GustavoLeao

Shatnermania

Here is sort of a William Shatner and Chris Pine update of Shatnermania (oh no)

"William Shatner, the once and future Kirk"

1503297_732437343441063_2043183289_n.jpg

And romance...............

1505462_731371433547654_537577593_n.jpg

1545760_730785773606220_632117232_n.jpg

Thats Shatnermania for today ! Stay tuned...............

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Mmmmm.... Kirk muscling in on Scotty's 'girl'; oh, that Capt. Kirk... what will he do next? :laugh:

BTW: That Argelian dancer is pretty freaking HOT. Saw her at Comic Con a few years ago, and she's aged very well...

Here is sort of a William Shatner and Chris Pine update of Shatnermania (oh no)

"William Shatner, the once and future Kirk"

1503297_732437343441063_2043183289_n.jpg

This is actually a pretty good side by side. They kind of do look the same...

I saw an old video of Shatner in another movie. He was drunk at some party and Nimoy makes a short cameo at the end. Um...in that vid? Nimoy looked exactly like Quinto. Exactly.

Mmmmm.... Kirk muscling in on Scotty's 'girl'; oh, that Capt. Kirk... what will he do next? :laugh:

BTW: That Argelian dancer is pretty freaking HOT. Saw her at Comic Con a few years ago, and she's aged very well...

GODS she is beautiful. Who is that? That's it - I wish I was around during that era. The women were just..../sigh/

Shatner dating style circa 1967. What a guy !

1546335_732562910095173_1246396594_n.jpg

Gus

Hell's bells, she's gorgeous... I officially need to see this episode again. ;)

GODS she is beautiful. Who is that? That's it - I wish I was around during that era. The women were just..../sigh/

That's Tanya Lemani. She is an Iranian-born trained ballet dancer who achieved some fame with a belly dancing act in Vegas. She played Kara in TOS' Wolf in the Fold, where she managed to get Scotty's focus off his beloved ship and then murdered, putting Scotty in a bit of trouble.

She is indeed quite beautiful, her personnal site's photo galery proves that on multiple occasions.

Edited by Tupperfan

Great link, Tupperfan. She's gorgeous even today. Thanks. You can tell Bill was impressed !

1508020_732619080089556_325006090_n.jpg

Gus

Um.... Scotty who? :P

This is (almost) too late, but Happy Birthday to William Shatner who (according to IMDB) is 83 (!) years old today.... :thumbup:

PpKKnOa.gif

I already posted on Facebook, but I am posting here with a delay anyway.

Happy B-Day, Bill ! You are the man and the only Kirk, as far I am concerned. Shatner rrulez !

893681_10202891453346547_2016468211_o.jpg

Gus

I missed some of the detailing in his cabin; the whales and the TOS Enterprise model. Time to break out the DVD again.... ;)

I already posted on Facebook, but I am posting here with a delay anyway.

Happy B-Day, Bill ! You are the man and the only Kirk, as far I am concerned. Shatner rrulez !

893681_10202891453346547_2016468211_o.jpg

Gus

Really great pic. :D

Bill, Majel and Gene between takes during the first season of TOS (Photo Roddenberry.com Facebook page)

14729137_10211002738483606_1489657731458

Bill Shatner was asked (at a celebrity panel Saturday at the Wizard World Tulsa pop culture convention).which of the Trek movies starring the original crew is his favorite. Some fans laughed when he said the most “brilliant” of those movies was “Star Trek V.” They knew Shatner was complimenting himself. He directed that film and he called it a “big lesson” because he compromised on the vision he had for the story. His idea was that the Enterprise crew would go in search of God, have an adventure on the way and meet the devil. To avoid controversy, the story changed.

Shatner said he thought the best of the original Trek movies was “Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home,” the whale-centric movie Nimoy directed.

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

I read on Twitter a couple of days ago that Bill was in Tulsa and had wondered why he was visiting our state.  Didn't know about the convention.  Reading back on earlier comments in this thread, I am of the TOS generation, and I think what we grow up watching is what seems most natural to us.  Shatner is Kirk and will always be Kirk to me (ditto for Leonard Nimoy as Spock, De Kelley as Bones, James Doohan as Scotty, etc). This is really no different than people who think first of Sean Connery when discussing James Bond.  One should take TOS, TNG and the rest on their own merits.  Kirk really shouldn't be compared to Picard, and Picard really shouldn't be compared to Kirk.  They are two different captains with two different crews in two different times periods on two different Enterprises.  Apples and oranges.

That being said, I do think it's interesting to compare the crew of the new Kelvin timeline movies with the TOS crew.  When Star Trek came out in 2009, I thought it was fantastic they were going back using the original characters but was unprepared for what I saw.  I remember thinking "Spock and Uhura?  WTH?!" or "They're mixing characters from different movies in with TOS shows! They can't do that!". :cylonnono:  My Trek purist mindset at the time kept me from appreciating the movie, and as a result, I didn't see the Into Darkness when it came out.  Just before Beyond came out this summer, I rewatched the first two movies.  Finally I began to understand the intent of the movies and starting getting into them, and now I love them!  Yes, Pine's portrayal of Kirk is a bit different from Shatner's portrayal, but I feel the essence of both is still that of James T. Kirk.  Same for the other characters.  (By the way, I never thought anyone could portray another Scotty, but Simon Pegg rocks it!  I think James Doohan would be extremely pleased!).  The Kelvin timeline captures the heart of the original series and its characters and just has fun with them.  Love it!  :thumbup:

Well, comparing TOS to the Kelvin timeline (which I used to call JJ TREK) is like comparing a ferrari with a chevy van, if you know what I mean.

But to each their own, I learned to respect JJ fans here in this forum. Even if I hate JJ TREK.

Just a little joke.

Gus

I understand totally!  I'm still a TOS fan first and foremost.  I never really got into TNG (though it's not a bad series) or any of the other Trek spinoffs, and as such it did take considerable time for me to warm up to the Kelvin timeline/"JJ Trek".  The characters are different, of course, but I see just enough similarities of Pine, Urban, Quinto and Pegg to their predecessors to allow me to buy into their characterizations. If I didn't see that, no way.... I also appreciate that the KT movies have a bit more humor!  Nothing wrong with that IMO!  :)

I'm kind of a fan of ALL of Star Trek; grew up with TOS and TAS, but I also grew to love TNG, DS9 (very much), etc.  Like Scotty says of his newly acquired shuttle in "Relics": "Every woman has her own special charm.  You just have to know where to look for it."  I've generally found little classics in each incarnation of ST to one degree or another (yes, even Kelvin Timeline Star Trek; loved the 2009 movie and Beyond). 

The only ST I'm least partial to is VGR; just felt too generic and dull (with such a potentially exciting premise, too!).

But for me, I see ST much in the same way I see Doctor Who (old and new); it's all just a big, interconnected tapestry. 

Well, to my horror I found that the last STAR TREK movie I loved  was 20 years ago (FIRST CONTACT in 1996) and the last TREK series I loved was 17 years ago (DS9 in 1999)

No wonder I turned to MARVEL STUDIOS movies and Netflix series for good entertaiment.

VOY ??? ENT ?? BEYOND ??? No for my tastes, really. Unfortunately.

Gus