Mishi

A Halloween Thread!

This years pumpkin

bth_IMG_0966_zpsd4fd1e92.jpg

Her five hour mission... to exploit its strange new beauty, to light up your porch and entertain trick or treaters.... to boldly go where no pumpkin has gone before!

That is simply AMAZING!! Wish I had the patience and talent to make something like that.

Edited by Sehlat Vie

kenman   

We are moving slower on Halloween this year, because we've been preparing the house for a housewarming bonfire party this weekend, but we did go buy our pumpkins (and some great Cider) with the little one:

IMG_0727.JPG

Cool lawn scene Sehlat. :)

Not sure if I'm going to bother with our decs this year. We're not going to be home at Halloween as we're out with friends and I don't really want a million kids seeing the decs, knocking on and then knowing nobody's home. I'll still do my usual pumpkin soup/pie combo when I'm off work because they're too good to pass up.

Cool lawn scene Sehlat. :)

Not sure if I'm going to bother with our decs this year. We're not going to be home at Halloween as we're out with friends and I don't really want a million kids seeing the decs, knocking on and then knowing nobody's home. I'll still do my usual pumpkin soup/pie combo when I'm off work because they're too good to pass up.

Agreed.

I wouldn't want to put out all the props/FX if I weren't going to be home to dole out candy; that's false advertisement... :laugh:

This is our first Halloween in our new house so my wife and I have started putting up decorations.  It's great that we're finally out of the apartment complex and in a neighborhood that allows trick-or-treating!  We're also trying to figure out what to do with Junior since it's his very first Halloween!  Do we dress him in a costume or just a cute Halloween onsie?  That is the question, but it's all exciting!

On a related note, what Star Trek episodes would be appropriate for Halloween?  I'm thinking:

Schisms (TNG)

Regeneration (ENT)

Night Terrors (TNG) (Admittedly a clunker of an episode but the scene with Crusher in the morgue was creepy as hell in the 90s)

Catspaw (TOS) (Not scary, but it's just quirky enough for Halloween.  Plus, didn't this one premiere around Halloween in the 60's?)

Any other suggestions?

This is our first Halloween in our new house so my wife and I have started putting up decorations.  It's great that we're finally out of the apartment complex and in a neighborhood that allows trick-or-treating!  We're also trying to figure out what to do with Junior since it's his very first Halloween!  Do we dress him in a costume or just a cute Halloween onsie?  That is the question, but it's all exciting!

On a related note, what Star Trek episodes would be appropriate for Halloween?  I'm thinking:

Schisms (TNG)

Regeneration (ENT)

Night Terrors (TNG) (Admittedly a clunker of an episode but the scene with Crusher in the morgue was creepy as hell in the 90s)

Catspaw (TOS) (Not scary, but it's just quirky enough for Halloween.  Plus, didn't this one premiere around Halloween in the 60's?)

Any other suggestions?

I like "Devil's Due" for a Trek or Treat Halloween; it campy and it has a cameo by the devil.  For some reason, that one feels kind of Halloween-ish to me.   

devilsdue237.jpg

I also think "Empok Nor" works as a DS9 horror story.   Has a bit of a haunted house vibe to it...

Empok Nor is a good one!  It also has the murder vibe since Garak kills multiple red- <ahem!> gold-shirts during the episode.

Irony aside, the day I watched this one there was much light reflecting on the TV, so I just HAD to close all windows and make a dark and closed space to watch it properly. And I DID get scared at some points. :giggle:

Empok Nor is a good one!  It also has the murder vibe since Garak kills multiple red- <ahem!> gold-shirts during the episode.

Irony aside, the day I watched this one there was much light reflecting on the TV, so I just HAD to close all windows and make a dark and closed space to watch it properly. And I DID get scared at some points. :giggle:

Nothing ruins horror mood like a brightly lit house... I know; my house is white interior with a high ceiling and a overhead window (!).  Thank goodness I have a laptop and a quiet little front room where I can still enjoy my horror movies.  :P

My wife and I are going to a screening of "The Exorcist" tonight at a nearby art house theatre.  

exorcist_banner_span.jpg

I know I already have it on blu ray, but for the chance to see it on the big screen again before Halloween?  It's more than worth it.    

Edited by Sehlat Vie

rta-man   

Great movie!  The theme song, "Tubular Bells" was especially haunting.

Captain_Bravo, you should dress up your son in a costume.  It'll be a win-win situation for you.  All the neighbors will adore your son, and you get to eat all the candy.

Great movie!  The theme song, "Tubular Bells" was especially haunting.

Captain_Bravo, you should dress up your son in a costume.  It'll be a win-win situation for you.  All the neighbors will adore your son, and you get to eat all the candy.

Good idea!  Our friends are bringing their son over, and he's dressing as a Star Wars stormtrooper.   If he were my own son, I'd weep with pride... :laugh::thumbup:

kenman   

Yea we had a costume for our daughter last year, her first Halloween. She was a cupcake and we made her stroller into an oven. 

This year we are making her into Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street because she is OBSESSED with Sesame Street. 

Yea we had a costume for our daughter last year, her first Halloween. She was a cupcake and we made her stroller into an oven. 

This year we are making her into Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street because she is OBSESSED with Sesame Street. 

I love the cupcake idea!  That is just brilliant.

I once took my then-4 year old godson trick or treating in half of his 'cow' costume; he only wore the cowhide patterned pants (with hooves).  When strangers asked what he was supposed to be, we replied that he was a 'cow-boy.' :laugh:

kenman   

I once took my then-4 year old godson trick or treating in half of his 'cow' costume; he only wore the cowhide patterned pants (with hooves).  When strangers asked what he was supposed to be, we replied that he was a 'cow-boy.' :laugh:

Here's a picture of the whole getup:

IMG_1215.JPG

Here's a picture of the whole getup:

IMG_1215.JPG

That is cool beyond words, my friend... :thumbup:

Blimey that's scary as hell Sehlat, I might need a change of undies

Seems I'll be doing Halloween after all. Still won't be home on the day but mum's doing a party for the grandkids a couple of days before so I'll be getting some of our decs out and down to hers to help out. I've also realised this year I can dress up as a witch and not have people give me weird looks. *dances*

Blimey that's scary as hell Sehlat, I might need a change of undies

:P 

Ah, mission accomplished... :thumbup:

Last night, I finally put up the strobe light (it flickers randomly) in the garage window.... 

b400bab989ef7115ddfadab7ea50f678.jpg

Seems I'll be doing Halloween after all. Still won't be home on the day but mum's doing a party for the grandkids a couple of days before so I'll be getting some of our decs out and down to hers to help out. I've also realised this year I can dress up as a witch and not have people give me weird looks. *dances*

And please post pics if you can (?).   I'll bet you'll look maleficent.... ;)

Ah, I just love Halloween...

giphy.gif