Ghost of Sam Kirk

Top Ten Voyager Episodes

8 posts in this topic

So I have noticed, that Voyager has and always will catch a lot of heat from the fans. However, that is not to say that there weren't some enjoyable episodes. With that in mind what is everyone's top ten.

1. Scorpion I and II

2. Living Witness

3. Year of Hell I and II

4. Blink of an Eye

5. Dreadnaught

6. Dragon's Teeth

7. Death Wish

8. Prototype

9. The Voyager Conspiracy

10. Timeless

Just one man's opinion.

I hate this show for the most part, but there about a dozen or so that I actually like (one or two of which are even really good).

My favorites (hard to think of so many for a show I am really NOT a fan of, but here goes...):

1. "Drone."

Big Seven fan, and Paul Boehmer's performance as "One" is powerful and moving. He draws out Seven's latent maternal instincts and is even more sympathetic than TNG's "Hugh." Good job all around. Seven's final scene ("You're hurting me..." "You will adapt") still breaks my heart.

2. "Scorpion 1": For bringing Jeri Ryan into an ailing show.

3. "Scorpion 2": One of the last times the Borg had anything resembling teeth on the show...

3. "Dark Frontier." Again, a terrific tour de force by Jeri Ryan. Loved Susanna Thompson's Borg Queen too....

4. "Meld." Best. Tuvok. Episode. EVER.

Brad Douriff is almost too good to guest star on this show. And Tuvok's mouthing off to Janeway in sickbay felt justified, not irrational IMO....

5. "Death Wish"; the only VGR Q episode worth a damn. Would've probably played better as a TNG episode, though...

6. "Timeless" Worth it just to see Harry be a bit of a badass, and for that epic snow-crash. Too bad about the f**king reset button, though...

7. "Blink of an Eye". Interesting scifi premise. Somewhat well-done. Love the 'astronaut''s reactions when he comes aboard VGR. Reminds me of TOS' Capt. Christopher in "Tomorrow Is Yesterday."

8. "Flashback." Maybe I should just file this one under 'guilty pleasure'; it's a stupid episode, but a real thrill to see Capt. Sulu and company back in action, even if Valtane 'dies' when he wasn't supposed to (we see Valtane alive at the end of STVI.... someone didn't do their homework?). At any rate, I would rather see a fan-edit that takes most of the VGR stuff out and leaves us a twenty or so minute package of 'deleted scenes' from STVI....

9. "Future's End" part 1." I'm a huge Sarah Silverman fan; she is the love child of Gilda Radner and Lenny Bruce! And seeing Tuvok and Paris roaming around Mt. Wilson observatory is kind of cool; almost like seeing the Tardis land down the street. Ditto the stuff shot at Venice Beach. I love Venice Beach! So wonderfully bohemian.

10. "Future's End part 2." More of the same as with part 1, only....more. The story is irrelevant; I just love the locations used.

That was really SCRAPING the bottom of the barrel to come up with 10; I'm glad you didn't ask for 20, or even 15 or I would've had to have skipped this thread.... :laugh:

And yes, I know people are probably wondering why I didn't pick the oh-so-dramatic "Year of Hell" parts 1, 2?

Because almost EVERYTHING good that happened in that episode didn't really happen, that's why. It's dramatically inert, as far as I'm concerned. No consequence.

My list in random order :

TIMELESS

RELATIVITY

ENDGAME

YEAR OF HELL

CARETAKER

DRONE

SCORPION Pt 1 and 2

FUTURE'S END

DARK FRONTIER

EQUINOX

Best,

Gus

I hate this show for the most part, but there about a dozen or so that I actually like (one or two of which are even really good).

My favorites (hard to think of so many for a show I am really NOT a fan of, but here goes...):

1. "Drone."

Big Seven fan, and Paul Boehmer's performance as "One" is powerful and moving. He draws out Seven's latent maternal instincts and is even more sympathetic than TNG's "Hugh." Good job all around. Seven's final scene ("You're hurting me..." "You will adapt") still breaks my heart.

2. "Scorpion 1": For bringing Jeri Ryan into an ailing show.

3. "Scorpion 2": One of the last times the Borg had anything resembling teeth on the show...

3. "Dark Frontier." Again, a terrific tour de force by Jeri Ryan. Loved Susanna Thompson's Borg Queen too....

4. "Meld." Best. Tuvok. Episode. EVER.

Brad Douriff is almost too good to guest star on this show. And Tuvok's mouthing off to Janeway in sickbay felt justified, not irrational IMO....

5. "Death Wish"; the only VGR Q episode worth a damn. Would've probably played better as a TNG episode, though...

6. "Timeless" Worth it just to see Harry be a bit of a badass, and for that epic snow-crash. Too bad about the f**king reset button, though...

7. "Blink of an Eye". Interesting scifi premise. Somewhat well-done. Love the 'astronaut''s reactions when he comes aboard VGR. Reminds me of TOS' Capt. Christopher in "Tomorrow Is Yesterday."

8. "Flashback." Maybe I should just file this one under 'guilty pleasure'; it's a stupid episode, but a real thrill to see Capt. Sulu and company back in action, even if Valtane 'dies' when he wasn't supposed to (we see Valtane alive at the end of STVI.... someone didn't do their homework?). At any rate, I would rather see a fan-edit that takes most of the VGR stuff out and leaves us a twenty or so minute package of 'deleted scenes' from STVI....

9. "Future's End" part 1." I'm a huge Sarah Silverman fan; she is the love child of Gilda Radner and Lenny Bruce! And seeing Tuvok and Paris roaming around Mt. Wilson observatory is kind of cool; almost like seeing the Tardis land down the street. Ditto the stuff shot at Venice Beach. I love Venice Beach! So wonderfully bohemian.

10. "Future's End part 2." More of the same as with part 1, only....more. The story is irrelevant; I just love the locations used.

That was really SCRAPING the bottom of the barrel to come up with 10; I'm glad you didn't ask for 20, or even 15 or I would've had to have skipped this thread.... :laugh:

And yes, I know people are probably wondering why I didn't pick the oh-so-dramatic "Year of Hell" parts 1, 2?

Because almost EVERYTHING good that happened in that episode didn't really happen, that's why. It's dramatically inert, as far as I'm concerned. No consequence.

I enjoyed Futures End also. One correction to your post though.

It was Griffith Park Observatory and not Mt Wilson.

Filming for this two-part episode included five days of location shoots around Los Angeles, the Griffith Observatory exteriors being filmed on 14 August 1996. (Star Trek Magazine issue 143) Another location used was the Santa Monica Pier, near Venice Beach. (Star Trek: Voyager Companion)

It was Griffith Park Observatory and not Mt Wilson.

You're right, Lightmaker. My bad. :)

Posted (edited)

I'm not the biggest fan of Voyager, but there are a handful of episodes that I do like. I don't know if I can think of ten, though.

Here are some, in no real order:

Someone to Watch Over Me

Timeless

Lineage

Life Line

Alter Ego

Counterpoint

Pathfinder

The Chute

I would consider adding Year of Hell, but I'm not certain.

Edited by Explorer3