Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

BAFFLED, Starring Leonard NImoy, Coming to DVD

I'd voice my opinon on Nu!Trek towards ANYONE, no matter if they're the fan next door or Leonard Nimoy himself. :P Or even Sir Patrick (who liked the first Nu!Trek movie, too). I'd have no problems whatsoever. (Of course I'd try to be diplomatic about it. At first. Haha.)

I guess I just lack this "OMG ST ACTOR LEGEND" thing. Some are great actors, no doubt, and one of them is my 'precious bb', but still. Nu!Trek is where the hero worship ends. :P lol

But... but... it's Dr. Spock! :P:laugh:

I'd voice my opinon on Nu!Trek towards ANYONE, no matter if they're the fan next door or Leonard Nimoy himself. :P Or even Sir Patrick (who liked the first Nu!Trek movie, too). I'd have no problems whatsoever. (Of course I'd try to be diplomatic about it. At first. Haha.)

I guess I just lack this "OMG ST ACTOR LEGEND" thing. Some are great actors, no doubt, and one of them is my 'precious bb', but still. Nu!Trek is where the hero worship ends. :P lol

From Star Wars, I know. :P

I am by no means trying to say that I lack respect for ST actors but I'd see no reason for backing down if Nimoy asked me what I think about Nu!Trek. I would not be rude and I would refrain from using evil words, but I would voice my opinion. It's probably because I didn't grow up with Star Trek, I didn't form this "bond" with Trek actors that most Trekkies have. I completely understand the hero worship towards the TOS actors in particular, though. It's just not something I share. I like them well enough but that would not stop me from being honest. ;)

I am by no means trying to say that I lack respect for ST actors but I'd see no reason for backing down if Nimoy asked me what I think about Nu!Trek. I would not be rude and I would refrain from using evil words, but I would voice my opinion. It's probably because I didn't grow up with Star Trek, I didn't form this "bond" with Trek actors that most Trekkies have. I completely understand the hero worship towards the TOS actors in particular, though. It's just not something I share. I like them well enough but that would not stop me from being honest. ;)

Kind of like how I'd feel if I met a VGR actor---no wait, I have. And no, I very much did NOT gush at them, either.

Although if I'd met Jeri Ryan.... tumblr_lyg0ig18l41r0rekjo1_500.gif;)

Kind of like how I'd feel if I met a VGR actor---no wait, I have. And no, I very much did NOT gush at them, either.

It would be kinda different with the VOY actors... I mean if I met Robert Beltran we'd probably end up sitting there talking about how crappy VOY was, haha.

It would be kinda different with the VOY actors... I mean if I met Robert Beltran we'd probably end up sitting there talking about how crappy VOY was, haha.

I'd probably wind up LMAO with Beltran (I don't blame his feelings about the show ONE bit). And I can already tell (from his tell-all podcast) that Garrett Wang and I would get along famously.... :thumbup:

I have nothing against Beltran. He should have keep his moutn shut, but in the end I dont think it damage VOYAGER. I still think that seasons 5-6-7 were the best seasons. Voyager is not excellent as some say or as bad as others say. It just a good series with nice performances by the cast, and thats it. Some episodes are classic Trek (Timeless, Year of Hell, Relativity and a few more) and others episodes are just unwatchable. But the majority of episodes are good and I enjoyed the Seven of Nine seasons LOL

My opinion, of course.

Gus

I have nothing against Beltran. He should have keep his moutn shut, but in the end I dont think it damage VOYAGER. I still think that seasons 5-6-7 were the best seasons. Voyager is not excellent as some say or as bad as others say. It just a good series with nice performances by the cast, and thats it. Some episodes are classic Trek (Timeless, Year of Hell, Relativity and a few more) and others episodes are just unwatchable. But the majority of episodes are good and I enjoyed the Seven of Nine seasons LOL

My opinion, of course.

Gus

That's what the IDIC principle is all about - different opinions. :) I mean I myself am basically a walking unpopular TNG opinion, lol.

You tell me, I love STAR TREK V and GENERATIONS, thats an enoumous unpopular choice.

Gus

So is loving Dr. Pulaski, having the first two TNG seasons as ABSOLUTE favorites and not being a fan of Data, heh. Maybe we should have our own "unpopular Trek opinions" corner, lol. :P

You tell me, I love STAR TREK V and GENERATIONS, thats an enoumous unpopular choice.

Gus

So is loving Dr. Pulaski, having the first two TNG seasons as ABSOLUTE favorites and not being a fan of Data, heh. Maybe we should have our own "unpopular Trek opinions" corner, lol. :P

If loving Pulaski is wrong, I don't want to be right.... :laugh:

I love Doctor Pulaski too and adore the seasons 1 and 2 of Next Generation (more Roddenberry-ish with great concepts and good musical scores).

So there you are, lets open our unpopular club LOL

Best,

Gustavo

Will you marry me, Gus? :P (Just kidding. HAH.) It's just so rare to come across someone who appreciates Pulaski and the first two TNG seasons. Oh and by the way I've never minded The Final Frontier. It's not a favorite movie of mine but I don't skip watching it either. There are worse Trek movies than TFF if you ask me. :)

I really think the first two seasons of TNG had elements that were lacking in later seasons : great, bombastic musical scores, more energetic performances by the cast, and more high concepts stories (and thats before Brannon Braga joined the writing staff)

I credit this to people like Robert Justman and Maurice Huxley, who are creating and developing a very different TNG. I am not blaming Rick Berman for doing a bad work, because I also love seasons 3 and 4, but Berman vision has limited some elements for the series in later seasons. Just compare "Encounter at Farpoint" to All Good Things...", similar episodes but totally diferent in their approach to the material - musical scores, performances, technobable and so forth. I am glad for Berman to have hired Michael PIller and Jeri Taylor, but I miss the vision of people like Huxley and Justman and Tracy Torme in seasons 1-2, which in my opinion were more dramatic.

But overall I love TNG as much as I love TOS. I just wanna people to give more credit to Huxley, Justman, Torme and so on in seasons 1 and 2.

And about marrying you, Mr.Picard, geeeee, cant we be just friends ? LOL

Best,

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Will you marry me, Gus? :P (Just kidding. HAH.) It's just so rare to come across someone who appreciates Pulaski and the first two TNG seasons. Oh and by the way I've never minded The Final Frontier. It's not a favorite movie of mine but I don't skip watching it either. There are worse Trek movies than TFF if you ask me. :)

Indeed there are!

NEM, INS and STID, to name a few...

As for S1 & 2? What I do like about that is that they do feel the most like a "Roddenberry show" and not a "Berman show." There was a lot more weird s#!t and experimental stuff that the later seasons lacked the courage to try. And S2 had Pulaski. She was pure awesome sauce. I can only imagine how much better the show would've been with her in S3-7.

I really think the first two seasons of TNG had elements that were lacking in later seasons : great, bombastic musical scores, more energetic performances by the cast, and more high concepts stories (and thats before Brannon Braga joined the writing staff)

I credit this to people like Robert Justman and Maurice Huxley, who are creating and developing a very different TNG. I am not blaming Rick Berman for doing a bad work, because I also love seasons 3 and 4, but Berman vision has limited some elements for the series in later seasons. Just compare "Encounter at Farpoint" to All Good Things...", similar episodes but totally diferent in their approach to the material - musical scores, performances, technobable and so forth. I am glad for Berman to have hired Michael PIller and Jeri Taylor, but I miss the vision of people like Huxley and Justman and Tracy Torme in seasons 1-2, which in my opinion were more dramatic.

But overall I love TNG as much as I love TOS. I just wanna people to give more credit to Huxley, Justman, Torme and so on in seasons 1 and 2.

And about marrying you, Mr.Picard, geeeee, cant we be just friends ? LOL

Best,

Gus

For me there's one big reason for loving the first two seasons, and that reason is called Grumpy Picard. He's my ALL time favorite because I just LOVE how he's constantly 1701% done with things. I also love how chaotic season 1 is and how unintentionally hilarious some of the episodes are. Season 2 simply has so many GREAT episodes. (It is my favorite.) I do think that the show has great episodes in seasons 3,4,5 and 6 but then it all suddenly goes into a direction that just bores me. Another unpopular TNG opinion of mine is that the show should have ended with season 6, preferably with a two-part episode that features the movie plot for First Contact - and then no movies or anything.

Hahaha yes, being friends sounds good to me. ;)

As for S1 & 2? What I do like about that is that they do feel the most like a "Roddenberry show" and not a "Berman show." There was a lot more weird s#!t and experimental stuff that the later seasons lacked the courage to try. And S2 had Pulaski. She was pure awesome sauce. I can only imagine how much better the show would've been with her in S3-7.

I love that weird stuff. Farpoint station! Even the name sounds mysterious? Check. Selay delegate cannibalism? Check. Vicious animal things? Check. Immobilized by the damn Ferengi? Check. I could go on all day.