Sign in to follow this  
The Founder

Star Trek: This or That?

Every forums needs a this or that. :P

Rules are simple. You write two things, next person answers by choosing one (but also explain why you chose it) and then add another two.

Example:

(Shatner's) Kirk's Enterprise or (Pine's) Kirk's Enterprise.

Kirk's! Because it didn't get its ass kicked every time it popped up on scene.

See? Easy.

So I'll start us off.

Five year mission or protect the Bajoran wormhole?

Every forums needs a this or that. :P

Rules are simple. You write two things, next person answers by choosing one (but also explain why you chose it) and then add another two.

Example:

(Shatner's) Kirk's Enterprise or (Pine's) Kirk's Enterprise.

Kirk's! Because it didn't get its ass kicked every time it popped up on scene.

See? Easy.

So I'll start us off.

Five year mission or protect the Bajoran wormhole?

Protect the Bajoran wormhole.

It was a unique mission for a ST series. It wasn't just a stale 'ship flying aimlessly in space' format. It had both an arc and permanent setting. Two things ST never attempted before (or since).

Uhura as space-age switchboard operator or Uhura as genius multi-xenolinguist?

^ have to go with the original, though I think it's a dis-service to sum her up as a switchboard operator.

Time for a toughie. Voyager or Enterprise? (the series, not the ships)

Not tough for me. :P Just sayin!

Enterprise. I loved the fact that the show had a continuing arc, I personally like the characters (even if they were a bit...lackluster), and I liked exploring the more primitive side of Trek. I love season 4. If it had been that all the way through? I'd put it under DS9 as my 2nd favorite.

Captain Jellico or Captain Picard?

I would have to say Captain Picard. He stands by his principles as he preaches them (unlike Katherine Janeway who preaches them then turns into a hypocrite about them)

Sovereign Class or the Galaxy 3 engine dreadnought from AGT?

I would have to say Captain Picard. He stands by his principles as he preaches them (unlike Katherine Janeway who preaches them then turns into a hypocrite about them)

Sovereign Class or the Galaxy 3 engine dreadnought from AGT?

Sovereign Class.

The thing is far more beautiful & symmetrical than the bloated, 3-nacelled Enterprise from AGT. The Ent-E looks fast even when idle. Love that ship....

Favorite bridge:

TOS Enterprise or Enterprise D?

Enterprise D (Generations Version :D). I hated the TOS captains chair. Not to mention that the bridge doesnt face forward. There are diagrams the suggest the bridge face diagonally. The Enterprise D looks a lot more comfy and has a bigger TV...pretty much the whole Warping wall...and there seems to be an advantage of having my 1st officer on my right and my Shrink on my left.

Favorite KILF

Lursa or BE'tor

Enterprise D (Generations Version :D). I hated the TOS captains chair. Not to mention that the bridge doesnt face forward. There are diagrams the suggest the bridge face diagonally. The Enterprise D looks a lot more comfy and has a bigger TV...pretty much the whole Warping wall...and there seems to be an advantage of having my 1st officer on my right and my Shrink on my left.

Favorite KILF

Lursa or BE'tor

Oh hell, NEITHER. :thumbdown:

Both were such over-actors. It's like they were trying out for a cheap road-show production of "MacBeth."

And contrary to some, I find Klingon women about as sexy as my elbow...

Star Trek.

Fans films such as ST: Continues/Phase II or Abramsverse Star Trek?

Fanfilms. More true to trek, and less ridiculous. (Of Gods and men being my favorite-also Starship Exeter's 2nd episode being almost professional...wish they'd finish it.)

The better looking?

The Excelsior NCC-2000 Bridge or the Uss Enterprise NCC-1701-B bridge

Fanfilms. More true to trek, and less ridiculous. (Of Gods and men being my favorite-also Starship Exeter's 2nd episode being almost professional...wish they'd finish it.)

The better looking?

Well, they're the same set essentially, but I like the richer color palette of the NCC-1701 B's bridge.

Star Trek series:

VGR or ENT?

The better looking?

Well, they're the same set essentially, but I like the richer color palette of the NCC-1701 B's bridge.

Star Trek series:

VGR or ENT?

ENT. They ran with stuff a lot better than VGR.

Okay, Section 31 or Obsidian Order.

The better looking?

Star Trek series:

VGR or ENT?

Because I'm such a huge fan of Garak, I have to give this one to the OO. S31 had no sense of humor; although Sloan was very interesting.

But ultimately I'm a Garak fan, so the OO wins.

Trek doctors:

Bashir or the EMH?

The better looking?

Star Trek series:

VGR or ENT?

Because I'm such a huge fan of Garak, I have to give this one to the OO. S31 had no sense of humor; although Sloan was very interesting.

Trek doctors:

Bashir or the EMH?

I'll give it to Bashir. Despite the Doctor being really interesting and funny person, he too many times disobeyed orders and was too selfish.

More trickster:

Q or Trelaine?

Edited by Admiral Harmon

The better looking?

Star Trek series:

VGR or ENT?

Trek doctors:

Bashir or the EMH?

I'll give it to Bashir. Despite the Doctor being really interesting and funny person, he too many times disobeyed orders and was too selfish.

More trickster:

Q or Trelaine?

Oh Q, by a landslide.

Trelane was a bothersome meddler by comparison (although I still think he was an infant of the Q species). Q could alter any or all of space-time at will.

Better helmsman:

Travis Mayweather or Hikaru Sulu?

Hikaru Sulu. While I did say I enjoyed ENT, Mayweather never struck me as a good helmsman. In fact, I got the vibe that a relief helmsman could do his job the same way he did. Sulu had a lot of good moments and went on to be a kick ass captain.

Neelix style of dress or Season 1-3 Wesley Crusher style of dress?

Wesley Crusher.

As ugly as his sweaters were, at least he didn't look like grandma's couch...

Better science officer:

Commander Spock or Subcommander T'Pol?

Sehlat Vie! You think anyone in their right mind would pick T'Pol? :P SPOCK is my answer. Besides the fact that he set the gold standard on science officers in Trek, he actually did perform his job amazingly well. Brilliant, analytical, and logical. Even Dax was smitten with him! And like Sulu, he went on to be a kick ass captain!

Warship of choice

Defiant-class or Klingon Bird-of-prey (24th century model)

Sehlat Vie! You think anyone in their right mind would pick T'Pol? :P SPOCK is my answer. Besides the fact that he set the gold standard on science officers in Trek, he actually did perform his job amazingly well. Brilliant, analytical, and logical. Even Dax was smitten with him! And like Sulu, he went on to be a kick ass captain!

Warship of choice

Defiant-class or Klingon Bird-of-prey (24th century model)

Silly founder.... the flying toilet seat, of course! :P Defiant! :thumbup:

(PS: I threw the T'Pol/Spock one in there to see if anyone was paying attention... :laugh: ).

Excelsior basic (NCC-2000) or Excelsior class variant (Ent-B)?

Excelsior Basic. Although, I could see advantage of have 2 extra impulse engines. (As time went on the bottom has looked weirder and weirder to me)

NAvigator

Bailey (Corbomite Maneuver) or Stiles (Balance of Terror)

Excelsior Basic. Although, I could see advantage of have 2 extra impulse engines. (As time went on the bottom has looked weirder and weirder to me)

NAvigator

Bailey (Corbomite Maneuver) or Stiles (Balance of Terror)

Bailey.

Poor Bailey just snapped under pressure (we ALL do sometimes); Stiles was just a racist prick who only came around when Spock risked his life to save his sorry ass. If Spock hadn't (and another crewman did), his attitude would be unchanged....

Destructive robots:

Nomad or the Doomsday Machine?

Nomad. A smart person could just lead the Doomsday machine away by stayting on the very edge of its defensive sphere. Take it to an expanse with no planets it would run out of feul eventually.

The more intimidating Klingon

Captain Klaa of V or Chang

Nomad. A smart person could just lead the Doomsday machine away by stayting on the very edge of its defensive sphere. Take it to an expanse with no planets it would run out of feul eventually.

The more intimidating Klingon

Captain Klaa of V or Chang

Chang.

One of the few Klingons who wasn't a blustery, stupid, wannabe-space biker with bad hair. One of the better TOS movie villains.

Reminds me more of the wily, sneaky Klingons from TOS; before they all went loud and stupid.

Transporter or shuttlecraft?

I know that the transporter isn't meant to work this way in Trek, but I choose the shuttle craft because it doesn't kill you. I don't care what Trek says. The transporters, going off of how they describe them in Trek, kills people and duplicates a copy of them on the other side. At least I'll make it to my destination ALIVE in a shuttle (unless a a VOY crewmen is flying it).

More intimidating:

Jem'Hadar or Borg

I know that the transporter isn't meant to work this way in Trek, but I choose the shuttle craft because it doesn't kill you. I don't care what Trek says. The transporters, going off of how they describe them in Trek, kills people and duplicates a copy of them on the other side. At least I'll make it to my destination ALIVE in a shuttle (unless a a VOY crewmen is flying it).

More intimidating:

Jem'Hadar or Borg

Hmmm.... I would have to say pre-VGR Borg. Before VGR made them toothless tigers, they were the most genuinely scary villains in all of Star Trek.

Cooler bridge:

ST09 Enterprise or the 1701-E?

The E. I have very little problem with the new ENT bridge as most do, but I like the more cloistered look to the E.

Personal bodyguard you'd prefer:

Odo or Worf

Sign in to follow this