Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Founder

Star Trek: This or That?

453 posts in this topic

Defiant. It was just the basics. There was a feel of command, much more than with Voyager.

Better holodeck baddie:

Moriarty or Chaotica

Moriarty.

He was intelligent and sentient (doesn't hurt that I'm a major Sherlock Holmes nerd, too).

Chaotica was stupid (as were all the boring "Capt. Proton" episodes IMO).

Richard Daystrom:

Mad man or misunderstood genius? :P

Let's pretend you didn't call the Cap. Proton episodes boring, you sadistic madman. ;)

Can I say: Mad genius? :P I'd call him a misunderstood genius. Because the idea of a computer run fleet isn't a very bad idea. It just had a few kinks to work out.

Who would you rather date:

Deanna or Keiko?

Defiant. It was just the basics. There was a feel of command, much more than with Voyager.

Better holodeck baddie:

Moriarty or Chaotica

Moriarty.

He was intelligent and sentient (doesn't hurt that I'm a major Sherlock Holmes nerd, too).

Chaotica was stupid (as were all the boring "Capt. Proton" episodes IMO).

Richard Daystrom:

Mad man or misunderstood genius? :P

Let's pretend you didn't call the Cap. Proton episodes boring, you sadistic madman. ;)

Can I say: Mad genius? :P I'd call him a misunderstood genius. Because the idea of a computer run fleet isn't a very bad idea. It just had a few kinks to work out.

Who would you rather date:

Deanna or Keiko?

As a happily married man, I can only answer in the hypothetical:

Deanna Troi.

She's easy on the eyes, and I like a person who feels a bit of extra empathy; our world could use that. I just wouldn't want her probing too deeply into my thoughts (at first). ;)

Besides, Keiko is a nag. A bit of a whiner, too. No thanks.

Which historical spaceflight would you rather be on:

The Eagle's landing on the moon (July 20, 1969) or the flight of the Phoenix (April 5, 2063)?

Edited by Sehlat Vie

The Eagle's landing on the moon (July 20, 1969) or the flight of the Phoenix (April 5, 2063)?

The Eagle's landing. It paved the way for the Phoenix. The Phoenix wouldn't have been possible without it.

Who you rather have: Keiko teaching you school, or the Doctor giving you Social Lessons.

Edited by Admiral Harmon

The Eagle's landing. It paved the way for the Phoenix. The Phoenix wouldn't have been possible without it.

Who you rather have: Keiko teaching you school, or the Doctor giving you Social Lessons.

Since I'm too old for either grade or middle school, I'd say the Doctor (even though I'd shut him off if he started to annoy me.... :giggle: ).

Favorite shuttlecraft:

TOS' Galileo or TNG's El Baz shuttlepod ("Time Squared")?

Definately a Klingon.

Klingons are like us Irish, like to drink, enjoy a good wake, not afraid to enjoy ourselves

Now that's a quality answer!!!

Galileo

More practical...mainly because it's bigger. Besides, it looks cooler than the TNG shuttles (I always thought TNG ones looked like Lumina vans, not cool to a Chevy hater)

Klingon Bloodwine or Romulan Ale???

Definately a Klingon.

Klingons are like us Irish, like to drink, enjoy a good wake, not afraid to enjoy ourselves

Now that's a quality answer!!!

Galileo

More practical...mainly because it's bigger. Besides, it looks cooler than the TNG shuttles (I always thought TNG ones looked like Lumina vans, not cool to a Chevy hater)

Klingon Bloodwine or Romulan Ale???

Romulan ale.

Not a big fan of blood. Especially aged... :laugh:

Better warp nacelle design:

Short and stubby (TNG) or elongated and graceful (Ent-E)?

I've always been more partial for the ENT-D. So I will go with short and stubby. It looks more militant and stocky. I prefer that then fru fru "happy explorers" design.

What alternative universe do you want to be stuck in? (Take into consideration you have to be Starfleet and the UFP is losing in both)

Federation-Klingon War (Yesterday's Enterprise) or the Borg took over the UFP - Riker looks like a caveman? (Parallels)?

I've always been more partial for the ENT-D. So I will go with short and stubby. It looks more militant and stocky. I prefer that then fru fru "happy explorers" design.

What alternative universe do you want to be stuck in? (Take into consideration you have to be Starfleet and the UFP is losing in both)

Federation-Klingon War (Yesterday's Enterprise) or the Borg took over the UFP - Riker looks like a caveman? (Parallels)?

Klingon war.

But I'd try to commit suicide before being captured. The smell of a Klingon POW camp would overpower me, I'm afraid (not a fan of B.O). :vulcan:

Kira vs. B'Lanna. Who'd win?

Kira - hands down. Torres biggest hurts in life is being abandoned by her father and ridiculed for being half-Klingon. Kira grew up in a concentration camp. Her family died and her mother was forced to turn into a high-end prostitute for Gul Dukat just so her family would be cared for. Kira fought in a resistance for her people's survival and self-esteem. Torres fought in a resistance movement because she was "genetically" proned to be violent. Ugh. Kira would smack Torres around like nothing.

Who'd win in a fight (physical or mental)?

Intendent Kira or Empress Sato?

Kira - hands down. Torres biggest hurts in life is being abandoned by her father and ridiculed for being half-Klingon. Kira grew up in a concentration camp. Her family died and her mother was forced to turn into a high-end prostitute for Gul Dukat just so her family would be cared for. Kira fought in a resistance for her people's survival and self-esteem. Torres fought in a resistance movement because she was "genetically" proned to be violent. Ugh. Kira would smack Torres around like nothing.

Tougher question.

Intendent Kira is a bit more decadent than prime Kira, so she may not be as scrappy and cunning as Empress Sato.

My guess is they'd end up lovers rather than rivals, but that said? I'd give it to Sato (who wouldn't stand a chance against prime Kira).

Favorite 20th century time traveling character:

Capt. Christopher ("Tomorrow Is Yesterday") or Dr. Gillian Taylor ("The Voyage Home")?

Tougher question.

Intendent Kira is a bit more decadent than prime Kira, so she may not be as scrappy and cunning as Empress Sato.

My guess is they'd end up lovers rather than rivals, but that said? I'd give it to Sato (who wouldn't stand a chance against prime Kira).

Capt. Christopher ("Tomorrow Is Yesterday") or Dr. Gillian Taylor ("The Voyage Home")?

I'll go with Gillian. She didn't go out of her way to mess with the main cast once she learned what was up.

What uniform would you rather wear?

TOS-Mirror Imperial or First Contact

Tougher question.

I'll go with Gillian. She didn't go out of her way to mess with the main cast once she learned what was up.

What uniform would you rather wear?

TOS-Mirror Imperial or First Contact

FC, definitely.

I'm too portly to wear Kirk's sleeveless costume (let alone Uhura's sexy bare midriff... :giggle: ).

Besides, black is slimming. :laugh:

Most boring uniforms.

ST-TMP or the Bajoran militia?

TMP. The Bajoran uniforms at least had a sense of grace to them. TMP was just straight up boring.

Better shattered reality episode:

VOY's "Year of Hell" or TNG's "Yesterday's Enterprise"

TMP. The Bajoran uniforms at least had a sense of grace to them. TMP was just straight up boring.

"Yesterday's Enterprise" because it affected people I cared about on the show, not passing strangers in the Delta quadrant. And it also (despite being an alternate reality) had consequence...

More interesting cybernetics nerd:

Dr. Richard Daystrom or Commander Bruce Maddox?

"Yesterday's Enterprise" because it affected people I cared about on the show, not passing strangers in the Delta quadrant. And it also (despite being an alternate reality) had consequence...

I'll go with Daystrom, because he lost all sense of reality and went insane. Maddox was just an a$$ towards Data.

Which controversial decision would you change?:

The killing of Tuvix to get Tuvok and Neelix back, or the killing of Sim to save Trip.

I'll go with Daystrom, because he lost all sense of reality and went insane. Maddox was just an a$$ towards Data.

The killing of Tuvix to get Tuvok and Neelix back, or the killing of Sim to save Trip.

Both were acts of murder; I'd have to say none. If I change one, I'd be ethically compelled to change both.

Both persons (Tuvix & Sim) had a right to exist. I suppose Archer's circumstances were more desperate, but it was still despicable.

Worse captain: Janeway or Archer?

Edited by Sehlat Vie

Both were acts of murder; I'd have to say none. If I change one, I'd be ethically compelled to change both.

Both persons (Tuvix & Sim) had a right to exist. I suppose Archer's circumstances were more desperate, but it was still despicable.

Janeway. Archer was really on his own exploring space for the first time and whatnot. But, he managed to do a bunch on limited resources. Janeway on the other hand had centuries of Federation principles to stand upon, and yet still failed in most regards.

What would you rather have as a pet:

A targ or a Shelat?

Janeway. Archer was really on his own exploring space for the first time and whatnot. But, he managed to do a bunch on limited resources. Janeway on the other hand had centuries of Federation principles to stand upon, and yet still failed in most regards.

What would you rather have as a pet:

A targ or a Shelat?

See: my avatar. :thumbup:

Better ST writer:

Gene L. Coon or Ronald D. Moore?

Ronald Moore. Coon wrote the book on Trek in a lot of ways, but Moore contributed to DS9. To me that is what got me in Trek and he took Star Trek to a whole other level. It doesn't hurt that he also contributed to BSG which is another show I love. This man roped me into sci-fi a lot!

Quadrant you'd want to live in (I'm not talking about exploring or being lost in. I mean settled down in and living on a planet).

Alpha Quadrant or Delta Quadrant?

Ronald Moore. Coon wrote the book on Trek in a lot of ways, but Moore contributed to DS9. To me that is what got me in Trek and he took Star Trek to a whole other level. It doesn't hurt that he also contributed to BSG which is another show I love. This man roped me into sci-fi a lot!

Quadrant you'd want to live in (I'm not talking about exploring or being lost in. I mean settled down in and living on a planet).

Alpha Quadrant or Delta Quadrant?

I'd go for Alpha Quadrant. Not as many hostile species running around.

WHo would you rather have as your wing man on a double date:

Kirk or Sisko.

Sisko def. Preferably a young ensign Sisko. Cal Hudson and Curzon Dax implied that when he was a young man he was really fun to hang out with and a good buddy to have. Kirk seems like the type to steal your girlfriend. :P "Sorry, mister. But she wants the Captain's Log. What can I say?" So definitely The Sisko.

Would you rather be trapped in: (as in, no amount of technobabble will get you out)

The Mirror Universe during the Terran Empire's reign (as an alien!) or trapped in the middle of World War III?

Sisko def. Preferably a young ensign Sisko. Cal Hudson and Curzon Dax implied that when he was a young man he was really fun to hang out with and a good buddy to have. Kirk seems like the type to steal your girlfriend. :P "Sorry, mister. But she wants the Captain's Log. What can I say?" So definitely The Sisko.

Would you rather be trapped in: (as in, no amount of technobabble will get you out)

The Mirror Universe during the Terran Empire's reign (as an alien!) or trapped in the middle of World War III?

The Mirror Universe. At least I wouldn't necessarily be trapped on one nuked planet...

Better pet:

Worf's pet targ or Archer's Porthos?

The Mirror Universe. At least I wouldn't necessarily be trapped on one nuked planet...

Better pet:

Worf's pet targ or Archer's Porthos?

Personally, I always liked beagels. So I'll go with Porthos.

Better Captain blowup scene:

Janeway wanting to blow up Voyager to get the scientist aliens off her ship or Archer's blowup at the Vulcan's during his Xindi Mission debriefing.

Janeway wanting to blow up Voyager to get the scientist aliens off her ship or Archer's blowup at the Vulcan's during his Xindi Mission debriefing.

They weren't really equivalent; Janeway was using an equivalent of Kirk's 'corbomite' bluff, while Archer was venting his frustration with the Vulcans (many years of pent up tension). But I found Archer's more believable. I'll go with Archer.

Which dangerous ST game would you rather play:

Parissee's (sp?) Squares or "The Game" that Riker brings aboard?

Edited by Sehlat Vie

They weren't really equivalent; Janeway was using an equivalent of Kirk's 'corbomite' bluff, while Archer was venting his frustration with the Vulcans (many years of pent up tension). But I found Archer's more believable. I'll go with Archer.

Which dangerous ST game would you rather play:

Parissee's (sp?) Squares or "The Game" that Riker brings aboard?

Parissee's Squares. It won't control my mind!

What music would you rather listen to?

Vulcan (which we hear perhaps once) or Klingon Hard Rock (which all rebellious teens seem to like)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0