The Founder

Star Trek: Agree or Disagree

Agree

Phlox was the most interesting character on enterprise

Agreed!

I love Phlox; he is my Enterprise "surrogate"... :thumbup:

The NX-01 should've been a Daedalus-class. :Pasteur:

Agree!

Enterprise never should have established that the slave girls run the Syndicate.

Agreed.

And to go a step further, ENT should've ditched the slave girl idea as well...

Lt. Kelby of ENT was a hopeless dill weed.

gazomg   

disagree...........they had the cube, round one and the oval shape, a triangle would have been just to ridiculous.

Romulus and Remus were other ridiculous names for a planet considering its earth mythology.

disagree...........they had the cube, round one and the oval shape, a triangle would have been just to ridiculous.

Romulus and Remus were other ridiculous names for a planet considering its earth mythology.

Agreed.

But then again, so is Vulcan (named after the Roman god of fire).

I suspect that those are the closest corresponding English-sounding words to their real names....

The TNG Romulans were the worst clothed of any villain on the show; they looked like sofas with shoulder pads.

Agree...provisionally.

The Romulan costumes were pretty boring. However, the Ferengi from DS9 looked more like they stole the upholstery from a sofa, and then decided to make suits so they could look like a mariachi band.

The Enterprise-D had the worst shields of any starship in Federation history.

Agree...provisionally.

The Romulan costumes were pretty boring. However, the Ferengi from DS9 looked more like they stole the upholstery from a sofa, and then decided to make suits so they could look like a mariachi band.

The Enterprise-D had the worst shields of any starship in Federation history.

Disagree.

The Enterprise A had a torpedo go all the way through her saucer in TUC (and this was before her shields were compromised!).

Yet in TOS, the Enterprise survived the equivalent of '90 photon torpedoes' in "The Changeling"... go figure.

Bones had absolutely NO REASON to work on a torpedo in either TUC or STID.

Zef'No   
Bones had absolutely NO REASON to work on a torpedo in either TUC or STID.

I suppose I have to agree, although it's not really a big deal, and certainly STID had a lot more problems that this.

The Star Trek franchise as a whole would have better off in the long run had Enterprise never happened.

I have to... disagree. But only just. It may have been mediocre television, but it was good enough to get four whole seasons - more than anything on the "Syfy" channel in the last few years...

Star Trek is overloaded with useless references to twentieth century culture and needs to quit it.

Zef'No   
Star Trek is overloaded with useless references to twentieth century culture and needs to quit it.

Disagree.

One should not call the original TOS Uhura "Nyota" just because the new films do.

Disagree.

One should not call the original TOS Uhura "Nyota" just because the new films do.

Disagree!

She got her name in the novel Star Trek II Biographies (1982), by author William Rostler. It means 'starlight' in Swahili. It was also used in some of the movie novelizations.

Roddenberry later approved the name himself.

Sulu is an odd name for a man of Japanese-American descent.

Zef'No   
The idea that A.I. are not deemed sentient in the Federation by the 24th century is absurd.

Er... I think I might have to disagree, but this is a very complicated issue and the term "A.I." would need a very precise definition... At what point exactly does a tool become sentient? - Don't all tools have the potential to become sentient if they are programmed well enough? - As technology gets better, so do our tools. If all our tools become sentient, then would that leave us without any tools?

Anyway...

In the 90s, models invariably looked better on screen than CGI did.

Agree

Chakotay should have just organized a Maquis uprising and taken control of Vger himself.

Disagreed.

He was an intensely boring character. Janeway was crazy, but Chakotay would've put me into a coma....

Given the warp speeds established in both TNG and DS9, Voyager's ETA for its journey home should've taken a lot less than 75 years.

gazomg   

Agree!

There should have been one onscreen battle between the Dominion and the Borg.

disagree ....not sure how that would have tied in with the ds9 story and war, although some mention of the borg threat to the dominion should have been touched upon

The borg was more evil and deadly than the dominion

Agree.

The entire frakking run of Enterprise should've dealt with the Romulans, rather than one season with the "cool because the letter X" Xindi.

Agree.

The entire frakking run of Enterprise should've dealt with the Romulans, rather than one season with the "cool because the letter X" Xindi.

Disagree.

I wouldn't much care for 4-7 years of just an all-out ST war show.

But substitute entire S3's season-long Xindi arc with the Romulan war? That I could live with...

I would've loved to see an episode of ENT that deals with why we don't see Denobulans anymore in later ST.

Sign in to follow this