Mishi

A Halloween Thread!

C.Lovett   

Well I for one had a great Halloween, I went to an art-walk (Which had arts and crafts and candy at every booth), then I went on a ghost walk at the local college (the jump-scares were good!, hated the zombies in the graveyard though) and we had lots of trick or treaters! thank god we have some candy leftover! XD

Ours was busy; far busier than I thought a Monday Halloween could be.

My wife went to school as a rainstorm (a very clever costume; I'll post the link to our pics here in a bit), I had some friends whom I hadn't seen in nearly a year drop by in the morning (was great to catch up!), I made 3 pizzas (2 chicken-pesto, 1 pepperoni), we had our friends come over with their 5 year old (he's been trick or treating at our house since he was 3 and loves it), I had my whole house lit with FX and I piped in Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" to play over everything.  Scared a few kids; it was great!  We were easily the best house in our block (not to boast, but we usually are in my neighborhood).  

Then we took our friend's son trick or treating (my wife stayed home and passed out candy) till 8 pm or so (about 2 hours), came back, served pumpkin pie & coffee.   Then we all watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" (my friend's son LOVES it) while he sorted his stash (he had a pretty healthy haul).   We had (in total) over 250 trick or treaters (pretty healthy turnout for a Monday).

And at 9:30, my in-laws dropped by to see our Halloween decorations.   They loved our setup.   My mother in law was really digging it.  I told her it's "Walt Disney on a Walmart budget."  :laugh:

My Halloween album via Flickr

All in all, a very successful (and FUN) Halloween... even for a Monday. ;)

kenman   

IMG_2999.thumb.JPG.3c1218e9ebe54d4857276

This Halloween I actually dressed up for once (I often don't), as the wife and I went to a costume party...so I slapped together this costume:

I am, of course, Athur Dent, from Douglas Adams fantastic series, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." A costume that was quite easy to slap together, as I already own a robe, pajamas and a towel.  I did take an old DVD case to make my very own Guide, which has the words "Don't Panic" on it in big friendly letters (the only real work I put into the idea).  The wife dressed up as "Disgust" from Pixar's "Inside Out."

Edited by kenman

kenman   

Clever costumes, KM!  Well done.  Love those! :thumbup:

My wife had thought about hers far more than I thought about mine!  But ironically somehow (and I really didn't think this would end up the case) more people at the party figured out who I was than she was!

Sim   

Clever costumes, KM!  Well done.  Love those! :thumbup:

My wife had thought about hers far more than I thought about mine!  But ironically somehow (and I really didn't think this would end up the case) more people at the party figured out who I was than she was!

Nice! I love those "simple" costumes! :)