Sign in to follow this  
The Founder

Star Trek: This or That?

The E. I have very little problem with the new ENT bridge as most do, but I like the more cloistered look to the E.

Personal bodyguard you'd prefer:

Odo or Worf

Odo!

No question.

Worf is little better than having a rent-a-cop security guard compared to Odo. Odo can shapeshift at will! He's so bad ass he doesn't even NEED a phaser!

And when was the last time someone kicked Odo's ass?

Worf got beat up by a 70-something admiral, for goodness sake (in TNG's Conspiracy).

Bigger heartbreak episode:

"Inner Light" or "The Visitor"?

Edited by Sehlat Vie

Damn both of these are real tear jerkers. I give the Visitor the edge because it hits a bit close to him. I love my father and I'd do anything for him too. I think this episode means a bit more to me because it is something many sons can relate too. A friend of mine also told me a personal story about how he lost a parent and how this episode means all the more to him now.

But the Inner Light is also a beautiful story. Both of these are sci-fi at its most human.

Teacher you'd want to learn humanity from:

EMH or Data?

Damn both of these are real tear jerkers. I give the Visitor the edge because it hits a bit close to him. I love my father and I'd do anything for him too. I think this episode means a bit more to me because it is something many sons can relate too. A friend of mine also told me a personal story about how he lost a parent and how this episode means all the more to him now.

But the Inner Light is also a beautiful story. Both of these are sci-fi at its most human.

Teacher you'd want to learn humanity from:

EMH or Data?

Data.

He has less attitude. Although the EMH is one of only two VGR characters that I like.

Better engineer:

Montgomery Scott or Miles O'Brien?

Damn. This is a toughie. First I'll assume you mean Doohan's Scotty? They both seem so equal. Both deal with impatient captains that want work that normally takes 8 hours done in like 1 hour. They both can deal with alien tech (Scotty and the bird-of-prey/O'Brien and Terok Nor). They both have cool accents. How dare you! I'll give the edge to Scotty as he is the original engineer of engineers!

Where would you rather be trapped in (on an Intrepid-class):

Delta Quadrant or Gamma Quadrant?

Damn. This is a toughie. First I'll assume you mean Doohan's Scotty? They both seem so equal. Both deal with impatient captains that want work that normally takes 8 hours done in like 1 hour. They both can deal with alien tech (Scotty and the bird-of-prey/O'Brien and Terok Nor). They both have cool accents. How dare you! I'll give the edge to Scotty as he is the original engineer of engineers!

Where would you rather be trapped in (on an Intrepid-class):

Delta Quadrant or Gamma Quadrant?

The Gamma quadrant.

I'd rather face the Dominion than Neelix and his toxic cooking (and annoying personality).

Non "Enterprise" class of ship:

Intrepid class or Defiant class?

Defiant-class. I want a kick-ass battle ship. As was described, "it's on a five-year mission to kick ass". I also like the claustrophobic submarine feel to it. Seems more intimate to me. Weird, I know.

Dominion War or Romulan-Earth War?

gazomg   

Dominion War was a great plot for DS9

Most annoying...

The Bajoran religion crap

or the dull Vulcan emotion supression

Dominion War was a great plot for DS9

Most annoying...

The Bajoran religion crap

or the dull Vulcan emotion supression

I'm a Niner, but I find the Vulcan suppression of emotion far more fascinating than a bunch of quasi-mystical hugger mugger. Go Vulcans!

But I do appreciate that DS9 was bold enough to introduce religion into ST. And it also reflects our own world better; since religion is an undeniable part of the human condition... whether one believes or not (I fall in the latter category).

J_Chaney   

Nomad. A smart person could just lead the Doomsday machine away by stayting on the very edge of its defensive sphere. Take it to an expanse with no planets it would run out of feul eventually.

The more intimidating Klingon

Captain Klaa of V or Chang

Chang.

One of the few Klingons who wasn't a blustery, stupid, wannabe-space biker with bad hair. One of the better TOS movie villains.

Reminds me more of the wily, sneaky Klingons from TOS; before they all went loud and stupid.

Transporter or shuttlecraft?

I agree on that, plus you have to love the Shakespeare quotes :KLINGON1:

Uh oh...no one added a new this or that! :P

(Tech you'd rather have:)

Genesis Device or Slipstream device

Genesis device.

It would end famine and the problem of overpopulation forever!

And even though it reeks of alchemy and not science, it sort of deflates the argument of the haters of ST09's 'red matter' (which IMO is no less ludicrous than an alchemy-inducing torpedo).

The slipstream is just another form of warp drive.... * yawn *

Better companion on a long trip:

Quark or Garak?

I would have to say Garak. Both are cool in their own way and pain in the asses in their own way, on a long trip, Garak would have the best stories!!!

Who was the bad-assest???

Koloth, Kor, & Kang in TOS or Koloth, Kor, & Kang in DS9?

I would have to say Garak. Both are cool in their own way and pain in the asses in their own way, on a long trip, Garak would have the best stories!!!

Who was the bad-assest???

Koloth, Kor, & Kang in TOS or Koloth, Kor, & Kang in DS9?

Kang in TOS.

He was the first Klingon to have the 'honorable warrior' template; before him, all Klingons in TOS were just swarthy saboteurs who poisoned grain and killed defenseless hostages.

Kang also had a nobility and a regality that (up till then) we just hadn't seen in TOS Klingons. It wouldn't really be seen again till Worf on TNG. He was also the ONLY Klingon in TOS that was ever truly the equal of Captain Kirk (in both intelligence and cunning).

Favorite "Halloween-themed" ST:

"Catspaw" or "Devil's Due"?

Edited by Sehlat Vie

I've only seen Devil's Due, but I love that episode a lot. I had no idea it was a "Halloween themed" episode. :P I love the character of Ardra and it is a nice anti-religious episode if I've ever seen one. :P

Who'd you rather have backing you in a bar fight?

(Doohan's) Scotty (Trials and Tribbelations) or young brash Picard (Tapestry)?

I've only seen Devil's Due, but I love that episode a lot. I had no idea it was a "Halloween themed" episode. :P I love the character of Ardra and it is a nice anti-religious episode if I've ever seen one. :P

Who'd you rather have backing you in a bar fight?

(Doohan's) Scotty (Trials and Tribbelations) or young brash Picard (Tapestry)?

Scotty.

He didn't get stabbed thru the heart. :P

And poor Jean-Luc got his ass handed to him by a 300 year old El-Aurian in GEN; he even had to visit Kirk in the Nexus to get help.... :P

No offense to Picard, but in a bar fight? Scotty all the way.

* Devil's Due wasn't REALLY a Halloween ep. (it was actually broadcast in February, I think), but it seemed the closest TNG ever had to one. :giggle:

Least explored character:

(3 choices)

TOS' Hikaru Sulu, ENT's Travis Mayweather or VGR's Harry Kim?

Travis Mayweather HANDS DOWN. Sulu went on to become captain and has some really good moments that make him shine. Kim had a few episodes that let him shine too. I can't remember a single episode of Mayweather being the "star" or part of the main plot line.

How would rather be remembered:

The first UFP president of a Federation that now spans every quadrant in the Milky Way Galaxy or the captain the Enterprise Z and first to explore a new galaxy

Travis Mayweather HANDS DOWN. Sulu went on to become captain and has some really good moments that make him shine. Kim had a few episodes that let him shine too. I can't remember a single episode of Mayweather being the "star" or part of the main plot line.

The first UFP president of a Federation that now spans every quadrant in the Milky Way Galaxy or the captain the Enterprise Z and first to explore a new galaxy

Captain of the 1701-Z.

More fun than being a desk bound politician ANY day. I would much rather see new vistas that no one has ever seen before.

A politician is a politician; no matter what century....

Time or space travel?

Captain of the 1701-Z.

More fun than being a desk bound politician ANY day. I would much rather see new vistas that no one has ever seen before.

Time or space travel?

Space Travel. Time Travel always seems to end up during WWII. Yawn.

Evil Alternative Universe you'd rather be in:

Terran Empire (Pre-Fall) or Evil Voyager from Living Witness.

Captain of the 1701-Z.

Time or space travel?

Terran Empire.

Hotter women in skimpier outfits. :laugh:

Besides, evil VGR still has that annoying Janeway in it....

Star Trek V:

Epic fail of a movie, or undiscovered classic?

Captain of the 1701-Z.

Time or space travel?

Terran Empire.

Hotter women in skimpier outfits. :laugh:

Besides, evil VGR still has that annoying Janeway in it....

Star Trek V:

Epic fail of a movie, or undiscovered classic?

Ooooh. I actually really like it. So, I'll say undiscovered classic.

Who'd win in a fight?

Kahn Noonien Singh or John Harrison/Kahn.

Well...going by the movie... John Harrison/Khan. I never saw the original Khan fight that way, but then again he seems smarter than Harrison who was outwitted by Section 31 and became their poodle. So I'll give the edge to the original Khan via intelligence. He'd probably outsmart him somehow and defeat him.

Hirogen in Nazi uniforms or Na'kuhl in Nazi uniforms?

Well...going by the movie... John Harrison/Khan. I never saw the original Khan fight that way, but then again he seems smarter than Harrison who was outwitted by Section 31 and became their poodle. So I'll give the edge to the original Khan via intelligence. He'd probably outsmart him somehow and defeat him.

Hirogen in Nazi uniforms or Na'kuhl in Nazi uniforms?

The Na'kuhl. With their red eyes and ever calm manner, they seemed a lot more terrifying.

Besides, VGR's Nazis on the holodeck episode was too stupid to be taken seriously. However IMO the best "Nazi" episode of ST was TOS' "Patterns of Force"; although the Ekosians (the episode's Nazis) were just non-made up 'human' actors.

Better Picard speech:

Data's defense in "Measure of a Man" or his own defense in "The Drumhead"?

The Na'kuhl. With their red eyes and ever calm manner, they seemed a lot more terrifying.

Besides, VGR's Nazis on the holodeck episode was too stupid to be taken seriously. However IMO the best "Nazi" episode of ST was TOS' "Patterns of Force"; although the Ekosians (the episode's Nazis) were just non-made up 'human' actors.

Better Picard speech:

I liked the Data defense speech a tone better. Picard's speech for himself really was short and defensive, while Picard's Data speech was a full-out attack that really made one think.

Better weapons:

TOS Phasers or nuTrek phasers.

Edited by Admiral Harmon

Better Picard speech:

I liked the Data defense speech a tone better. Picard's speech for himself really was short and defensive, while Picard's Data speech was a full-out attack that really made one think.

Better weapons:

TOS Phasers or nuTrek phasers.

NuTrek phasers.

The new hand phasers have more of a 'punch' to them (a tribute to both the FX and Ben Burtt's amazing sound work; he is both a Star Wars original & new trilogy vet), and I like the rotating modes. And I like the slim, red, deadly fast phaser beams that come spraying from the Enterprise when she finally catches up to Nero at the end of ST09....tres cool! :thumbup:

Of course the TOS phasers were very cool for 1966, but NuTrek has the advantage of more sophisticated sound and visual FX.

Better warp effect: TMP or ST09?

Edited by Sehlat Vie

Sign in to follow this