Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

The End of TrekWeb

87 posts in this topic

Well, thats it. A great part of my life is gone for sure.

I havent talk to Steve, but appears TrekWeb.com is going away...........

All the links are broken, there is no message in the Shore Leave forum and the other message boards......................sad.

It appears that Steve tried to post some news but it didnt work, people were angry about the end of the site.....

I dont know where Steve is and even if he is still my friend, but I wish him the best and good luck in the future and his life.

Gustavo out.

1470278_716857514999046_700143_n.jpg

Sad for sure. Glad we got a new place to call a home right here.

Just don't think of the Omega Sector as a refugee camp, rather a new planet to populate and add your own style and experiences to the indigenous group.

This has been a great place so far. Lots of discussion and a very lively group of good folks.

Love the old place. I'm just sorry Steve didn't care enough about it to leave it to someone to revamp and tend to.

Yeah, I know he tried to post a couple of stories, but people moved on to places like here, or wandered out toward the horizon or were just so angry at his apathy that they gave up.

I get that. I'm a little ticked yet that he didn't care enough to say goodbye or give the place a proper closing. To see it just be a broken wasteland sucks.

A lot of people seem to have a hand in the day-to-day of this place and seem to honestly care about doing it. It's nice to see.

Just don't think of the Omega Sector as a refugee camp, rather a new planet to populate and add your own style and experiences to the indigenous group.

The Omega Sector isn't New Caprica, it's Earth! =)

I'll miss Trekweb, but I've enjoyed my time here a lot. I've posted more in one month of membership here than in 12 years at TW...

I can't go that far, but I get the gist. TW had been slowly dwindling since the end of Enterprise.

You know. I think enough time has passed. Maybe Trekweb should unban Scorned and let him back on the site....

The Omega Sector isn't New Caprica, it's Earth! =)

* Sehlat Vie, wheezing and chuckling.... *

420_1974.jpg

Th-this is not Earth. :P

No. It's BETTER. :thumbup::laugh:

You know. I think enough time has passed. Maybe Trekweb should unban Scorned and let him back on the site....

I honestly think he'd happily spend weeks there trolling himself.

He probably could - I seem to recall he had multiple handles...

He probably could - I seem to recall he had multiple handles...

Hell, he jumped from one country to another to troll.

I never personally said anything to him on the boards, but from his posts I remember him as pretty deluded and a bit of a drama queen...

I hate to hear it but it isn't a surprise. I had checked in on the old girl a few times and the last time it wouldn't let me open any of the stories. RIP Trekweb. You introduced me to discussion groups and posting on forums so I will always be grateful for that deed. Made some on-line acquaintances and really discovered IDIC.

Edited by kc1966

Today was the first time I saw the broken links. Steve should just shut it down if that's what he wants to do.

I will miss TrekWeb badly.

I became news supervisor and then editor in 1998 and has been posting stories everyday for the past 15b years. Sometiems 5 articles a day. It was crazy.

I admit that I run out of gas by the time INTO DARKNESS premiered and I was kinda trekked out

Will I edit other site in the future - well, if STAR TREK 3 impress me, yeah, why not ?

Anyway, as I said, its great to be part of TrekCore's Omega Sector

Have a nice weekend, folks

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

I still don't think you should have left, but it's amazing what happened when you did.

Well, if STAR TREK 3 impress me, yeah, why not ?

giggle.gif

Star Trek 3 will impress---good one, Gus! :giggle:

I left Trekweb after several years really not posting much there, partly because of someone using my nickname there to ask to edit, and then my trying to fix this with their facebook site, only to have one of them cut and paste articles from Trekcore, which led me here, as did some of the mods there. Then they closed down the "fakebook" to reopen it at a like page for a StarTrek V remaster site. (Probably it was originally). (See my intro pages for details). I wanted to save it, but never to edit or moderate it. That was up to people that actually do that for a living.

What I want to know is what happened to Steve? Someone should set up a new facebook saying bring back trekweb. Not me.

I also want to know is who was 'Mr. Moderator' as his MO didn't match Steve at all. Was it this Vance? Was this Archangel?

The site's flickr feed still runs as it is probably on some kind of timer. When the site clocks out it will probably die. Let's see, what is their lookup? Steadfast networks out of Chicago, Ill.? It's going to expire 9/14/2014. Steve still owns it. (Googled this). So is he just not replying to any emails?

Edited by Chimera82405

Steve, apparently now has a reasonably high up job at Google and doesn't have the time or inclination to manage the place, nor does he have any interest in handing off to anyone that did. Site owner no longer cares, site dies. It's as old as the Internet.

"Mr. Moderator?" I don't know who it was, but I can say with reasonable certainty that it wasn't Steve or Archangel. Steve owns the site and would have no need for sock puppets and Archangel? The man would never stoop to that level. He had way too much class.

First of all i would like to re-welcome all the trekwebbers to the O.S.glad every one choose to come to our nice trek site .hope u enjoy your stay.. i must say good Bye, Trekweb may u rest in peace... it so sad your leaveing us forever..a tear in my eye ...trekweb was the first trek site i started to visit why back when , then i become a member, in i think 2006 , as far as scorned conserend can stay under the rock he crawed under, troll ...yes i knew he had muti-users names . & if he was unbaned & let back on trekweb would any one run back to trekweb to talk to him ?, well... i wouln't

Bean and a few others might just for giggles. :)

Mite just do it just for some laughts,see what happens ,Scorned a funny guy u know ..LOL