nacene sector.

I picked the northwest passage and it was the wrong answer and the correct answer was ilarian corridor,andthen I did number 2 and the same answer -ilarian corridor,there were several incorrect answers given when I chose the correct one.

Startrek.com sucks, end of. They posted a link on Facebook to Captain Archer's "official" biography the other day - the damn thing ended at the end of season two. They've had more than ten years to take half an hour to update it, but no. You want decent Trek info? Stick with TrekCore and Memory Alpha.

Startrek.com sucks, end of. They posted a link on Facebook to Captain Archer's "official" biography the other day - the damn thing ended at the end of season two. They've had more than ten years to take half an hour to update it, but no. You want decent Trek info? Stick with TrekCore and Memory Alpha.

giphy.gif

Zef'No   

Yeah, there was one a few months back that they got totally wrong too, I can't remember what it was now.

And their polls are so silly; they ask a ridiculous question and give only a handful of possible answers which are all valid for different reasons... And people seem to take it so seriously, like they're actually asking the fans for their input into the franchise or something!

I'm not being sarcastic - but I thought Trek.com had been abandoned years ago. I'm surprised anything still goes on over there.

Is it the MySpace of ST sites? :giggle:

I'm not being sarcastic - but I thought Trek.com had been abandoned years ago. I'm surprised anything still goes on over there.

That's how I've always seen it. :P

That's not fair. MySpace is still trying at least... :P

Hey.

I've read your comments and now I wonder: where can I find a nice (and long) trivia for Star Trek in general? I downloaded one app for my cellphone but I think I've already answered all the questions 'cause the questions appear over and over again. They're like 100 :(. I've also played Super Qüiz at FanPop which is about all the things I'm a fan of but that's it.

That's not fair. MySpace is still trying at least... :P

They are? :laugh:

Hey.

I've read your comments and now I wonder: where can I find a nice (and long) trivia for Star Trek in general? I downloaded one app for my cellphone but I think I've already answered all the questions 'cause the questions appear over and over again. They're like 100 :(. I've also played Super Qüiz at FanPop which is about all the things I'm a fan of but that's it.

Not sure. I tried to start a trivia on this site though. :P

I didn't think that site still worked. It seemed mostly circumvented by the wikis like memory alpha. The just sell stuff and play clips from remastered episodes and occasionally mention birthdays on the old site.

The trekweb facebook, which got removed and still exists as the Star Trek V petition site, still has trivia. Most of it seems cribbed from here though.

Speacies 8472 came from Fluidic Space not the Northwest Passage (they must have used it as a hiding place....prevented Voyager's attempt to through the passage as it was just getting close to entering it). I bet Fluidic Space was the wrong answer too if you had tried that. Yeah, Star Trek.com sucks indeed.

Edited by JayTheTrekkie

Well dont get the trivia book "Obsessed with Star Trek". I have ran into several mistakes in it. According to it, ambassadore Nanclaus in stvi was tellerite, miles obrein married nurse ogawa, and that scotty borrowed the galileo in "relics" (it was the goddard). Its hard to find reliable trivia.

They had O'Brien married to Nurse Ogawa?!? What was their rationale for that; all Japanese women look alike? Wow... that's REALLY bad. :huh2:

That's back-to-the-publisher bad...

All horribleness about stereotyping aside, he would have been better off with Ogawa. :P

Well, yeah... Keiko would've made me run for the nearest airlock in three weeks.

All horribleness about stereotyping aside, he would have been better off with Ogawa. :P

Well, yeah... Keiko would've made me run for the nearest airlock in three weeks.

More like three minutes with me, lol. One "ALEEEEEXAAAAANDER!" would do it.

The minute she tells me I have to move the Alamo.... :laugh:

I'd move something, alright. HER. Out of my LIFE. :P

I'd move something, alright. HER. Out of my LIFE. :P

Well, to her credit, at least she had the good sense to stay away on Bajor for much of the series.... :giggle:

Wasn't Alexander Worf's son, not related at all to Kieko and Miles and Alyssa?

Mr Picard's name, not the ST character.

Scotty   

Some of those so called fans are rude. Trek fans are meant to friendly, yet I swear with some its like the Cardassians and Klingons mixed in. startrek.com, is must ignorant siteon the web. I sometimes think there is no real Trek fans only idiots trolling and abusing each other. Startrek.com is run by a company thatdeals with other show sites, they don't know anything about Star Trek. I haven't looked at startrek.com in many years now. I think its a disgrace to the franchise. It doesn't surprise me that they got it wrong. The North West passage is correct btw.

Sign in to follow this