prometheus59650

Do You have a Trek Guilty Pleasure?

Something tells me the episode would've been a bit more interesting if it had had more to do with these dreadful books, tho. :P/> (I knooooow, the episode was there WAAAY before.)

So, the Episode That Might Have Been involved Riker unconscious in sickbay, dreaming about a creepy stalker man who tries to do BDSM stuff to him?

Well, interesting is one word for it. :laugh:

:giggle: At least then we'd lose the unbelievable/naive doormat that was in the original.

Something tells me the episode would've been a bit more interesting if it had had more to do with these dreadful books, tho. :P/> (I knooooow, the episode was there WAAAY before.)

So, the Episode That Might Have Been involved Riker unconscious in sickbay, dreaming about a creepy stalker man who tries to do BDSM stuff to him?

Well, interesting is one word for it. :laugh:

Well we had an episode in which some lamp ghost nailed the Redhead of Doom, one in which a male alien disguised as a female alien tried to AGRESSIVELY SEDUCE Jean-Luc "LOVE ME JEAN-LUUUUUC", an episode in which an alien woman asked Riker to pay for his escape with sex, an episode in which Data tried to stimulate himself by watching "erotic imagery"... suddenly that Shades of Gray Riker plot no longer sounds as weird. :P

Well we had an episode in which some lamp ghost nailed the Redhead of Doom, one in which a male alien disguised as a female alien tried to AGRESSIVELY SEDUCE Jean-Luc "LOVE ME JEAN-LUUUUUC", an episode in which an alien woman asked Riker to pay for his escape with sex, an episode in which Data tried to stimulate himself by watching "erotic imagery"... suddenly that Shades of Gray Riker plot no longer sounds as weird. :P/>/>

Well I'd rather watch this unseen Riker plot than any of those other ones... :giggle:/>

The naughty plot bunnies abound.

EDIT: zomg 6,666th post. Spookeh.

Well we had an episode in which some lamp ghost nailed the Redhead of Doom, one in which a male alien disguised as a female alien tried to AGRESSIVELY SEDUCE Jean-Luc "LOVE ME JEAN-LUUUUUC", an episode in which an alien woman asked Riker to pay for his escape with sex, an episode in which Data tried to stimulate himself by watching "erotic imagery"... suddenly that Shades of Gray Riker plot no longer sounds as weird. :P/>/>

Well I'd rather watch this unseen Riker plot than any of those other ones... :giggle:/>

The naughty plot bunnies abound.

EDIT: zomg 6,666th post. Spookeh.

Wicked child! :P Apt post for that number. :giggle:

Wicked child!

*gasp* Why hasn't Miriam Margolyes ever guest starred in Trek? This needs to happen!

I can just see her now, a Bajoran Vedek slapping Winn Adami around in her youth.

"Wicked child!" *Slap!* *Slap!* "Cold is the Prophets way of telling you to burn more Cardassians!" :giggle:

Edited by Starblind

Another guilty pleasure; even though I recently watched it and get barely get through the boring mid-section of it? I used to love TOS' "Catspaw."

Largely because I am SUCH a Halloween geek (it is by far, my favorite holiday).

Witches_of_Pyris_VII.jpg

The episode has little value, two hammy aliens and a talky, meandering middle third, but I used to love the three witches (they're STILL spooky), the 'dead' Jackson speaking, and the big 'cat fight' at the end.

Not to mention that trippy bit in the end where Sylvia and Korob were revealed to be just a pair of badly handled puppets.... :giggle:

For me I love a lot of "bad" trek. TMP, Stv(gasp),star trek insurrection. I love tng's MASKS. and that troi peptide cake episode. I also love move along home, if wishes were horses, and pretty much all of Enterprise. I love certain episodes of voyager but still cant stomach Janeway's hipocrascey...cant spell that...

I'm very touched by all the love for TNG's "Masks". :P

It's such a train wreck episode but that's what makes it so brilliant IMO. And Jean-Luc just looks ridiculous(ly attractive) with that Korgano mask. Also, that line about the Observation Lounge being a swamp? Gets me every single time. I also love how Jean-Luc piles up all the artifacts in his ready room at the beginning of the episode. Not in a cargo bay, nope, in the ready room because OMG ARTIFACTS MUST GEEK OUT AT THEM! It's hilarious.

TNG:

"Rascals" - Picard and Riker hugging was too funny.

"Deja Q" - Worf telling Q "Die" was a blast. The whole episode had some good one liners.

"QPid" - Worf smashing Gerodi's mandolin was just like the Blutto/guitar scene in "Animal House".

(I actually like all the Q episodes)

DS9:

"House of Quark" & "Looking For par'Mach In All The Wrong Places" Just some really enjoyable episodes

"Magnificent Ferengi" - Iggy Pop as a Vorta. Ferengi heroes...awesome

"You Are Cordially Invited" - Worf's bachelor party and my wife and I copied our wedding after theirs.

"Little Green Men" was just funny

ENT:

The Mirror episodes were my favorites. I have Billingsly's autograph in his Mirror uniform.

I also enjoyed the Tribble episodes in TOS & DS9 were really funny.

TOS: "Spock's Brain."

It as if Ed Wood had a chance at writing/directing a ST episode. In fact, I'm a big fan of most of the 'reviled' Season 3. It had a slightly different feel than the other two, but I'm not convinced this was necessarily a bad thing...

I love it too. Haha. I really liked it.

I love Lwaxana Troi. I know quiet a few people hate her, but she is simply a delightful character. :)

Oh yeah! You're not alone. I really enjoyed her character. Not sure if it was because I liked Nurse Chapel so I enjoyed it just because it was Majel Barrett, but I like her :)

Aaaaand, I'm pretty sure I haven't read about these couple of episodes here so... if there were a prize I'd probably win it xD:

I really like TOS: The Naked Time and TNG: The Naked Now. Why? It's embarrasing so I better leave it at that :laugh:

I also like Insurrection :P.

TNG's "The Naked Now". There are some hilarious Picard Crusher moments. Also the racist "Code of Honor". The reason I like it is because i cant help but laugh at it "SHE DIDNT DIE!!! SHE LIVES!!!!!!" and the absurdity that these people are so backwards yet have transporters and vaccine no one else has. Me and my cousin watched it the other night and couldnt stop laughing.

Yes, I have. A big one.

61654_153541357997334_2875422_n.jpg

Gus

Hahahahaha! :clap:

Gus, your unabashed love for V never fails to make me smile. Good for you. :biggrin: Ya gotta love what you love.

Ditto for TAS - love it. It's great, underappreciated, (mostly) well-written stuff.

Yes, I have. A big one.

61654_153541357997334_2875422_n.jpg

Gus

Hahahahaha! :clap:

Gus, your unabashed love for V never fails to make me smile. Good for you. :biggrin: Ya gotta love what you love.

Ditto for TAS - love it. It's great, underappreciated, (mostly) well-written stuff.

As Woody Allen says, 'the heart wants what it wants.' :laugh:

I for one think it's great to have so many folks who like "unpopular" Trek stuff. Makes me feel less awkward about being a walking unpopular TNG opinion.

I for one think it's great to have so many folks who like "unpopular" Trek stuff. Makes me feel less awkward about being a walking unpopular TNG opinion.

* hugging my copy of TAS * :P

I guess I would go with Gamesters of Triskelion.

The episode never makes any top ten lists in the general public, but it's one of my favorite episodes.

For all the great messages Star Trek gave, and for all the great writing, and this episode had some of that, there's just something fun about Kirk just kicking ass.

And that was the crux of the episode. Kirk just kicked ass.

The opening was awesome. Kirk, Uhura and Chekov find themselves surrounded by bad guys, they pull out their phasers, and they don't work.

Kirk doesn't even bat an eye. As if it's not a problem, Kirk simply orders, "hand to hand," and his crew obliges, calm as ever.

Uhura and Chekov aren't great fighters, so they are subdued in seconds, but the look of pride on their faces when Kirk wins his fight was just awesome. Uhura's over emphasized nod of approval was like her saying to the bad guys, "**** you, my captain kicks ass."

Kirk was only subdued due to a cheap shot, but we all know, he got her back later.

The music in this episode was as always, brilliant. Really gets the audience into it.

The only time Kirk appears to lose it, and this is Kirk at his finest, was during the attempted rape of Uhura.

You can beat Kirk, hurt Kirk, and do almost anything to Kirk, but if you mess with his crew, THAT is how you upset him.

Meanwhile, you see Spock and McCoy go at it, as they conduct a pretty intense investigation and manage to find the needle in the haystack, all because Spock played a hunch.

In this episode, Kirk beats the snot out of a guy twice his size, with both hands tied behind his back.

He ends up fighting for his life and the lives of his crew, in a 3 on 1 battle, and wins.

Kirk throwing the collar off his body was also played well by Shatner.

You don't see fun scripts like this today. If Abrams were doing this, Kirk would lose and need to be bailed out by Uhura, who would hit the villain from behind in what I call the "Under Siege" ending. Shayna would be very different as well.

But thankfully, this was a 1960s script with Kirk Prime kicking ass.

I love that episode.

I honestly am not sure if TAS is really that unpopular fandom-wise. I'd say it's more a "don't care much about it being there in the first place" thing, not downright hostility towards it. It certainly isn't frowned upon in the same way The Final Frontier or TNG's first season are. IMO, of course.

Sim   

I honestly am not sure if TAS is really that unpopular fandom-wise. I'd say it's more a "don't care much about it being there in the first place" thing, not downright hostility towards it. It certainly isn't frowned upon in the same way The Final Frontier or TNG's first season are. IMO, of course.

Hm, at least that's more or less my opinion towards TAS. I don't hate it at all, just find it hard to watch. Mostly because of the same single piece of music that is played all the time, in all situations, over and over again. Makes me crazy.