Sign in to follow this  
The Founder

Star Trek: Agree or Disagree

Agree

The best Starfleet uniforms were those worn in TWOK through TUDC

Disagree.

TWOK's uniforms looked handsome, but a bit too 'costume-y' and impractical.

* dodges cans and tomatoes thrown *

I actually think the coolest ST uniforms were the "First Contact" uniforms.

NS:

The Wrath of Khan is the best ST movie.

Disagree.

Have you seen "King of Texas"? That's got some marvelous overacting, with a Texas accent to boot.

The next Trek series should feature a Captain like Mackenzie Calhoun.

Disagree.

The next ST series should feature a captain more like real-life Dr. Robert Ballard, or Jacques Cousteau (me, still feverishly pitching my civilian expedition series... :laugh::P ).

NS:

I really don't want a new ST series to be set in a 'too-easy' technological age, like the late 24th or early 25th centuries.

Agree.

Most civilian scholars use Federation starships to accomplish their scientific tasks so that would allow them to continue to use the awesome ships. Maybe a mixed civilian-starfleet-kdf crew?

"The Best of Both Worlds, Part One" left viewers with the greatest cliffhanger in Star Trek history.

Disagree

Odo and the "Female" Founder should have been considered androgynous due to the nature of their species and not played as a specific gender.

Edited by The Founder

Zef'No   
Odo and the "Female" Founder should have been considered androgynous due to the nature of their species and not played as a specific gender.

Agree... although it would probably be hard given real-life constraints.

They waited too long after Insurrection before they did another film.

Zef'No   
Robert Duncan McNeil should have been the same character on voyager as he was in the TNG episode The First Duty.

Hmmm.... With a bit of rewriting he could have been, but should he? - It wouldn't have made the series any better, but I suppose I'll go with agree.

Janeway and Chokatay blatantly had sexual intercourse in Resolutions.

Disagree.

Neither character was strong enough or cagey enough to hide the fact that they knocked boots on the planet. Everyone and their brother would have found out.

George Kirk could have escaped the destruction of the Kelvin by hitting "engage" and then running like hell to the shuttle deck.

Disagree.

Auto was broken. The Kelvin had to be flown manually.

The Doctor should have visited his holo-family we meet in "Real Life" much more than just the one episode.

Zef'No   
The Doctor should have visited his holo-family we meet in "Real Life" much more than just the one episode.

Absolutely agree! - That was one of my favourite EMH episodes and one of the few holodeck-stories that deserved more screen time.

They shouldn't have killed Data in Nemesis.

Absolutely agree! - That was one of my favourite EMH episodes and one of the few holodeck-stories that deserved more screen time.

They shouldn't have killed Data in Nemesis.

Agreed.

They should've killed off Worf and Crusher... :laugh:

I firmly believe that they should NEVER attempt a TNG reboot.

Catching a great episode unexpectedly on t.v. Is way more satisfying than watching on Netflix, DVD, bluray

Disagree. They're always the same to me.

If any captain would be the easiest to change gender, it would be Kirk.

Catching a great episode unexpectedly on t.v. Is way more satisfying than watching on Netflix, DVD, bluray

Disagree. They're always the same to me.

If any captain would be the easiest to change gender, it would be Kirk.

Mmmm..... disagree (but only after long and careful thought).

He and Spock make such a nice gay couple.... :laugh:

Kang was the best of the TOS Klingons.

Agree

If a new t.v. series is made...the captain (or primary hero) should be a non-American.

Agreed.

ST TOS makes it look like the entire Earth is populated by Americans. Even Sulu and Uhura have American accents (Uhura was supposedly from Africa, but lovely Nichelle Nichols is a Chicago native, I believe).

George Takei is far cooler and funnier in real life than we was ever allowed to be on the show.

gazomg   

George Takei is far cooler and funnier in real life than we was ever allowed to be on the show.

Agree, know little bout him cept for wiki, but his character was woeful.

If a new trek ever happens i would like it to cover a bit on cardassia after the dominion war,, what happened to the likes of tom Riker and sito Jaxa and kiras claims to help riker

Agree, know little bout him cept for wiki, but his character was woeful.

If a new trek ever happens i would like it to cover a bit on cardassia after the dominion war,, what happened to the likes of tom Riker and sito Jaxa and kiras claims to help riker

Disagree.

Any new ST series has to move away from the past and create a new beginning, just as TNG did.

The ST movies are fun, but ultimately television is where ST truly belongs, not the silver screen.

Zef'No   

I agree with covering "what happened next" with regards Cardassia, Ferenginar etc., but I think the ship's probably sailed on Tom Riker stuff. - That's what novels are for!

Edit: Our posts crossed, so I'll do this one too...

The ST movies are fun, but ultimately television is where ST truly belongs, not the silver screen.

Agree.

Star Trek reached its peak around 1996/1997 and everything after that was a steady decline into mediocrity.

Edited by Zef'No

Sign in to follow this