Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

Star Trek The Animated Series - Filmation Soundtrack

Here is the complete library of music recorded by Filmation for Star Trek The Animated Series. One of the best scores created for a animated series on the 1970s. A few of these tracks were also used in others Filmation's cartoons like Lassie and The Rescue Rangers and Tarzan Lord of the Jungle

Score by Ray Ellis.

Enjoy the TAS music. It brings really nice memories to me.

Plus, here is Filmation's Tarzan - just awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B7M5E9H9mE

Best,

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

While the sentimental side of me remembers and enjoys the TAS Filmmation music (which was used in MANY other Filmmation Lou Scheimer productions in those days), another part of me really wishes they'd just chuck it all and rerelease TAS with TOS music cues. It'd help to make TAS feel like more of 'the ST family.'

This is my favorite theme from anything filmation-

Also is there enough themes from the TAS to make a full soundtrack? Guess theres more than the orginal teenage mutant ninja turtles had..

^ Wow, thats awesome. Even has a version of the She-ra theme.

Also, I recently found out that Shuki Levy created the He-man theme. He was the co-producer of mighty morphin power rangers

Edited by The Green Ranger

I wish we could get new CGI animation and remake these with the soundtracks remastered.

Me too. I've always thought of TAS as a diamond in the rough....

Some of the cues from TAS wound up in He-Man.

A lot of those cues were used all over Filmation cartoons. As fond as the memories of TAS are for me (hence my avatar), I would love to see TAS remastered with new visuals and TOS musical cues, but retaining the original voice tracks of the actors; it'd be a labor of pure geeky love for all involved.

Somewhere those original recordings of the cast have to exist on multi-tracks. TAS is crying out for a bit of attention - there are a lot of fine episodes. I know Sehlat and I have talked about this before on another thread, but YEAH! Take those old tapes and do all new CGI animation and edit in TOS music cues - it would be phenomenal, as well as a huge moneyspinner for CBS. (Surely?)

Sorry, that's a bit off topic. I do have a certain amount of affection for those music cues - thanks for posting, Gus! They did get used ad nauseum in so many other shows, though. It's tough to see - uh, hear them as specifically Star Trek cues.

Somewhere those original recordings of the cast have to exist on multi-tracks. TAS is crying out for a bit of attention - there are a lot of fine episodes. I know Sehlat and I have talked about this before on another thread, but YEAH! Take those old tapes and do all new CGI animation and edit in TOS music cues - it would be phenomenal, as well as a huge moneyspinner for CBS. (Surely?)

Sorry, that's a bit off topic. I do have a certain amount of affection for those music cues - thanks for posting, Gus! They did get used ad nauseum in so many other shows, though. It's tough to see - uh, hear them as specifically Star Trek cues.

I like those old Filmation cues too (sentimental value only, I admit). But if one were remastering TAS from scratch? They should just pony up the money for the TOS music rights too (unless such a move would make it prohibitively expensive, of course).

And yes, I think it would sell. I sure as hell would buy it... :thumbup:

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Sign in to follow this