Sign in to follow this  
Doro

Really Enjoying TrekCore

Doro   

I've been officially posting here several weeks now, and after a bit of getting used to things, I'm really liking it here. The forums are great and so varied and diverse. So many conversations about Star Trek and sci-fi fantasy. I've been exploring the other areas outside the forums and they are really well put together.

Looking forward to spending more time here.

We TrekCore veterans have felt all along like it was a hidden gem. Good forums, great photo collections and tons of correlative data but we would sit here many days in silent darkness. You fugitives have come on board and brought a fresh wave of enthusiasm and activity. I think I can speak for all the old timers and say we're glad y'all came onboard.

I fell for this site like a ton of bricks. :inlove:

I'd never seen such deep exploration of Star Trek in such a meaningful (and respectful) way. There was none of the juvenile hostility and 'bathroom wall'-type posting you see on other sites. I lurked here for a couple weeks back in 2011 and decided I wanted to be a part of it. It seemed like a good fit.

Locutus   

It is a very fun and positive place to be. I also like how it culls together stories from the other Trek news sites with that "ALL" button OR lets you easily sort the stories from each site. The forums are also great! Keep up the good work.

Edited by Locutus

Glad you're enjoying it here. It's good to have all the "refugees" and just general new comers.

I feel the same way. Trekcore is one of the only forums where I've been able to discuss, rather than debate with people. The posters are mature and open minded. No one even thinks to attack each other on here whereas on other forums....eesh.

Glad to have you guys here to add to it. :D

kc1966   

I too am enjoying this new site. I feel I can post without editing my thoughts for fear of being attacked.

Sim   

This place is just amazing. So many friendly people here... like the geek bar I always wanted to find. :P

This place is just amazing. So many friendly people here... like the geek bar I always wanted to find. :P

Just as long as you're geeky. Non-geeks have to wait outside, we don't serve their kind here.... :giggle::P

slide_324210_3089993_free.jpg

Yeah trekcore has definitely rekindled my love affair with Star Trek,e specially a t a time in my life when I need a positive outside distraction.

Glad we can add a bit of positive to your life ( :) ).... and glad to have you with us (that extends to ALL of the Trekweb folks!). I think the infusion of fresh blood from Trekweb has been really healthy.

I'd never seen such deep exploration of Star Trek in such a meaningful (and respectful) way. There was none of the juvenile hostility and 'bathroom wall'-type posting you see on other sites. I lurked here for a couple weeks back in 2011 and decided I wanted to be a part of it. It seemed like a good fit.

No kidding dude, in 2 years you have passed my 7 year post count 7 fold and made moderator. Now If I were to want to personally attack you, you can smite me... This is my favorite forum and site. I hope the layout never changes because its perfect.

No kidding dude, in 2 years you have passed my 7 year post count 7 fold and made moderator. Now If I were to want to personally attack you, you can smite me...

I don't do smiting... :P:laugh:

And believe me, I had ZERO ambition to be a mod here when I first came aboard... but after a while, the offer was made and I was too honored to refuse. :)

Sam   

I have come and gone for many years due to work commitments but when I pop back I always feel like I'm coming back home :)

TrekCore is brilliant!

Adam   

I have come and gone for many years due to work commitments but when I pop back I always feel like I'm coming back home :)

TrekCore is brilliant!

Sammy! I'd say "welcome back", but I know you're gonna vanish again before you read this :P

Nice to hear so much positive feedback. It's hard to believe we've been going almost 10 years now. I'm thrilled at what the site has become, and for all the great people I've met both virtually and in the real world.

Omega Sector Nostalgia Time!

I've used TrekCore pretty much since it came about (back when I was still wondering when STinSV went), and one day I happened to scroll down on the main page and see the latest thread updates. I had a brief click around and after I managed to stop laughing I thought "I want in", so here I am!

*hearts OS*

Omega Sector Nostalgia Time!

I've used TrekCore pretty much since it came about (back when I was still wondering when STinSV went), and one day I happened to scroll down on the main page and see the latest thread updates. I had a brief click around and after I managed to stop laughing I thought "I want in", so here I am!

*hearts OS*

I used to love STinSV, what ever happened to that site?

Adam   

I used to love STinSV, what ever happened to that site?

The owner contacted me a few months ago. It basically finished because of the costs of running it. Fast forward to TrekCore - we're the largest Star Trek site on the net, spread over 4 servers and hundreds of gigabytes of data - how times have changed!

The owner contacted me a few months ago. It basically finished because of the costs of running it. Fast forward to TrekCore - we're the largest Star Trek site on the net, spread over 4 servers and hundreds of gigabytes of data - how times have changed!

There's over ten million teraquads of stuff to enjoy here... :laugh: