Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prometheus59650

What's My Line?

34 posts in this topic

"DATAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

The Borg Queen, "Star Trek: First Contact". Of course.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thoughtforbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Capt. Picard, quoting Judge Aron Satie, TNG "The Drumhead" (1991)

"DATAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

The Borg Queen, "Star Trek: First Contact". Of course.

Oh, not forgetting all the angry "OOHHH"s and "AAAAAAAARRRGHH"s she does as well. :laugh:

Other FC quotes that I love:

"It's my first ray gun."

"Don't you people ever pee in the 24th century?"

"Don't start criticizing my counseling techniques. It's a primitive culture...I'm just trying to blend in." "You're blended all right."

I still haven't met Garak, but I will soon :)

In the meantime:

From TOS. "The Corbomite Maneuver"

Bailey:... Raising my voice back there doesn't mean I was scared or couldn't do my job. It means I happen to have a human thing called an adrenaline gland.

Spock: It does sound most inconvenient, however. Have you considered having it removed?

I love the exchange between Garak and Bashir:

Garak: "They're all true."

Bashir: "Even the lies?"

Garak: "Especially the lies."

I love that line. Though I find myself quoting this a lot:

Garak: I have them! I have them. By all means Commander, do as they ((the Jem'hadar)) say.

Bashir: Garak...

Garak: You heard me, Doctor! Well I'm glad to see the plan is going as scheduled.

Jem'hadar: What plan is that?

Garak: You mean no one told you? You see, I pretend to be their friend, and then I shoot you!" *shoots Jem'hadar*

Sisko: Well done, Garak.

Garak: Well, it's just something I read once in a book.

Bashir: I'm sure! :)

I also like the scene in which Commander Sela orders Spock to make a speech in front of the Romulan senate. Spock refuses, but Sela warns him that if he doesn't obey, he, Picard and Data will die. Then Spock goes, "Since it's logical to conclude that you'll kill us in any event, I choose not to cooperate." To which Sela hisses, "I HATE Vulcans! I hate the logic, I hate the arrogance!"

Posted (edited)

Picard:

'The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth, or historical truth, or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based, and if you can't find it within yourself to stand up and tell the truth about what happened, you don't deserve to wear that uniform.'

'It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.'

(Quotes were pasted from Memory Alpha, hopefully they're accurate: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Main )

Edited by Explorer3

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0